Why is the New Orion RXB250L

Why am I so drawn to buy this bike?

Old 08-08-2022, 08:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdano2022 View Post
Why am I so drawn to buy this bike?
LOTs of detailed upgrades on this new model

Old 08-08-2022, 09:14 AM   #3

It is pretty sweet! My only thought when it comes to the upgraded models is the cost/benefit ratio.. For example, you could get the Titan DLX (230cc/5sp) for $1800 vs the $2900 for this one. The question becomes, when low cost is one of the primary goals, is paying 60% more worth the extra benefits it comes with..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #4

Comparison to other available bikes is the answer. For under $3k, you get break away, adjustable levers, balanced 6sp ZS172FMM, rimlocks, bearcage foot pegs, fast shorty folding gear shifter, tucked in cagestylerear brake lever, fully adjustable suspension, multifunctional cluster, roller type throttle, frame-mounted luggage rack, passenger foot pegs that serve as attachment for luggage/bags, and lots of other standard full sized Enduro features you see on KTM, GPXmoto, EGL, etcetera for at least hundreds, usually thousand or thousands more. It's a steal.
What else to compare it to more road oriented dual sports. Not many have the ZS172FMM 6speed. The Lifan KPX is about the only one with many of these features. But it is not an Enduro class bike.
It is really a matter of your priorities. If you want better off road competence, get something like the RBXL. More into road trips with some trail riding too, get something like the KPX.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:03 PM   #5

Oh i certainly get the comparison to other bikes, especially Big-4, KTM, etc.. its the comparison to some of the existing China bikes that i was making. I figure all of these China variants will be 6-sp 250cc soon enough with entry points above 2k..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #6

There will probably still be some 5-speeds, carbys etc still around, because different people have different ideas about what they can or want to pay, and how good of a bike they need for their purposes. Same with cars, computers, and everything else. The Chinese are very aware of low prices being a big selling point. Some high-end bikes will creep up to Japanese prices or a bit below, such as 6-speed and LC, but many will not and will remain simpler.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 08-08-2022, 01:51 PM   #7

I see. You are wondering if the additional cost is worth it. It's a good question. I guess it all comes down to budget and what's important to you. I bought a Bashan Storm last year. The we got TBR7 for my son. We both prefer the Storm (USDforks and overall build quality), but they are practically identical compared to the Templar X. I like the Storm for it's comfortable seat, and lighter riding. But the Enduro frame and more powerful engine are lots of fun for more aggressive riding, jumps, wheelies (Templar).

In retrospect, which would I buy now? Probably the Orion RBXL!! But I am happy with what we got.

Don't forget, prices continue to rise. And for me, a package like the RBXL is a bargain this year! But that's because I prefer a carburetor (NOT the RBXL) and Enduro scale now, and appreciate the idea of one more gear now.

What is important to you? Do you want a 6speed? How about frame size? Do you need shorter seat height to be happy? Break away levers and bear cage foot pegs/controls important ? Or not?
Your answers will steer you to a good choice!

One other thing... Some people end up spending more on a cheaper bike as they upgrade controls and components. Right here on this forum! And they keep spending more! For instance, a 520 chain upgrade will cost you $100 or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
It is pretty sweet! My only thought when it comes to the upgraded models is the cost/benefit ratio.. For example, you could get the Titan DLX (230cc/5sp) for $1800 vs the $2900 for this one. The question becomes, when low cost is one of the primary goals, is paying 60% more worth the extra benefits it comes with..