Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #121

But we like wrench/post, gets the ideas and suggestions out there... I agree with you on the wrenching part, it is nice to have something that you can wrench on and improve, most new cars and motorcycles are pretty much limited to changing oil.

The 110's are a hoot! My sons also runs like a top out of the crate. Only had to set the idle down a hair. I pulled the plug on it and it was nice and tan... Lol, not like my Beast. It is a blast to ride with the auto and low center of gravity, but I look like a Shriner on it. I'm only 5'9" but my legs are a wee bit too long for it. My son just loves it though cept his thumb gets sore when he rides it. You would think for all the video games he plays he would have Hulk thumbs but I guess he is still only 8...

Regards,
Stew

P.S. Big battery winds it over pretty fast eh?

Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #122

Yes the battb is nice and guess where the old one is going to go?

The mini should be real blast like you say. I'm looking forward to it but I will have ride it constantly for the first few weeks....test and tune eh

Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #123

Lol, I'm guessing the old one is going back to the store for a core refund? Hopefully that is where mine is going if my battery prob is solved

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #124

I'm sure I can find an old lawn tractor batt to return for core. I'm going to keep the brand new one from the mini and put the original beast 9AH in the thing. That way I still "have" the original beast one plus a brand new mini batt

Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #125

The battery from the mini is tiny, i don't think you'll get the beast battery in there, the mini atv is very, very small, my 6 year old son is about perfect size for it.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
The mini should be real blast like you say. I'm looking forward to it but I will have ride it constantly for the first few weeks....test and tune eh
You might need a lady friend to come by and give your legs a rubdown after, you'll be sore.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
You might need a lady friend to come by and give your legs a rubdown after, you'll be sore.
Last time I did that it cost me $450.00

Not much today, busy with other stuff. just upgraded fuel line with stuff sold for sleds, upgraded the fuel filter, added the petcock (behind/beside solenoid) washed & waxed it.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Ordered one of these new 2010 110's tonight...should be fun
Hi Pete,

Out of curiousity, why'd you order the 110?

-T
It occurred to me that I may have misinterpeted your question, and if not, well nothing lost......

I ordered that particular one because it is a 2010 new body style (for a 110), it has what appears to be a thicker seat than the mini beast or mini hummer, may or may not be an updated engine design (I know, doubtful), the dimensions appear to be about an inch bigger (but that may be conversion error on thier part) and also because it is billed as a CVT tranny.

Now, I know the mini hummer and beast are semi auto and this one may be exactly the same and they got the advertising wrong, or, maybe it is somewhat like a Polaris and does have a true CVT.

maybe its EXACTLY like a mini beast with a new skin, I dunno.

i saw them first come up for auction a few days ago and missed one for 136 bucks....they seem to go for almost the same as a mini hummer or beast now unfortunatly..maybe 20 bucks less or something.

Anyway, the young son wanted this one as well and its primarily gonna be used to bomb around the property and he can ride it to his buddies houses..if 5.0 does ever nab him, better to lose this than a 150R....

Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #129

And Karma rears its ugly head and bites me in the ass.

Tip: Dont remove your seat, place it on the rear rack storage box, and start the bike. It may fall off.

If it falls off, it may just land......wait for it........directly on the metal tongue.....then the metal tongue may snap off with a perfect rectangle of plastic about 1.5" X 2". BONUS...it still has the 2 nuts and bolts attached to it!!! What could be better?!!

I couldnt cut the damn thing out better with a Dremel if I tried. Perfect break.

I gotta go think about this....

Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #130

The new 110cc is the 50cc of late, i guess the 50cc has been discontiuned, i wonder if that is due to the crap about kids and bikes/atv's in the US, my guess is it's exactly the same but with the 110cc instead of the 50cc engine. The mini hummer and mini beast are not semi auto, they are CVT, the only 110cc semi-auto ATV that gio sells is the T1 Rebel, have a look on the SPECS tab at GIO, the mini hummer and mini beast both say CVT, and the new body style is new for a 110cc, but by the pics it's exactly the same as my son's 50cc from last year.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
The new 110cc is the 50cc of late, i guess the 50cc has been discontiuned, i wonder if that is due to the crap about kids and bikes/atv's in the US, my guess is it's exactly the same but with the 110cc instead of the 50cc engine. The mini hummer and mini beast are not semi auto, they are CVT, the only 110cc semi-auto ATV that gio sells is the T1 Rebel, have a look on the SPECS tab at GIO, the mini hummer and mini beast both say CVT, and the new body style is new for a 110cc, but by the pics it's exactly the same as my son's 50cc from last year.
The descriptions have been changed. They must have been changed last week. Mini Hummer was never billed as a "hunters tool". I will check this with John. They used to say semi auto and i'll go grab a Google cache to both prove it and convince myself Im not going crazy

I thought the 50cc was a smaller frame than the 110's? To be honest with you though, i never read up on the 50's, but I did notice the similarities in body style. The specs say its slightly larger than the mini beast. Is your 50cc larger (even slightly) than the mini hummers and beasts?

I'm still looking forward to getting it though
EDIT: A google cache of the 50cc description is identical to the new 110 version, so as you say, it looks like the same bike except with a 110.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #132

Since i only have a T1 rebel here to compare it too i can't say for sure, but since the 110cc engine is almost the identical size of the 50cc engine my bet is it's last year's 50cc with the 110 in it since when i was searching other china made bikes i found a quad the exact same as my son's 50cc but they were selling it with a 110cc engine, so my guess is it's smaller than the mini beast and mini hummer.
As for the specs at GIO they all look the same on the mini hummer and mini beast as they did when i first ventured to giobikes 6 months ago, the only difference i see on the new 110's is it's the same specs as the 50cc was only the new 2010 wording.

And back to the beast, can't wait for my UNI filter to show up on tuesday, i wanna go riding again, everything on my beast has been good so far, after 3 rides the chain still hasn't streched at all, i do use the engine shipping oil as chain lube as in my microsprint racing days i found normal motor oil to be the best lube for roller chain. I mounted the case and as you said it fits loosely, i installed some 1/2" pipe insulation on the rack bars to make it tighter which works well but those bolt on clamps just don't get tight so the clips don't hold very good, i think i'll bend up some .020" aluminum to slip under those clamps so they will get tight. Still waiting on the winch though.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #133

hi

Just want to say hello and thx for all the info. Been reading for a couple of weeks and could echo what PCD said about a month ago. I am in the same spot now. Have a Beast due to arrive this week. Got the extra front shocks, carb and cdi. Already bought and rec'd the winch for my sons Honda and it looks very well built.

Anyway, reading this forum gave me the confidence to buy when all my boys (3) said I was some kinda nut to buy crap like this. I'll have them eating their words 2 weeks from now. Thanks for all the help so far.

waynec

Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #134

Ouch! Sorry about the seat PCD, sounds like something similar to how the bread always lands peanut butter side down on the carpet... Don't know if he has any up right now, but I have seen seats on the GIO auction site, bids were dirt cheap too! Maybe it can be epoxied/glue gunned for a temp fix till you can get a new one? Well, at least I'm not the only one that weird crap like that happens too...

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #135

Re: hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Just want to say hello and thx for all the info. Been reading for a couple of weeks and could echo what PCD said about a month ago. I am in the same spot now. Have a Beast due to arrive this week. Got the extra front shocks, carb and cdi. Already bought and rec'd the winch for my sons Honda and it looks very well built.

Anyway, reading this forum gave me the confidence to buy when all my boys (3) said I was some kinda nut to buy crap like this. I'll have them eating their words 2 weeks from now. Thanks for all the help so far.

waynec
Hey man, welcome! A month or so ago someone told me about these China quads....I immediatly laughed and made derisive comments to the dude....later on I started researching and found this site also....So I went back to him a week later and apologized because I was talking out my ass...they are an excellent value if you dont mind wrenching. Thats the long and short of it.

Any questions (and congratulations by the way)! Just post em up..cant be any worse than mine LoL

Quote:
Ouch! Sorry about the seat PCD, sounds like something similar to how the bread always lands peanut butter side down on the carpet... Don't know if he has any up right now, but I have seen seats on the GIO auction site, bids were dirt cheap too! Maybe it can be epoxied/glue gunned for a temp fix till you can get a new one? Well, at least I'm not the only one that weird crap like that happens too...
Regards,
Stew
I fixed the bugger....fitted the broken plastic back in...hogged out the foam under that particular area....got a 1" X 3" piece of aluminium strapping....slid it underneath....gingerly drilled it out...re installed the metal tongue (everything is held together by nothing at this point)....then fiberglassed the living daylights out of it. I mean, seriously. 4 strips crossways as bracing.....big ass swath lenghtways over top of that.....filled the gouged foam underside area with an ounce or so of resin....then after that cured....glassed over top of the metal tonuge again...I'd take pics but its really rough....must let it cure a day or two, sand it up...paint...than the bike can explode and that part of the seat will still be intact

Ok fine...looks like crap but come on..its drying.

WAYNEV...you have a T1?

Are you a GIO dealer by any chance? I do see a lot of auctions with WAYNEV but I guess it could be coincidence.