Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2024, 01:37 PM   #1

Crying New Lexmoto rider from the United Kingdom

Hello fellow China bike riders, this is my third year owning Chinese motorcycles and sadly things have got very salty with a lot of the dealerships.

The bikes seem very sound and well made for what they are-i also do food deliveries on my bicycle for the last 10 years and over the last year on my lovely Lexmoto Aura 125 scooter, there were a few wear and tear issues but nothing mechanically wrong with the bike-the front tyre lasted over 13,000 miles for example which is outstanding and reflection of the bike itself.

Sadly the dealership networks are generally atrocious here in the United Kingdom, the dealership did not provide me with the log book and told me and charged me for three services before it should have had its first service at 3,000 miles, the bike also had some scratches and the dealership despite offering custom retro paint jobs were not able to help me or over most major issues i had with the bikes.
i then traded in the Aura for the Lexmoto Nexus which looks just as good as any Japanese bike if not better but for the second time the dealership over filled the engine oil firstly on the old bikes last 36 month service and then the new bike and had a fault strait out the show room (before i took ownership of the bike i pointed out that they had overfilled my engine oil again) which they are not addressing-exhaust leaked, over heating, misfiring etc-i do not think the person who has been running the store and working on my bike and who i was told was an apprentice is anything other then a college drop out and where these issues may have cropped up and legally voids my sales contract which is very unfortunate as the dealerships in my area tend to do these bikes which seem very decent, good value and excellent build quality for what they are a very bad disservice indeed; maybe some minor small defects, even coming with a warranty.
The sad reality is that i am left to sort out a broken bike myself and the dealerships are not even able to sell you a bike without breaking it would seem.
Below is some pictures of my lovely looking bikes.
I have joined the forum to share my story in the hopes that someone may find it of some interest and use or even to mitigate this sort of thing happening to other people as well as see if i can get some help with any of these issues i am facing as i have gathered a fair amount of information and data, taken videos and images to see if anyone maybe able to help me or has been through a similar experience.
It is a real shame as i love my bike when it is working but seem to spend more time trying to fix the bloody things which is down to the appalling levels or service and after sales support from the dealerships!
In general the dealerships near me do not seem competent enough to work or sell these bikes in the vast majority of cases that i simply would now know where to begin with this.

My first ever Chinese bike was a Honda CRF replica from Zongshen that i purchased from Tormoto United Kingdom , sadly i ran out of funds and this bike also never made it to the light of day

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	31655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0689.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	31656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	834.7 KB
ID:	31662  

Last edited by Bumper brush; Yesterday at 12:25 PM.

Tags
dealerships, lexmoto