Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #1

Just created an account, picking up a Lifan 150 enduro tomorrow so yall will probably be seeing me here on a regular basis! This site rocks...and its about the only thing I have found for China made bikes. Will keep my eye on all fasteners/nuts etc. Learned my lesson on those when I owned a Harley.Take care,Buck

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #2

Welcome. Make sure you post pictures!!!
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #3

Welcome,

Old 08-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #4

Welcome Buck,
Feel free to ask any questions and enjoy your new ride...

Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #5

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes, I havent had a bike since 1998 and I am excited like a kid at Christmas.Going to Ft Worth to pick it up in the morning,trying to make a list of spare parts so I can pick them up at the dealer while I am there,I live about 2 hours from the dealer so its have some spare parts on hand or have to order them and wait on them to ship to my house when they are needed. Anyone have some suggestions on what I should keep for spares other than spark plug,cdi,and a headlight bulb? This is a Lifan 150 dual sport. Also, what size are the spokes? I need to get a spoke wrench too.Thanks!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #6

Welcome. New2riding won't fell so alone on his 150 now.

I wouldn't worry about the parts so much. Don't replace the stock bulb with another one. Get a good one that wasn't made in china. Link in the cross-reference parts thread.

You might want to ask on the spokes.

I have had no engine related problems yet.

Allen

Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #7

Ohhhhhh I have company! Congrats on the bike. Just for the record, I think I'm also the only chinarider who is happy with my stock headlight. It's also the only bulb I havn't blown.

The only thing I would suggest besides locktite and grease, (Hours of bike fun right there) would be extra inner tubes if you have the cash. Your replacement spark plug depends on what you get stock, same for head light. I have the same plug as ImEasy had in the parts sticky, it's different than most.

Metric sockets if you haven't got them, I learned pretty quick that there is no substitute for a digi-multimeter. What kind of riding are you planning to do? Have you signed up for the gallery here? Ask anything, anytime. Mike

Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #8

Got It.

Well,got the 150 today,changed the oil after I rode it around the block,man,that is a pain in the !*# to take the skid plate off to drain the oil,been riding it around for the last hour or so,so far the only problem is the tach stopped working after about 10 km. or a few miles? anyone have any ideals what it could be? Oh,and I broke the little tab on the tool kit first time I tried to hook it back,I jerry rigged the strap to a piece of some kind of rubber twist tie over the top of the box,doesnt really show.
Boy,this thing is moody,dont want to run without the choke forever and then its a little sluggish trying to crank when its hot, maybe after it gets broke in it will get better. More later.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #9

you have to do the carb mod on every china bike very lean mine HAD a smog pump(dont know proper name of part) you can get to carb mod by looking at stickys on top of page hope this helps

Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Welcome and start with the DS prep guide for a better running bike.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #11

It is easier to use the screen filter hole for oil changes too. It is on the side by the shifter.

Allen

Old 08-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #12

Buck,
You can drill out the skidplate to access the drain plug easier or Kato is right, just unscrew the filter cap located right behind the shift lever and drain it that way, keep an eye on the filter spring, just unscrew it slowly...

Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
It is easier to use the screen filter hole for oil changes too. It is on the side by the shifter.Allen
Totally true for me.

"If it runs better with the choke on then you are likely running lean" Kato too.

Liverchip"Welcome and start with the DS prep guide for a better running bike.

Really if you take any information from this site, the Ds prep sticky is the bible. It could make the difference between a good experience and a disappointing one. It takes a long time too. I'm at 3700KM's and I just greased my swing arm. :oops: My album is on page 8 of the gallery. One of the pics shows that oil filter hole and (?23mm cap, 23mm nut,?) Hope this helps. N2r.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #14

Inspection

Well, took off work for half a day to get bike inspected,was removing the fairing and broke the left front turn signal,had to engineer it back together so it would not be hanging when I took it in for inspect. The tach stopped because the tach cable broke about 2 inches from the back of the tach,gotta get a new cable now. Bike passed,now I have an inspection sticker,temp license plate and insurance,guess I am legal,just cant get in any fast traffic while I am breaking it in,probably wont be able to after break in since I hear 55-58 is about top speed.
Anyone have any suggestions on replacing all the signals? I need something that wont break if it is bumped into. Take it easy,Buck

Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #15

buck,

i got my turn signals from wheeling cycles $68.00 i picked them up so i'm not sure about shiping. thier web site is www.wheelingcycle.com
if you look on my thread new mods with pics you will be able to see them.
i got the smoke ones there are also amber and i think clear but not sure.
they are good to deal with at least with me. they are also a lifan dealer.