Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #1

GIO 110cc Mini Hummer Stalling

Just picked up a Gio 110cc hummer for my boys. Unless we are continually throttling, it stalls ? Even when we start it, we have to give it a shot of the throttle or it won't start and just sit in an idle position.

I am new to this ATV thing, so some patience would be appreciated. The first thing I was going to do is change the spark plug. I'm just not sure what the next step will be. Help!!! My boys are all over me.....

Old 08-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #2

you should see a screw looking thing with a spring on it sticking out of the carb... try turn it in 1/4 turns at a time untill it will idle..

Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

A friends of mine was running about the same as you say, changed the plug and now it runs fine, you will need the NGK CR7HSA for your 110cc.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #4

That screw you were mentioning at the carb. There are two screws. One at the top, which is closer to the trottle cable (atleast that what I think it is) or the one at the bottom. Which one do you think needs the adjustment ?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #5

im not really sure about which one, my carb only has one screw with a spring you can see..

take a picture and post it up, also run 93 octane gas. quads and dirtbikes run better with the higher octance vs the cheaper stuff

the idle screw should be on the side inline with the tube that the throttle goes into..

Old 08-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcass
That screw you were mentioning at the carb. There are two screws. One at the top, which is closer to the trottle cable (atleast that what I think it is) or the one at the bottom. Which one do you think needs the adjustment ?
You 110cc Hummer should have the same carb as my 110cc T1, here is a pic showing the carb, the RED arrow is the idle screw, screwing it in futher will raise the idle rpm, screwing it out will lower the rpm ( it sounds like you need to screw it in at least 1 turn to get the idle up higher so it will stay running ).
The GREEN arrow is the air/fuel screw, if, after raisng the idle the engine idles fine than you won't have to mess with it, normal is 1.5 turns out from closed.

Change the plug, set the idle screw and keep us posted from there.

* * * * Also make sure the choke isn't on, this will prevent it from idling long, the black arm on the opposite side of the carb in the pic i took should be in the down position, not up, having the choke on will also do what you are explaining to us * * * *

Old 08-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #7

also the gas, it smoothed out my idle a great deal..

Old 08-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #8

Ok. This is what I did. I changed the sparkplug. I then adjusted the red screw in wards. I know have the screw all the way in. It will idle but for only about 30 seconds and then it will stall.

Should I adjust the green screw know? I have also played with choke.
What do u think?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #9

Ok, so it's now kinda idling, now we must figure wheather it's loading up with fuel or running out of fuel that is causing it to quit, it could go either way, if you think it is too rich then you need to screw the green arrow screw in, this will lean the mixture, if you think it's too lean then you will have to screw it out to richen the mixture. To me it sounds rich because if you were lean it should run at 1/2 choke, too rich would mean the choke will make it worse, so start by screwing that screw in 1/4 turn at a time, also be careful on the idle screw as when it starts running right the idle will be higher and it may cause it to try and take off on you, keep the rear elevated a bit if possible.