Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #121

There she be!

Fits pretty well. I'd like the bottom to be a little tighter but the wrinkles should leave as the leather ages.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN

Old 12-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #122

sweet

Old 12-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #123

How would I rate the quality? Good. Definitely leather at all body contact points. Back fit very snugly. Bottom maybe a little loose. But, all in all, good. It actually matches the plastic trim pieces better than the old one, which I assume was somewhat faded and obviously dirty too. Lariat script is sewn in, whereas the old one was pressed in I think. No one will ever know the difference tho I bet. Next upgrade my Euro headlights and the door and finally the carpet.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #124

Now the rest of my seat looks shabby. I'm going to try some leather cleaner, dye, and conditioner later on and see if I can make it look better. No rips or tears, so don't want to change it out.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #125

Nice job!

Do you have heated seats? Any complications about that? Maybe careful use of a heat gun will remove the wrinkles; it works on vinyl.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Nice job!

Do you have heated seats? Any complications about that? Maybe careful use of a heat gun will remove the wrinkles; it works on vinyl.
No to the heated. I'll just let nature take its course. I'm sure the leather will relax as time goes on...
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #127

Thursday I installed emergency brake shoes, as I had noticed one had come loose when I did the original brake job. 13$ for the set.

Yesterday I spent changing the rear end and transfercase oil/fluid. I pulled the cover off the back and inspected everything. No signs of metal in the oil, so refilled with the recommended synthetic and the friction modifier, for posi.

Then, drained the t-case and refilled with recommended Mercon (not Mercon V, as that's for tranny only).

Then, finally, I went to the junk yard and removed a door, stripped it down and delivered it to their paint shop. They will paint the jam and then I will install, then they will paint/blend it to the rest of the truck. Still have to work on the dented part below the door.

Today I'm gonna drive the truck 200 miles to Eugene and back, and also, hopefully pick up a free Suzuki TC185 basket case! Christmas comes early

Update: drove the 200 miles well, no issues, and got my free TC185 basket case. Merry Christmas all!
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Last edited by Landsvw; 12-24-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #128

Drove to Eugene, had no issues! Then, yesterday, removed, cleaned and adjusted the throttlebody. Someone had messed with the butterfly valve set screw, so I realigned it best I could. It was idling a bit high I thought, so this may do it, or, may have to replace the tps. I'm assuming when original engine started to go south, somebody thought turning up the set screw was a good idea. Not supposed to mess with them, generally. But anyway, that's all I've done, besides drive it up to the snow line and shoot guns on Christmas Day. Tried out the 4x4 and that worked fine too.

Picked up a TC185 Suzuki from a nice guy that owns a brewery. Will be needing parts, so if anyone has a junker in the back yard, let me know. This one has a hole in the case, well, more than a hole, a giant crack and a hole where the chain broke and destroyed the left case. Also missing oil injection pump, and a few other odds and ends. I can get a case on eBay cheaply, but the oil pump and all the small parts are ridiculous in price.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
Drove to Eugene, had no issues! Then, yesterday, removed, cleaned and adjusted the throttlebody. Someone had messed with the butterfly valve set screw, so I realigned it best I could. It was idling a bit high I thought, so this may do it, or, may have to replace the tps. I'm assuming when original engine started to go south, somebody thought turning up the set screw was a good idea. Not supposed to mess with them, generally. But anyway, that's all I've done, besides drive it up to the snow line and shoot guns on Christmas Day. Tried out the 4x4 and that worked fine too.

Picked up a TC185 Suzuki from a nice guy that owns a brewery. Will be needing parts, so if anyone has a junker in the back yard, let me know. This one has a hole in the case, well, more than a hole, a giant crack and a hole where the chain broke and destroyed the left case. Also missing oil injection pump, and a few other odds and ends. I can get a case on eBay cheaply, but the oil pump and all the small parts are ridiculous in price.
for folks like me who have to look stuff up:

SUZUKI TC185 INFORMATION
Suzuki TC185
A very practical all terrain motorcycle from Suzuki when announced in 1975. The 183cc two-stroke gave 16hp @ 7000 rpm, and with a dual range 5-speed gearbox, made a useful farm bike, and was used as such particularly in North America and Australia.

Its lightweight, electric start and an incredible for that time 12000 mile 12 month warranty ensured sales for the TC125 Ranger, both with the recreational rider and those that bought for professional off-road use
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
for folks like me who have to look stuff up:

SUZUKI TC185 INFORMATION
Suzuki TC185
A very practical all terrain motorcycle from Suzuki when announced in 1975. The 183cc two-stroke gave 16hp @ 7000 rpm, and with a dual range 5-speed gearbox, made a useful farm bike, and was used as such particularly in North America and Australia.

Its lightweight, electric start and an incredible for that time 12000 mile 12 month warranty ensured sales for the TC125 Ranger, both with the recreational rider and those that bought for professional off-road use
This bike has the weirdest electrical system. A giant generator/electric starter combo on it. So, the windings start the bike then charge the battery when it's running. someone has removed the brushes, so I'll have to figure that out later on, but it's an interesting concept. The points are on the outer end of the generator. The side cover extends more than a normal motorcycle of its size. I had a tc125 back in the day that was normal, kick start, but was a very good bike.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #131

What year is the TC185? I miss my TS185 that I sold a couple years ago. I hope you find an injector, since you can't run without one. I would recommend www.suzukits.com, but it seems to have shut down. :(

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #132

Found it: http://suzukits.informe.com/portal.html

Old 12-29-2016, 12:14 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Thanks! The PO is digging around his shop, looking for the missing pieces. Said the bike was running before he disassembled. My case is on the way, and so, will slowly reassemble as the winter rolls on. It's either a 1974 or a 75.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #134

These are the things missing that I can find so far, but, the PO thinks he has most of them somewhere in his shop...

Oil injection pump and hoses and bolts and cover
Clutch rod
Fuel petcock and bolts
Chain guard and bolts
Battery box bolts
Regulator bolts and bracket?
Starter solenoid
Airbox and air filter assembly and bolts and boot
Oil tank cap (broken)
Tool holder and bolts
Carb needle hold down item (under spring)
Ignition switch bracket
Generator brushes
Fuel Tank strap
Drive chain and link
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
Thanks! The PO is digging around his shop, looking for the missing pieces. Said the bike was running before he disassembled. My case is on the way, and so, will slowly reassemble as the winter rolls on. It's either a 1974 or a 75.
You're welcome. I'm Weldangrind on that forum as well, although I'm not there often.