Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #1

Hi from Bristol UK.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been off bikes for about 18 months and thought I'd get something for the commute and the odd weekend, previous bike was a Kawasaki Er6.

I've just bought a Superbyke RSP 200 from these guys:

http://www.avonmotorcycles.co.uk/bik...BikeID=6168197

Pick it up this Wednesday.

I've not had much experience of a Chinese import bike, except for the usual "don't do it get a Japanese bike" from people who have never actually had one.

I've seen people online and some on this forum have the 125cc of my bike, but I can't find very much online of the 200cc. Does anyone on here have one?

Any insight from you guys about any of the above ie Superbyke, the RSP good or bad would be greatfully received.

Cheers Guys

Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #2

Welcome. Do not know anything about the Avon bikes.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #3

Welcome! That's a nice looking bike. I wish they would show a left side view, so we could get a better look at the engine. From what I can see, it appears to be a counter-balanced Honda FTR engine, except at 200cc instead of 223cc; very popular engine. It is quite similar to the Honda XR200 engine, although the bore and stroke can be made larger on your version.

http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.com...10.RSP-200.jpg

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks weldangrind, I'll get you some better pics on the left side if you like?

After a bit more digging online I've found that it's a re-badged Xgjao motorbike.

This one in fact

The text say "Single cylinder,4 stroke,CBB counter balance shaft engine". Unfortunately I know less than nothing about engines so I guess your right. Is that good engine?

Can't wait to pick her up.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Cheers Guys

Old 01-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #5

Nice bike. Very nice looking. Looks like the new Yamaha R25.

The 200cc OHV Chinamotor is very reliable and would make a great around town/country commuter for you and return great economy. The counterbalancer makes it a little smoother.

Most problems with these bikes, although numerous, are minor. Read the thread for How To Prep A Dualsport Bike on this forum for some good preventative maintenance recommendations. Almost all of that discussion applies to your bike.

Stay off any road posted above 55MPH/90KPH and you'll be fine. NOTE this does not take into account hills and headwinds.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #6

Yes, that engine is otherwise known as a CB200 in Asia, although the CB series is quite different in NA. The CB200 your bike is equipped with has been known to be dead reliable. You need to be consistent with oil changes, check your cam chain tension and valve clearances every second oil change (very easy) and enjoy it for what it is.

I wish you many happy miles on it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #7

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. The other gentlemen have given you excellent advice; I don't have anything to add.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #8

Welcome to here--I would recommend joining and posting on www.mychinamoto.com as well. That site seems to have a strong international presence with quite a few N. American and European ex-pats who live and work in China. Lately, there have been quite a few riders from the UK as well. Someone in China might be familiar with that brand--in fact, there is a guy nicknamed 'humanbeing' here and on mychinamoto who seems to know many, many of the Chinese motorcycle industry insides (I believe he has done a lot of research as opposed to working for a company). We have had several UK riders join lately, as well as a few from the past, so someone here may know that bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #9

Hi Testimoninml from Swindon just up the road