Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #1

Hawk 250 130 Mile Ride!

I've been wanting to do this 130 mile ride for awhile. First, I mapped out the ride on Google Earth using the track function. I then downloaded the tracks as a KML file. I converted the Kml file to a gpx file using GPS Visualizer. I then opened the file in my Garmin Map Source software. Now, I have a very accurate trail path of where I want to go without ever being there before. Map Source alone couldn't show me the route I needed. I could not have done this ride without GPS. The day was perfect! The Hawk performed flawless. It has lived up to its own high durability standard with me. I would take it just about on any ride I'm capable of. Having it legal on the street is a plus. No trailers to deal with. Just get on an go. The stock Hawk is ok, but you got to do the mods if you want it to fly like a Hawk should. I had the action cam on the headlamp at first, very bumpy I noticed. I switched it to the helmet later. Camera used was the ActiveOn CX. Very low cost camera. Battery last about 2 hours. I switched to video glasses later. they last about an hour. Still had plenty of riding to do after both cameras died. On the ride, got into town for a break and had lunch at a very nice 50's style dinner. During the ride, I passed by the Ford and Toyota proving grounds and a well known mine called Vulture Mine. They do tours.

Tags
activeon, ford, hawk, hawk250, toyota