Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to SonicDaMan
Giovanni 110cc Mini Beast questions

I just got a 110cc mini beast along with a Mikuni performance carb yesterday. I have a few questions.

1) What is the best break-in procedure for these motors?

2) Is it okay to break it in with the Mikuni carb, or should I use the stock carb first?

3) Would it be possible to install an oil cooler?

Thanks guys.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #2

If it was me:

Immediately change out what the Chinese call shipping oil with real 4 cycle motorcycle oil, and adjust the valves. If equipped with a K+N type of air filter at least spray K+N oil on it (if you don't change it out for something better), a NGK spark plug is a good idea too.
Operate "moderately" for 5 hours then change the oil again.
Operate a little harder for 5 hours then change the oil again (maybe synthetic?)

I'd use the carb it shipped with to break it in.

Sure it's possible, there are kits, or you get the adapter and make your own kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pit-B...31310005r19582

Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

Anyways, I have a couple more questions.

1. Is the rear brake light always supposed to stay constantly lit, or is there a wiring issue?

2. The switch on left hand grip gives me an option for a low beam and a high beam, but only the high beam works. Is this another wiring issue, or does the ATV only include a high beam?

3. Is there a battery out there that will be able to hold a longer charge? My battery always dies after a few attempts of the starter.

Thanks again.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #4

If your brake light is staying on all the time check where the wire goes into the front brake switch and try pushing it in further, if the light goes out and functions as normal a little crazy glue will hold it in place.

This pic shows thw wires i'm taking about http://microsprint9.angelfire.com/mi...lever?i=13&s=1

Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicDaMan
Thanks for the info.

Anyways, I have a couple more questions.

1. Is the rear brake light always supposed to stay constantly lit, or is there a wiring issue?

2. The switch on left hand grip gives me an option for a low beam and a high beam, but only the high beam works. Is this another wiring issue, or does the ATV only include a high beam?

3. Is there a battery out there that will be able to hold a longer charge? My battery always dies after a few attempts of the starter.

Thanks again.
Both Mini Beast's I've had around here have only had one position on the light switch work. Mine seem to both be the low beam. Not sure why that is. I believe another member with a Mini Beast had the same issue. Due to my research the lights are a good way to kill battery life, as there isn't enough power to run the light for any length of time, so I haven't bothered investigating the switch issue, as we just don't use the light unless absolutely necessary.

Not sure about the battery. You could try trickle charging it for a longer period, I wouldn't recommend more than 2 Amps as I've seen one melt after 30 minutes on a higher setting.

Depending on where you live, this could be a temperature issue as well. I was just up in central BC, and it was -14 overnight, and the batteries just couldn't handle that, and wouldn't start, and would die trying very quickly.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
If your brake light is staying on all the time check where the wire goes into the front brake switch and try pushing it in further, if the light goes out and functions as normal a little crazy glue will hold it in place.

This pic shows thw wires i'm taking about http://microsprint9.angelfire.com/mi...lever?i=13&s=1
Does that mean that the brake will only come on when I hit the front brakes? I never use the front brakes, and I actaully want to remove them. They are so ****ty and worthless.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #7

What i meant is if your brakelight is staying on all the time it is probably the front brake switch that is acting up, this happened on my 50cc GIO, and TurboT's mini beast too, a slight push on those wires til it functioned properly and a little glue to hold it in place.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #8

My sons Mini Beast was the same. I just pushed up on the wires and the brake light went out. I haven't glued it in yet though.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #9

You wont believe this but...on my mini ATV the circut is wired (get this) so when you switch from low to high beam THE POWER TO THE LOW BEAM IS GONE.

Let me explain. Low beam, meter on the wire, have juice, lights on, everything OK.

Switch to high beam, both bulbs are on, BUT no more juice flowing thru the wire that was just live 2 seconds ago for the low beam alone.

Strange