Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2024, 04:08 PM   #1

Motomax Suggested Mods/Upgrades?

After a few years, I FINALLY ordered a 2022 Motomax. I changed the oil and put my first 100 miles on it the last couple weeks. I've been reading the post on here with suggestions for the Hawk 250 found here:
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331

It is only going to be used for road riding as a commuter bike. Right now, I'm looking at the very least getting a better carb and an o-ring chain. How much of this list applies to the Motomax, if any? Are there any other suggested upgrades or modifications primarily for safety and longevity? Performance is secondary to longevity for me.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also if anyone could point me in the right direction for a luggage rack. I think I read Brozz parts will fit it but the tubing is weak.

Old 07-11-2024, 06:10 PM   #2

Peace Sports? TX powersports? Who has this 2 year old bike available new?
A stock conversion to motard 250cc! Nice work if you can find it...

Old 07-11-2024, 06:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKRider View Post
After a few years, I FINALLY ordered a 2022 Motomax. I changed the oil and put my first 100 miles on it the last couple weeks. I've been reading the post on here with suggestions for the Hawk 250 found here:
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331

It is only going to be used for road riding as a commuter bike. Right now, I'm looking at the very least getting a better carb and an o-ring chain. How much of this list applies to the Motomax, if any? Are there any other suggested upgrades or modifications primarily for safety and longevity? Performance is secondary to longevity for me.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also if anyone could point me in the right direction for a luggage rack. I think I read Brozz parts will fit it but the tubing is weak.
I had a Brozz a few years ago, and it was actually not jetted to bad, it had a 105 main , but I can't remember the pilot size. I assume the MotoMax comes with 46/17 sprockets, which is actually what I run on my Hawk, in fact I am running the very sprocket that was on my Brozz. 17/46 is pretty good on a Hawk, because of the tire size, but it was a little low for my Brozz, because it had smaller tires, and I figure your MotoMax does too, so if that's the case, then you may want to install a 42 tooth rear sprocket. As you mentioned the chain should be replaced, and I personally would probably replace the rear sprocket studs. I don't know if they are as bad as the ones on the Hawk, but I saw a video of Nick Corona having them break in his Brozz, which he mistreated. Check the spokes, and keep the valves adjusted, oil changed, and other simple routine maintenance, and it's probably a good bike. I don't know why the MotoMax wasn't more popular than it was.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 07-11-2024 at 06:44 PM.

Old 07-11-2024, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Peace Sports? TX powersports? Who has this 2 year old bike available new?
A stock conversion to motard 250cc! Nice work if you can find it...
I got it from Tx Powersports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I had a Brozz a few years ago, and it was actually not jetted to bad, it had a 105 main , but I can't remember the pilot size. I assume the MotoMax comes with 46/17 sprockets, which is actually what I run on my Hawk, in fact I am running the very sprocket that was on my Brozz. 17/46 is pretty good on a Hawk, because of the tire size, but it was a little low for my Brozz, because it had smaller tires, and I figure your MotoMax does too, so if that's the case, then you may want to install a 42 tooth rear sprocket. As you mentioned the chain should be replaced, and I personally would probably replace the rear sprocket studs. I don't know if they are as bad as the ones on the Hawk, but I saw a video of Nick Corona having them break in his Brozz, which he mistreated. Check the spokes, and keep the valves adjusted, oil changed, and other simple routine maintenance, and it's probably a good bike. I don't know why the MotoMax wasn't more popular than it was.
Thanks! I will definitely take note of these. Idk which sprocket it is tbh, the manual was very thin. lol I will make note of any upgrades for others as I do them, if the information doesn't pop up before I do them.

Last edited by ADKRider; 07-13-2024 at 10:42 PM.

Old 07-11-2024, 10:36 PM   #5

That is really cool. I thought Motomax died with Peace Sports. My Bashan Storm has a lot in common with the bike. Same engine I am sure. Similar or identical frame too. I am sure that this will be a nice bike. Sure looks great!

Old 07-12-2024, 02:03 PM   #6

I was looking on Facebook and the Motomax and Brozz both use the same 46 tooth sprocket. Is 42 still preferable? The rear tire on motomax is a 17. Specifically a 140/70-17

Old 07-12-2024, 03:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKRider View Post
I was looking on Facebook and the Motomax and Brozz both use the same 46 tooth sprocket. Is 42 still preferable? The rear tire on motomax is a 17. Specifically a 140/70-17
That's up to you, but seeing how the MotoMax is more street oriented, I personally would change to a 42, and if you occasionally want a little more lower end grunt, then you could buy a 16 tooth front sprocket , which is under $10.00 bucks. I considered a MotoMax years ago , but bought the Brozz, but honestly knowing what I know now. I think the MotoMax was probably the better deal. I know they have a different, more modern frame, and I think they have aluminum rims. At the time Peace was also selling Knobbies on rims that you could buy, and put on the MotoMax, but they were fairly expensive, but I think they were also on aluminum rims. The Brozz, and MotoMax were about $50.00 different in price, but I ended up buying the Brozz. That's why I said that I couldn't figure out why the MotoMax wasn't more popular than it was. The Brozz didn't have the same luggage rack as the older models that would break easily.

Tags
modifications, motomax, upgrades