Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

What is the best place to buy Tao Tao Hellcat?

I've been Manny'ed last year by superiorpowersports.com. Bike came bent, in totally damaged crate and it took me a few months to get my money back thru credit card dispute. I still want Hellcat but I am hesitant.

Who would you guys recommend getting Hellcat from?

All dealers seem to be drop shipping from the same warehouse in Texas and I suspect are associated in this or that way with VELOS POWERSPORTS. Is VELOS Manny's shop these days?

Old 04-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

good reviews from venom motorsports. i bought around 8 of them vader II over last couple years. not 1 major problem. and a couple other bikes too without issues

Old 04-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #3

Venom has only Vaders and they are... shall we say in the premium price range, like one could get a Vader $400+ or 40% cheaper.

After some googling I am down to 360powersports.com and powersportsmax.com. Both seem to not be associated with VELOZ POWERSPORTS.

powersportsmax.com were not really interested in my money and they sounded like your average china bikes drop-shipper, i.e. 3 days to transmit the order to warehouse in TX and whatever it takes for RL Freight to deliver, MCO comes later.

360powersports.com claimed that they ship from THEIR warehouse in TX and would send MCO and gifts the same time as UPS Freight would pick up the crate from warehouse. And yeah, they also warranty the whole powertrain for 12 months, not just the engine (that Tao Tao warranty) - what does it mean whole powertrain on a bike?

So, what is y'all take on those two?

Old 04-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #4

I recently bought 2 Hellcats from familygokarts.com. They were delivered in good condition in 4 days and after I provided VIN's, MCO's came in 5 days. I'm satisfied with their service. You can sift through threads on this forum, as I did before I purchased, and you will find good and bad reviews for many of the internet retailers. If you choose to order online, set your expectations low. You are buying a cheap new motorcycle at thin middle man margins and should expect problems. Both of mine didn't run due to what I would call assembly issues. And as you know, you take your chances with the shipping company.

If you want something ready to roll, then I suggest you pay the extra dollars to a dealer that has their hands on it before it gets to you.

Having said all, I think these are a great value if your willing to spend the time tweaking them, which is part of the fun for me.

Let us know your experience if you get one.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #5

You're dealing with that jackass "Manny" and his wife again with 360PowerSports, have fun, good luck, buy a lotto ticket, etc.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
Venom has only Vaders and they are... shall we say in the premium price range, like one could get a Vader $400+ or 40% cheaper.

After some googling I am down to 360powersports.com and powersportsmax.com. Both seem to not be associated with VELOZ POWERSPORTS.

powersportsmax.com were not really interested in my money and they sounded like your average china bikes drop-shipper, i.e. 3 days to transmit the order to warehouse in TX and whatever it takes for RL Freight to deliver, MCO comes later.

360powersports.com claimed that they ship from THEIR warehouse in TX and would send MCO and gifts the same time as UPS Freight would pick up the crate from warehouse. And yeah, they also warranty the whole powertrain for 12 months, not just the engine (that Tao Tao warranty) - what does it mean whole powertrain on a bike?

So, what is y'all take on those two?
ask for vince at venom, tell him john ryan from tennessee said he should give you $200 discount....this has worked before for others here....no crime in trying....

Old 04-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #7

Well...

I bought a Hellcat almost 2 months ago from Familygokarts and shipped by Saia. The Hellcat is still sitting in the shipping crate, taking up valuable space in my shed.

If you really want a Hellcat, I would check out Q9 Powersports!

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Good luck!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-26-2019, 09:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
You're dealing with that jackass "Manny" and his wife again with 360PowerSports, have fun, good luck, buy a lotto ticket, etc.
I don't recall exactly but does ol Manny operate other online shops under other names ?

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-26-2019, 10:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I don't recall exactly but does ol Manny operate other online shops under other names ?
Yes and he is a repeat offender dirt bag with every company .

Old 04-27-2019, 02:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I got tired of hunting down Sharma's business names/website addresses after I hit 8 it was just like playing whack a mole... I'm sure he has plenty more out there with as shady as he is... and with as many bridges he likes to burn down, he needs as many different "storefronts" as possible

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #11

I’m a member of a couple of hawk Facebook groups and almost every week there’s a new person posting that they are psyched because they just ordered a Hawk through Tx Powersports. Every time I see a post like that, I cringe and feel bad because Manny might be claiming a new victim. The challenge is keeping up with all of his business names so you know which one to avoid.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM   #12

Definitely NOT familygokarts

They are a bunch of wankers.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #13

bought mine from familygokarts.com not even 2 weeks ago. Shipping was super super super fast.. Im talking 3 days.. Havnt message them the VIN yet to get paperwork but so far no issue what so ever.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaHellCat View Post
bought mine from familygokarts.com not even 2 weeks ago. Shipping was super super super fast.. Im talking 3 days.. Havnt message them the VIN yet to get paperwork but so far no issue what so ever.
One post, joined within the last 6 days. The only post is about familygokarts?

Familygokarts is selling 2018's as 2019's. If your bike arrives damaged or defective good luck getting any parts from them.

Check out what the BBB has to say about them as well as the Dealer Discussion board on this forum.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #15

take it easy scoot, we are not all trolls.. Im pretty active on the 2 FB grom groups too under my real name. You could be right about 18-19 for i couldn't tel you. The stamp on mine says assembled 3/15/2019