Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #1

Brozz/Hawk Rear brake lever fix?

I'm sure most have realized that the rear brake lever design on these bikes is absolutely horrible with how much it hangs downs below the frame it really restricts your ground clearance. I already got the the thing on a big log, luckily it didnt bend or break on the trail. But it was pretty annoying not being able to clear an easy obstacle. Is there an easy fix or a different lever assembly available to raise the pedal/master cylinder above the frame?

Old 12-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #2

No fix with out welding new frame tabs and different pedal geometry. It’s a dirt bike just go around what it won’t go over.

Ya the engineering lab was on vacation when the rear brake was designed.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 12-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #3

It's a dirt bike, I should be able to go over anything lol, plus the log was blocking the whole trail. Yeah I was afraid of that, time to start taking measurements and seeing what else will work.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #4

How’s about incorporating a skid plate with a wedge by the brake parts. Something to direct stuff away from the delicate parts.
I get it. Bushwhacked a few power lines pipelines snowy wet ski hill looking terrain only to realize forward is the only way out now. Trick is to know when looking at a trail.... easy, hard, yes but broken is worth the exploration.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!