Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #121

I found out that my boss is so PO'd about how this is being handled that he hasn't even started looking for a place down there yet.

Quotes from Old Weird Harold,

"Welcome to Al and Marlene Shit Show" (These are the two in charge of the move)

"If you offer an opinion to either of those two, it's like, why should we listen to you."

"You know, they haven't even hired anyone for HR yet. I guess they'll wait until they get a letter from a new hires' lawyer."

"Mike, I'm liking your idea of early retirement. If we go at the same time, the place would probably grind to a halt. Jason would probably follow us out the door, too."

"You know, if we were to retire together, we could offer them our services as consultants and make a shit ton more money."

Five more days.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
Just as the comic says, "That's some funny sh*t right there".

a side note-Air Brake here in Watertown just announced the loss of 40 jobs going to....wait for it....S.C.
We use a lot of their stuff.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I found out that my boss is so PO'd about how this is being handled that he hasn't even started looking for a place down there yet.

Quotes from Old Weird Harold,

"Welcome to Al and Marlene Shit Show" (These are the two in charge of the move)

"If you offer an opinion to either of those two, it's like, why should we listen to you."

"You know, they haven't even hired anyone for HR yet. I guess they'll wait until they get a letter from a new hires' lawyer."

"Mike, I'm liking your idea of early retirement. If we go at the same time, the place would probably grind to a halt. Jason would probably follow us out the door, too."

"You know, if we were to retire together, we could offer them our services as consultants and make a shit ton more money."

Five more days.

Is your boss in an way responsible for handling this move, or is he just the man in the middle handing down responsibilities from management? I helped manage and move three business in my life. One of those I was the monkey at the end of the line. The other two I was the man in the middle passing down the work load and it was extremely frustrating and stressful. Early retirement and consulting wasn't an option for me back then but would deffinately been a consideration if it would have been.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Was it a WABCO plant? I worked for WABCO in Duncan, SC many years ago. I wonder if they would be moving their business down here to consolidate?
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...rtown-20170817

Old 08-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #125

Quote:
Is your boss in an way responsible for handling this move, or is he just the man in the middle handing down responsibilities from management? I helped manage and move three business in my life. One of those I was the monkey at the end of the line. The other two I was the man in the middle passing down the work load and it was extremely frustrating and stressful. Early retirement and consulting wasn't an option for me back then but would deffinately been a consideration if it would have been.
The original plan, that my boss was part of, was to find a place for manufacturing and make Service/Repair a separate entity right where we are. When that was changed and the decision was made to close this place, my boss had his legs cut out from under him and no longer has a say in anything about it. So, he's sort of bitter.

Another Old Weird Harold quote,

"I know more about what's going on than you do, but not enough."

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #126

That sucks. He was knocked back to man in the middle when he knows more than the man at the top.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #127

Quote:
That sucks. He was knocked back to man in the middle when he knows more than the man at the top.
'zactly!

I've been cleaning out my office today. Amazing how much junk gets squirreled away and forgotten about over twenty years.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #128

I hope you get paid extra for bringing in your inverter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #129

Last four days. Movers showed up today to see what was what. After 15 minutes of listening to Marlene, the head guy said he'd rather speak with the guys that actually know how move the stuff.

He and I spent a half hour or so going through what was going, what was staying, and what was scrap. When now have a plan, which is what we didn't have a week ago.

My boss was smart and went on vacation. (prick)

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-31-2017, 08:44 AM   #130

Last day today for those asked to stay the extra month.

The warehouse is about 85% empty. Starting to empty the shop today. There will only be three of us in the building tomorrow, not counting the movers.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #131

Will the service / calibration facility that you're running be in the same building, or are you moving somewhere smaller?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #132

When y'all get moved, I'm looking for some part time work. I'm a damn good broom operator.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Will the service / calibration facility that you're running be in the same building, or are you moving somewhere smaller?
Weld-That is being moved to SC, too. Yay, and I mean it. I'll have to train the new person, then I wash my hands of it. As far as the current building goes, I may be based out of it until it's sold. With about a dozen other places on the street up for sale or lease, I may be here for awhile.

My patience has been wearing thin with management on how bad this cluster has been run. We are six weeks behind schedule because of piss poor planning. Or no planning. It's starting to have the scent that it was wishful thinking all along and there really was no plan.

Irma didn't help, either. We had to stop shipping last Thursday and had a half dozen trucks stopped in Georgia. We might start shipping again tomorrow afternoon. The only plus to this was that the movers and I got everything staged to be shipped. Too bad we only have one fork truck. I do have five 10T cranes, though.

Last week, I was told to ship down all my lifting slings so that equipment arriving in SC could be unloaded. Ummm, how the hell am I to continue loading equipment if I send you my stuff. This week, they want the banding equipment that I'm still using. I got the entire management staff down there on a conference call. I had to tell them to stop looking at price and weigh overall cost. A sling from me is free, but is about $100 to overnight it. For that hundred bucks, you could get four new slings from Mcmaster, get change back, and get it faster. I told the new PA that we in Elgin shouldn't have to do his job. Big Al went to defend the guy and I ended up ripping into him and let go with both barrels on the rest of the team at the same time. When I finally slowed down to take a breath, Al was getting ready to shoot back. But, Marlene(she of Service Maggot fame)jumped in and took up where I left off. I have to admit that that surprised me to have her defend me. The two of us have been busting our asses to get our end ready while still trying to run a business and wondering why nothing is getting done in SC. Harold just sits there with a deer in the headlights stare.

Jason was there for the call and just sat in the back and watched. He called later and told me that the French owners were staring at Al when I let loose and very quiet when they left. Wonder what can of worms I opened now?

I actually get to be out of the building for a few hours tomorrow.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #134

You have stirred up a shit storm as big as hurricane Irma

Your retirement may come soon if you could be so lucky
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #135

I stirred up something. Kind of like that pinata in the wild.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800