Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #1

yeah forklift, imma line it before i ever even put it on the bike, and paint it too, i got a theme i am working on for it, just gotta get it all worked out. well let you know more as i get it done

Old 11-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #2

Is it legal in FL?

I am looking at buying the 200cc scorpion chopper from tomaliscooters.com. They are selling it the cheapest I've found, and free shipping. I just don't know about the whole "email them the VIN, and they'll send you the MCO." Why don't they just send the MCO with it? I just want to know if I can register it as a street legal motorcycle in FL, and what do I need to do to make it street legal? I test rode one in VA. It was awesome, but the guy never registered it. Who is the manufacture?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #3

Re: Is it legal in FL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedog74
I am looking at buying the 200cc scorpion chopper from tomaliscooters.com. They are selling it the cheapest I've found, and free shipping. I just don't know about the whole "email them the VIN, and they'll send you the MCO." Why don't they just send the MCO with it? I just want to know if I can register it as a street legal motorcycle in FL, and what do I need to do to make it street legal? I test rode one in VA. It was awesome, but the guy never registered it. Who is the manufacture?
Internet buys have always been a gamble. Especialy for a chinabike.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #4

Re: Is it legal in FL?

Quote:
That is the 4 speed model with 13 hp. The 5 speed model has 16 hp and goes faster. Keep looking, you can pickup a 5 speed for the same price with the MCO included. Aside from the MCO you need a taillight and a license plate bracket, which may or may not be included.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #5

neccessary part replacements?

OK, when I get the 200cc chopper, what stock parts do i need to replace?
I have to assemble it when I get it, so I want to do it right. So far, I know the chains are garbage, the bearing packing is crap, and the tank needs to be lined. Anything else neccessary to replace right off the bat, to avoid a breakdown? The speedo and lights aren't an issue here. The max speed in Key West is 35 mph and I only ride in the day time. I just want it to be dependable. There is a 3 mile stretch (on the way to work) that is 55 mph. Which is why the 200cc is perfect.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #6

Re: neccessary part replacements?

I have the 5 speed model, and i have not replaced a single part aside from the chain i have only tightened bolts on the whole bike, made sure they were torqued down and drove it, still running stock chain and jackshaft, and got nearly 400 miles out of it before i put it up on blocks today in the barn, tank emptied and carbs winterized. even stock there is no match for the value of this lil bike. but it is made in china, so it isn't something you can neglect.

Quote:
OK, when I get the 200cc chopper, what stock parts do i need to replace?
I have to assemble it when I get it, so I want to do it right. So far, I know the chains are garbage, the bearing packing is crap, and the tank needs to be lined. Anything else neccessary to replace right off the bat, to avoid a breakdown? The speedo and lights aren't an issue here. The max speed in Key West is 35 mph and I only ride in the day time. I just want it to be dependable. There is a 3 mile stretch (on the way to work) that is 55 mph. Which is why the 200cc is perfect.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #7

You may not want to store it with the tank empty. Condensation will promote rust.

Allen

Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
You may not want to store it with the tank empty. Condensation will promote rust.

Allen
O appreciate the advice, but that tank is junk, got a new one coming in any day now and it will be lined before it is even installed. tank fenders are all off the bike, buddy is gonna fiberglass and carbon fiber them for me. get rid of the open spot on the rear fender too. got a lot planned for this thing before spring

Old 11-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #9

Do any of these lil choppers come as a softtail??

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #10

A great guy to contact may be Josh at Old school Hardknock.
He also is (I believe still) a dealer for your chopper. Contact
him at 1-877-7-bobber.Tell him bobberjohn gave you the number,
it may go a long way if he still has access to parts if he's still
dealing with 'em. I was told by another that the Lifan engine is
based on a Yamaha, seeing how the ones he carries has the
twin exhaust port head.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #11

Better yet, go to his website at www.mobstylechoppers.com.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-John
Quote:

Allen
O appreciate the advice, but that tank is junk, got a new one coming in any day now and it will be lined before it is even installed. tank fenders are all off the bike, buddy is gonna fiberglass and carbon fiber them for me. get rid of the open spot on the rear fender too. got a lot planned for this thing before spring
You might want to check out por-15 to coat that tank insead of kreem. I've heard good thinks about por-15.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-John
Quote:

Allen
You might want to check out por-15 to coat that tank insead of kreem. I've heard good thinks about por-15.
I use Kreem, but I have never heard of por-15. Probly the same stuff.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #14

POR-15 is better. Different product. The kreem will peel off eventually, but the POR-15 I believe etches to the metal tank.

Allen

Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #15

Quote:
POR-15 is better. Different product. The kreem will peel off eventually, but the POR-15 I believe etches to the metal tank.

Allen
Exactly.
If you use stabilizer, the wood alcohol will eat kreem. Ruined in 1 off season. The por-15 (from what I've heard) doesn't look like a coating when done, like Kreem does. They say por-15 looks like metal, and lasts longer than kreem. Just tryen to help, I'm no pro, use at your own risk, the management makes no claim as to the effectiveness of any products mentioned on this station.