Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #1

no air/fuel adjustment?

Having carb issues with my 2016 Pitster Classic 125 Pro (Skyteam ST125-6B) it is running lean and I'm not finding any way to adjust it. The pilot needle valve has no adjustment grooves like the older carbs. There are only two screws on the carb. A throttle stop and a float bowl drain. WTF? Do I have to swap pilot jets just to change the mixture? HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2196.jpg (110.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2195.jpg (91.7 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2194.jpg (88.9 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by iplaycarvin; 03-30-2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

SAME environmental friendly as http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16139
Mixture screw's location = where's pen marked
Bin it if want more adjustment ( "washer" trick http://www.chyangwa.net/thread-17273606-1-1.html works )

Old 03-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #3

Perhaps this would work for you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/24MM-MIKUNI-...wasUDw&vxp=mtr

There are measurements in the description section that you can compare with.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

I just got a SUPER FAST reply from Gary at Pitster Pro. He stated these new carbs are tamper proof as per EPA/California Emission Regulations. I knew when I saw that spaghetti-fest of emissions this might be a nightmare. That explains why there are no adjustments to air/fuel mixture. Not sure what I will do now. I guess I have a $2000 CT70 clone to park in the garage and just look at. I'm thinking the Honda dealer was right. I should have kicked in a couple more thousand and got a bike I could ride from the showroom with no labor involved.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #5

Thanks for replies. Waiting to see if Gary has any ideas. I'm assuming I'll be replacing this tamper-proof carb, or playing musical chairs until I find a pilot jet that will work. I'm about two minutes from rolling it to the street and selling it for best offer.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #6

If you will read a few of other carb problem fix's you will have a nice running bike. the sealed bit is just a brass plug that you drill then put a screw into and pull out. If the float bowl has security screws they can be removed too. New carbs are not expensive either if you can't run a drill/

Old 03-30-2016, 02:17 PM   #7

Your mixture screw is under that brass plug. Don't go crazy on us. We can help you out. That being said you will still need to likely fiddle with the jets to get it dialed in.

/