Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2024, 10:54 PM   #1

hawk 250 pe30 nibbi carb idling high

I just installed a nibbi carb on my hawk 250 and as soon as it started it sounded like i was revving it and turning the air flow and fuel screw did nothing, would it be because the jets? I am 1,200 ft above sea level and the carb came with a 128 main jet and 40 pilot jet.

Old 06-28-2024, 11:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzo View Post
I just installed a nibbi carb on my hawk 250 and as soon as it started it sounded like i was revving it and turning the air flow and fuel screw did nothing, would it be because the jets? I am 1,200 ft above sea level and the carb came with a 128 main jet and 40 pilot jet.
Make sure the throttle is seated all the way. Sounds like the slide is hung up. Either that, or the cold start enrichment ("choke" plunger) may not be seated.

Without any other work done the PE30 is tricky to get the jetting dialed in. Pilot jet should be ok at a 40. I found a 38 to work better for me (1100ft) when I had my PE30 on my Hawk. Idle mixture is an air screw, so the more turns out, the leaner i gets. With a 38 pilot I found about 1 7/8 turns out worked well on said idle mixture. Needle I had to put in the second notch from the top to lean out my transitions. Main I won't be too much help with as I never ran the PE30 on a mostly stock engine but somebody else here might be able to chime in.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-29-2024, 08:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Make sure the throttle is seated all the way. Sounds like the slide is hung up. Either that, or the cold start enrichment ("choke" plunger) may not be seated.

Without any other work done the PE30 is tricky to get the jetting dialed in. Pilot jet should be ok at a 40. I found a 38 to work better for me (1100ft) when I had my PE30 on my Hawk. Idle mixture is an air screw, so the more turns out, the leaner i gets. With a 38 pilot I found about 1 7/8 turns out worked well on said idle mixture. Needle I had to put in the second notch from the top to lean out my transitions. Main I won't be too much help with as I never ran the PE30 on a mostly stock engine but somebody else here might be able to chime in.

I'm trying to dial in my PE28 myself with a pod filter and JFG exhaust. I tried up to a 42/135 5th clip down and it still would sputter and sound like it was going to die on hard acceleration during 1/8 and WOT, plug has been ashy white with the smallest hint of brown on the electrode

I think I'm going to go back to the drawing board and try and adjust my float to make sure it's at 18mm, and if its off start fresh from maybe a 38/120 3rd clip down

Old 06-29-2024, 01:39 PM   #4

This needle made all the difference on my Nibbi PE28FL:

https://www.factoryminibikes.com/pro...e28-pwk28-tb28

I also run the 38 pilot, but a 108 main, soon to be 105, as I am at 6000'+ elevation.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #5

This takes steps but will help you rule out a common problem. Disconnect the throttle cable. and take a pic of the inlet. Then reinstall everything, and compared the throttle slide position to the photo. Often the throttle cable makes too many bends and has constant tension on the cable, not letting the slide rest fully 'closed'.
3. 1978 Suzuki SG750

---------------------------------------------
Testing a YouTube Channel