Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #1

Bashan: fresh new bikes

It all started when I was looking at the fine print of the models listed on Bashan's EPA/DOT certification on the EPA Excel sheet listing all the bikes certified. I had found BMS's CRP 250 name as one of the models certified a couple weeks ago, which was a cool thing adding yet another dual sport to the mail-order world, among other names. In fact, I am copying and pasting the model names from the EPA site to show what I mean: BMS 250 CRP, BROZZ 250, BSR 250, CR250, MOTOMAX 250, RSF250R, Razer 250, SHARK 250, STORM 250

We are familiar with a few of the models, but there are models that are listed that never do get sold over here. One of the names, CR250, I thought was a blatant rip-off of a well-know Honda dirt bike, but figured that is what Chinese companies do--rip off names. However, I went to Roketa's site as I hadn't been for a while, and found the CR250. It is not a dirt bike, per se, but some of the smaller companies will get several models certified on the same certificate across the bike spectrum as the bikes use the same engine--Dongfang does this where they somehow get their bobber, sport bike, and an enduro on the same certificate. Well, this is the CR250. Like the BMS CRP 250, it might not be sold as a Bashan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bashan CR250.jpg (60.8 KB, 3888 views)
File Type: jpg Bashan CR250-2.jpg (95.5 KB, 2830 views)
File Type: jpg Bashan CR-250-3.jpg (60.8 KB, 2402 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-16-2018, 10:39 PM   #2

Which leads me to another Bashan non-dirt bike. I had seen a California online retailer who posted a video of the BMS CRP 250 claim that BMS was pursuing CARB certification. They confirmed it when I asked them in a comment. I figured retailers of Chinese motorsports will claim anything, so I tried to get information from the source. I called BMS and the woman who answered could not speak, nor understand English well enough to answer my question about CARB. I forgot about a contact I have had for a few years who is the Bashan rep for N. America. He told me about Peace Sports getting the Brozz, for instance, long before the Peace Sports rep posted this information, as well as who distributes the Bashan Storm and DB-41H (it is not Peace Sports). Since Bashan is the OEM for BMS's bike, I figured he would know, and then let me know that Bashan is pursuing CARB as well since the bikes are technically all Bashan bikes. Good and bad news came--BMS is pursuing CARB for THEIR enduro, but the bad news is that Bashan is not pursuing CARB for the rest of the Bashan branded bikes--the Storm 250, the Brozz 250, and the Enforcer, aka DB-41H. But he did mention Bashan is pursuing CARB for a 150cc street bike. I figured it would be a bike in the GLV (Grom-like-vehicle) class, meaning a mini, because who would bother selling a full-size 150cc full-size street bike, but when I asked for clarification, he confirmed the bike IS a full-size street bike in vein of Honda (my guess a version of a Honda we don't get in the US). He sent me photos, and like the bike or not, it will add one more low-cost beginner's bike to our ever growing list of Chinese bikes, but also includes California. I had posted these on the BMS enduro thread, so sorry for repeats if you already saw the bike there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2813.jpg (83.9 KB, 2198 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2812.jpg (98.1 KB, 2259 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It all started when I was looking at the fine print of the models listed on Bashan's EPA/DOT certification on the EPA Excel sheet listing all the bikes certified. I had found BMS's CRP 250 name as one of the models certified a couple weeks ago, which was a cool thing adding yet another dual sport to the mail-order world, among other names. In fact, I am copying and pasting the model names from the EPA site to show what I mean: BMS 250 CRP, BROZZ 250, BSR 250, CR250, MOTOMAX 250, RSF250R, Razer 250, SHARK 250, STORM 250

We are familiar with a few of the models, but there are models that are listed that never do get sold over here. One of the names, CR250, I thought was a blatant rip-off of a well-know Honda dirt bike, but figured that is what Chinese companies do--rip off names. However, I went to Roketa's site as I hadn't been for a while, and found the CR250. It is not a dirt bike, per se, but some of the smaller companies will get several models certified on the same certificate across the bike spectrum as the bikes use the same engine--Dongfang does this where they somehow get their bobber, sport bike, and an enduro on the same certificate. Well, this is the CR250. Like the BMS CRP 250, it might not be sold as a Bashan...

That looks kind of like a modern adv bike. A few farkles and bam! Adv bike. I think it would be a good buy if it's under $2000.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

Looks very RX3ish.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #5

I thought it looks like a Lifan KP 150 Mini, just in blue plastics.
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
That looks kind of like a modern adv bike. A few farkles and bam! Adv bike. I think it would be a good buy if it's under $2000.
Thanks to someone recently posting the CR250 offered via Saferwholesale, I found one NOT offered by saferwholesale, but being sold under an 'assumed' but familiar name, Apollo. It seems Gokartusa is into rebadging bike names, in this case a whole slew of Bashan bikes as Apollos. What caught my eye and does show under $2000 is the CR250. I am guessing Saferwholesale is also selling it for under $2k, but I don't count them as being a real dealer--they would probably send you a Hawk instead as a substitute

Here is the lineup of Bashan bikes sold as 'Apollos': https://gokartsusa.com/250-Motorcycl...rt-Enduro.aspx

Here is the CR250 by itself at $1600. I am really liking it now that I know it is available (just not to me in California) https://gokartsusa.com/Apollo-Enduro...-Bike-3-1.aspx

But the BSR 250/aka Enforcer is hard to beat for $400 less, but again, California says "no, no, no..."

For a poor-man's adventure bike, the CR250 is intriguing, however. I think we will be seeing more of them once someone takes the plunge. Megadan showed an interest in the bike for the same reason as you--a potential adventure tourer.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #7

A 300-400 cc ADV at 1/2 the price of the GS310 would sell like hot cakes.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #8

culcune, we CA fools can only keep our fingers crossed.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #9

Short, teaser video of the CR250. I forgot that Roketa lists the bikes they sell under the 'Roketa' brand name, so found it by putting in Roketa cr250 on youtube. I know enduros are always more practical than street bikes (yes, I know this is kind of 'adv bike-ish' but still more street than dirt), but I am really liking this bike!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #10

I actually just ordered one of the cr250s. Actually the one from gokartusa.com that is mislabeled as an Apollo. I’m excited to get it. I’ve heard of at least one other person ordering one but no owners yet that I know of. Hopefully everything pans out.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #11

These retailers leave something to be desired with their mislabeling! Nothing wrong with Apollo, but besides getting away with calling it a Roketa since they distribute the beast, these are Bashan made bikes, not Apollo. You caught on to the mislabeling, but there are numerous members who don't know the difference. A good example is the Bashan DB-41-250H or BSR 250 being labeled as a 'Hawk2' which insinuates it as a RPS/Hensim product. Kind of like calling a Chevrolet Silverado a 'F 150 2' or something silly like that. Nothing wrong with either brand, but a Chevy is a Chevy and a Ford is a Ford.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #12

Since this thread has been revived thanks to Joshlaird and his intriguing CR 250, I want to bring up the fact that Bashan's 150 street bike I posted a photo of above and here was recently granted EPA/DOT certification. Not sure the niche this will fit in, but it is good looking. Since it is related via Bashan, it is kind of a 'baby' CR 250.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2812.jpg (98.1 KB, 1669 views)
File Type: jpg Bashan CR-250-3.jpg (60.8 KB, 1649 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #13

Quote:
These retailers leave something to be desired with their mislabeling! Nothing wrong with Apollo, but besides getting away with calling it a Roketa since they distribute the beast, these are Bashan made bikes, not Apollo. You caught on to the mislabeling, but there are numerous members who don't know the difference. A good example is the Bashan DB-41-250H or BSR 250 being labeled as a 'Hawk2' which insinuates it as a RPS/Hensim product. Kind of like calling a Chevrolet Silverado a 'F 150 2' or something silly like that. Nothing wrong with either brand, but a Chevy is a Chevy and a Ford is a Ford.
Oh yah. The mislabeling has been atrocious. I think that comes from these bikes being made by "provinces", not necessarily companies, over the last couple decades. Whoever imported them, put their name on them and whatever internet sales site bastardized the names even more to make them look different from the competition, selling the exact same product.
I see Powersportsmax is finally using the real bike names as opposed to their own codes.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/20549

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-23-2019, 10:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Since this thread has been revived thanks to Joshlaird and his intriguing CR 250, I want to bring up the fact that Bashan's 150 street bike I posted a photo of above and here was recently granted EPA/DOT certification. Not sure the niche this will fit in, but it is good looking. Since it is related via Bashan, it is kind of a 'baby' CR 250.
I saw it was around a month old but that’s not too old to revive I’ve accidentally revived much older on other forums and felt like quite a shmuck. But I really wanna get as much info out here on these forums about this bike since since there’s only one other owner on the forums that I know of. Hopefully we can pave the way for many others to get into the CR250 with confidence.

Edit: This thread is 5 months old lol. Didn’t realize that. Meh. Still. Good info.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshlaird View Post
I saw it was around a month old but that’s not too old to revive I’ve accidentally revived much older on other forums and felt like quite a shmuck. But I really wanna get as much info out here on these forums about this bike since since there’s only one other owner on the forums that I know of. Hopefully we can pave the way for many others to get into the CR250 with confidence.

Edit: This thread is 5 months old lol. Didn’t realize that. Meh. Still. Good info.
Nothing to feel bad about since I was intending to revive it myself thanks to the 150cc bike Bashan was recently granted EPA/DOT certification for.

Many members know the quality of Bashan, so are not hesitant to buy the bike being an unknown, but rather what niche market it fits besides it being a standard of sorts. Most members here ride dual-sports, and don't know what to make of the CR, lol, myself included. Is it a 'ADV' bike? Pure street? With the seat height, members trying to find a shorter bike for their wife or girlfriend have another bike to choose from. You and the other member are Guinea pigs of sorts buying this bike...thanks!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150