Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #1

Carburetor Leaking Help

Hey Guys,

So my carburetor is still leaking out of the small hose coming from the bottom of the carburetor bowl. I changed the float needle valve and the float, but it still leaks. The float is not getting high enough in the bowl to cut off the gas flow. Is this a common problem?

What else could be the problem? The previous owner left gas in the carburetor for a couple of years and its on a TT250. Any other ideas?

Also, in case I cannot get the carb working, does anyone have a link to the correct Khenin slide carburetor that would work as a replacement for a TT250?

Thanks!

Last edited by mnelso00; 12-23-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #2

Set float level and bend tab a little as needed to close valve earlier

Old 12-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

There are 2 hoses a bowl drain screw and an overflow drain hose. Like NZ said bend the tab at the needle valve to close.

Here’s what that overflow is doing inside. Easy enough to replicate with clear hose if your carb is held level.
Name:  2D1E4824-6BD6-4D30-885D-86424BDC9392.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  13.0 KB
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 12-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #4

I admit that I'm quite biased; if I have to replace a carb, I use a Mikuni clone, since jets are really easy to find. The casting is quite good and the bowl is attached with four screws instead of three. Super easy to find on eBay for around $27.00; just search for 30mm Mikuni.

I remove the carb from the bike and turn it upside down on the bench (without the cap installed). Look for the parting line on the float and gently bend the float tab until the parting line is parallel with the bowl gasket surface.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #5

It could be that the float seat has some corrosion. Before adjusting the float height, take a chop stick and gently polish the float seat, and make sure that there aren't any burrs or anything in the float seat.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:36 PM   #6

So I have a 26 mm carburetor and I’m pretty sure I’m dealing with something similar I turn off the petcock valve and drain the carburetor at the drain tube and it drains.
Now the second that I turn the petcock back on it continuously drains (if allowed) the entire gas tank and I did into a gas can.

Now I’m not exactly sure if the carburetor needs to be replaced ( because it doesn’t have screws that are removable for the float bowl)
or if I should just hit it with a whole shit load of compressed air inside and out and clean it with carb spray, try using Starting fluid and use a new spark plug

I will provide pictures if I can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.6 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by Weldangrind; 01-13-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicthegreat420 View Post
So I have a 26 mm carburetor and I’m pretty sure I’m dealing with something similar I turn off the petcock valve and drain the carburetor at the drain tube and it drains.
Now the second that I turn the petcock back on it continuously drains (if allowed) the entire gas tank and I did into a gas can.

Now I’m not exactly sure if the carburetor needs to be replaced ( because it doesn’t have screws that are removable for the float bowl)
or if I should just hit it with a whole shit load of compressed air inside and out and clean it with carb spray, try using Starting fluid and use a new spark plug

I will provide pictures if I can
Slote the screws and replace them or reuse - fairly easy to do etc.