Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #1

Clutch??

Does anyone know where I can get or even if I can put a performance clutch in my tao tao 250

Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #2

What do you mean by performance clutch? Does that mean a different friction material? Stronger springs?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #3

yeah thats what im lookin for

Old 03-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

I've punished my 200 Beast, and I've never experienced any clutch slippage. I don't think these engines make enough torque for such an upgrade.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

I know in my early years here that some of the cheaper dual sports were experiencing weak clutch springs. The upgrade was xr200 springs.

You taotao may be a yamaha clone. Not sure, but that would be what I would look into. Heavier springs would probably be the only thing needed.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #6

rollers

Hello . check out EBAY .. there are many sizes (weights ) of springs and rollers to increase take off & climbing.. also a performance CDI helps as well..

Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #7

Re: rollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
Hello . check out EBAY .. there are many sizes (weights ) of springs and rollers to increase take off & climbing.. also a performance CDI helps as well..
I believe he is referring to a manual clutch and not a CVT setup, but that would work if he does have one.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #8

yeah i have manual clutch and i already have a CDI on it I tried to change the carb to a Mikuni 30mm carb and changed the jets but i cant get it to run right

Old 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #9

focus on getting it to run correctly, once it is running like a top then look into new clutch springs.. when i replace my clutch i might look into new heavier springs but man idk if its needed with a properly adjusted clutch.. i have held the throttle at 50% at a dead stop in sand and just dumped the clutch and slammed it full throttle as soon as i felt the quad start to move. not once i have had any sort of slipping, i think maybe you need to adjust the clutch..

if you need help with that let me know and i will do a write up with pictures as soon as i get my swingarm back on.. but i can try to walk you through it...

Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #10

Yeah i could use some help on adjusting my clutch and I pretty much gave up on the performance carb i couldn't get it to run right past half throttle I had people tell me that it was the jets and i changed them like they said and still no change and then someone told me it was the exhaust and possibly the timing...HELL i thought it was just as easy as bolt on and go...BOY WAS I WRONG...LOL