Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #1

atvs

what is a good website for 200cc chinese atvs my dad said hell buy me 1 because my 110cc atv cut 3 of my fingers off 2day so he said hes gunna get me a neww 1

Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #2

one with a fan guard?

Old 04-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #3

Your ATV cut 3 of your fingers off and your dad is going to buy you a new, bigger ATV?...Doesn't he like you?

Seriously though, sorry to hear that, what happened?.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #4

So YOU cut off three of your fingers with your atv....that is very sad to hear.
I've nicked my knuckles with my 4-1/2" grinder at various times and that isnt fun or pleasant.

Maybe your dad should get you a UTV instead, you know something that is fully automatic, 4wd, 2 seater which could be used to carry a nurse/medic, lots of room for a med kit and has seat belts and a cage.(maybe mount a flashing light on top and a siren)
If it has a small truck bed/payload area in the back it could be used as a medical transport ........you know...... if ever needed.

Or just have him get you one of these.
This is an 08 model but the 07's/08's are selling for just under 2K ALL OVER THE PLACE.
09 raptor 250

But only get it if you want parts, accessories and mods readily available over the next 10-20+ years.

I sat on one of these just the other day and it is a bit small for me but thats because I've been biggie sized but I'd ride one if I had it.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #5

Here's what he needs:

Old 04-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Here's what he needs:

Yeah, thats pretty much what I had invisioned.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #7

ok.........LMAO.........

i couldnt resist........what exactly happened to cause the "Loss" of your fingers.....?

they didnt actually come off did they.....?

and where on earth does one find a 250 raptor at and under the $2000 mark....?....

NEO

Old 04-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #8

Hey, I'm impressed! Capone lost three fingers; recovered from the trauma and got rehabilitated in a couple of days...and then the first thing he does, is learn how to type with one hand so he can return to this forum!

Now THAT'S dedication!

Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPLAZMA
ok.........LMAO.........

i
and where on earth does one find a 250 raptor at and under the $2000 mark....?....

NEO
Heh...yeah. Closest I've seen is a 7 year-old Raptor for $2600.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #10

Come to michigan the whole state is on sale at bargain basement prices.

Ok this SITE is advertizing in michigan auto & RV a buy one get one free :
buy a raptor 700 at regular price and get a free raptor 250

Here is the expensive, local DEALER selling them for $2199 but has them advertized in michigan auto & RV for $2049.(thats for a brand new 2008)
This dealer is very close to my house and I have in fact purchased two bikes from them in the past.

Planet powersports has an 08 listed in michigan auto & RV for $1990

C&Csport has a 2007 Honda TRX250EX for $1999 (motorcity powersports matches this price )

Those are just the ones in the michigan auto & RV that I could find quickly but I'm sure the other dealers around are about the same price.

Heck I'd be afraid..........very afraid to walk into a powersports dealership with actual cash in my pockets because I'm afraid they'd rip the pants off me trying to get at the loot. (like a little furry bunny hopping into a hungry pack of wolves )

I wouldnt be surprized if the powersport dealerships look like they are having a power failure because they cant afford to turn the lights on around here.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #11

Meh....by the time you pay the dealer prep and any other hidden charges, plus sales tax, I'd bet it would still end up costing ya over $3K to walk...err...uh...ride out the door. (And they probably just have one bike at that price, which was of course "sold" 5 minutes before you got there....but of course, they have a wide selection of other quality ATVs starting at just $3999.99 (plus tax and fees)...with EZ monthly payments (translation: "tack on another $800 in interest").

I'd like to hear from someone who actually GOT a Jap ATV for that price....... (& quite frankly, I think I'd still buy a Chinx, because the low-end Japs seem awfully spartan by comparison- at least from what I've seen)

Old 04-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #12

ok so my bacc axel was wobblin so i thought i but the gear in nuetral and it was in reverse and i left the bike on to check out the axel and the bike started to move in reverse and my ring index and middle finger got caught in the chain and twisted off and they fell off on the ground

Old 04-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #13

I left out the dealer prep, freight and other fee's and of course TAXES couldnt forget those for someone to bring up but even so I'd spring for the jap ride at those prices.
(I had to throw out a bone to be picked )
The model year of those brand new, half priced jap quads could also be brought up but seeing how chinese model years mean absolutely nothing it is a mute point really.

So a $2K yamaha raptor 250 or honda trx250ex plus about $120 tax(MI tax) plus lets say a generous $600 dealer fee's and you got $2720 so round it up to $2800 even and what you end up with is a toy that will most likely have parts and accessories for it for many years to come and those parts will be readily available.

The chinese stuff is a bit scarce and in my opinion a bit up in the air right now and after scouring the net for chinese parts for my projects I see some parts are backordered and have been that way for some time now.

The chinese ATV's I like are all priced around $1300+ (with my favorites being close to $3K) and that is just not a whole lot of price difference to put up with a lack of parts, accessories and hop-ups.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #14

I know the parts thing might come back to bite me in the behind one day- it was my one reservation about buying Chinese.....

But man, have you seen the prices on those Jap bike parts?!

I may be crazy (others back me up here!) but after having ridden a few 250-300cc Jap bikes, I was all the more happy when I got my Chinx, because it seems that (at least with certain models, like the Vbike V4SW) that the cheapo Chinx are actually faster and more nimble than the Japs. (Comparing it specifically to a 300 Yamaha Lakota)

After having rode a few Japs, I really felt like I was getting a Cadillac when I got my Chinx.

Hey, Team, just out curiosity: Do those Raptor 250's have grease zerks on the ball studs and suspension bushings?

The longevity issue might come into play here, too. I concede that the Japs will most definitely outlast the Chinx(at least as far as frame and suspension goes....but if you have a Chinx with a good motor, like a Lifan, and a good old manual tranny....those things are bulletproof).

Bet the Raptor has 5 or 6 forward gears too, whereas the Chinx usually only have 4. 'd be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison of similar models.

For me though...I'm thrilled that I can get an adult-sized 250 with a quality Lifan motor, shipped to my door for <$1300. (Don't forget, when ya start getting up to the $3K chinx, you can't really compare them to a Raptor...they're more comparable to $5-$6K Jap)

Old 04-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #15

The raptor 250's are the replacement for the old blaster and I know on the blasters I had from a brand new 89 to a more recent 90's model they had the grease zerks on the suspension which is nice.
The older blasters had mechanical drum/disc brakes but now they all have hydraulic.

My wifes raptor has the zerks and although she hasnt ridden it a whole lot or ever really thrashed it is a very comfortable and reliable ride.

The 300-350cc (they also had a 400cc version) chinese quad I liked was a copy of my wifes 350 raptor and cost $3K and hers brand new cost $4700 but we got it for $4300 and I have seen those recently advertized for $3300 so the prices are very close.

So if I were to plunk down $3300 on a 350cc quad and could get a yamaha for that or a chinese copy of it for slightly less which way do you think I'd lean.

There are some nice chinese quads and I wouldnt mind picking one up but I just want to watch and see how the whole chinese market develops for a while.

I think capone should look into the 125cc more race oriented quads as I think he'd like one of those best.

I think he'd actually like an older 2-stroke blaster as those can get up and scream fairly easy and are basically dirt cheap but the parts will keep getting harder and harder to find over the next couple of decades.