Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2016, 10:14 PM   #121

https://sites.google.com/site/motocheez/

I know it's a Hawk.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:59 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
I want to order an assortment of jets. The carb is a Keihin. On the side of it is the letters "PD" on top of the inlet (air filter side) there is 'PZ30" on it. So do I get jets for a Keihin PD or PZ30? any help is as always MUCHO appreciated!
These seem to work. A will also buy another set for the less than 100 ones. I have same carb. Just get the Dremel and make a flat head notch in the screws and bowel comes right off. These are main jets. Jewelers touch even pressure when backing g them out the first time. Make sure you get that notch centered on those screws too.

10pcs Carburetor Main Jet kit for PWK Keihin OKO CVK 100 105 108 110 115……140

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252192096426...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-19-2016, 06:40 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
What would I do if I still had a PZ or Keihin? Unless someone can come up with some numbers here, I'd take out your main and pilot, write down what size they are and take pics of them. Then go to Jets-r-us and start shopping to make sure you order the correct jets.
I would also suggest the advice you always give everybody 2LZ--break the engine in for 500 miles since the personality changes so much. Once he knows the feel of the broken-in engine, that is when he should mess with the carb, IMO. Yes, we know how opinions and a part of one's anatomy are alike, but I do see what you always mention about how these bike's personalities change once the bike wakes up being very relevant.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would also suggest the advice you always give everybody 2LZ--break the engine in for 500 miles since the personality changes so much. Once he knows the feel of the broken-in engine, that is when he should mess with the carb, IMO. Yes, we know how opinions and a part of one's anatomy are alike, but I do see what you always mention about how these bike's personalities change once the bike wakes up being very relevant.
Oh for sure! I'm not going to do a thing to the engine until its broke in. I'm just gathering up goodies is all.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #125

Hey guys, Do I need to get the ebay pipe with the Spark Arrestor? I see that titanium color pipe is a few buck cheaper than the other one that says spark arrestor in the title. And what color do you guys think would look good on the Brozzy, since my chome muffler heat shield will be no more.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #126

Quote:
Hey guys, Do I need to get the ebay pipe with the Spark Arrestor? I see that titanium color pipe is a few buck cheaper than the other one that says spark arrestor in the title. And what color do you guys think would look good on the Brozzy, since my chome muffler heat shield will be no more.
It depends on how strict your state is. It is always good idea run one though. It's mess cup that is held in place by the stinger on the end of the muffler. The red one doesn't match my red plastics but it still looks good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (91.9 KB, 246 views)

Old 12-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #127

Thanks Hertz, and that JT Chain (that you posted a pic of) is it an O ring chain? It doesn't say so in the description on Amazon so I guess not. I'm thinking I will need one. As its sandy dirt roads around here miles and I love riding em. Oh and what is the part number for that MSR shifter? Not sure if I will get one as the shifter on there is pretty long already, but that MSR shifter looks great!

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
yeah these bikes are silly fun for the money. My maiden voyage on my hawk yielded the same disbelief. How can something that cost under 2k be so good. In fact mine was $1,200.

I think I want a Brozz now too. I have no more space for toys.
Its funny you say that Pistolclass! BECAUSE, for some unknown reason today I have been thinking I NEED a HAWK

Old 12-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #129

Quote:
Thanks Hertz, and that JT Chain (that you posted a pic of) is it an O ring chain? It doesn't say so in the description on Amazon so I guess not. I'm thinking I will need one. As its sandy dirt roads around here miles and I love riding em. Oh and what is the part number for that MSR shifter? Not sure if I will get one as the shifter on there is pretty long already, but that MSR shifter looks great!
https://smile.amazon.com/Folding-Shi...rds=msr+070709

It's 709 not the 758 that some people bought. I liked the 758 but it's to big for the shaft. The JT chain is a 428 HD and non O ring. I keep it clean, lubed and adjusted. The place I ride is the Kimball Bottoms/Dessert because it is right next to the Missouri River and it has plenty of sand.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01ACMH8...=ILT6ZAOUEKPDQ

That is what quite a few China riders buy and if you look at what other customers view you will see that we have infested Amazon.

I also use Amazon Smile and because I get a small donation for the Central Dakota Humane Society when I purchase something.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #130

Quote:
I spent a little more on the pipe that said it had a spark arrestor screen....which it did...but then I saw others here who got the slightly less expensive one that also had the same screen. Dice roll. I needed to make sure it had one due to CA, and USFS requirements.

As hertz suggested, I've now replaced all my chains with Unibear. I was so sold on the smoothness, quiet and quality of the one I put on Mrs 2LZ TT, the rest of my rolling stock needed them. I got the non-o-ring just out of lifetime habit. No regrets. Smooth, quiet and strong. I've yet to adjust the one on the TT250 after initial set, not that it gets ridden hard.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I spent a little more on the pipe that said it had a spark arrestor screen....which it did...but then I saw others here who got the slightly less expensive one that also had the same screen. Dice roll. I needed to make sure it had one due to CA, and USFS requirements.

As hertz suggested, I've now replaced all my chains with Unibear. I was so sold on the smoothness, quiet and quality of the one I put on Mrs 2LZ TT, the rest of my rolling stock needed them. I got the non-o-ring just out of lifetime habit. No regrets. Smooth, quiet and strong. I've yet to adjust the one on the TT250 after initial set, not that it gets ridden hard.
Ebay exhaust ordered (aluminum color) also ordered the main jets. I haven't ordered a chain yet. I want to count the links on the stocker. And I'm not entirely sure I'm going to change the stock 17/46 gearing. I may just slap a new chain on it. So you guys think the non oring Unibear will last me a good while on these sandy dirt roads?

Old 12-20-2016, 12:38 AM   #132

Quote:
Ebay exhaust ordered (aluminum color) also ordered the main jets. I haven't ordered a chain yet. I want to count the links on the stocker. And I'm not entirely sure I'm going to change the stock 17/46 gearing. I may just slap a new chain on it. So you guys think the non oring Unibear will last me a good while on these sandy dirt roads?
I didnt know unibear made a non oring chain?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I didnt know unibear made a non oring chain
Yes, Uni-Bear is non o-ring chain. But it is a quality pre-stretched chain that many people have bought for their Hawks, and I haven't heard any complaints. The problem with the Hawk is that the original chain is of low quality. The Uni-Bear is light years better than what came on the bike.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #134

I've only run one o-ring chain and it was on a show Harley we built for the Easy Rider show. We went o-ring to avoid the need for lube so it wouldn't mung up the rear rim. Other than that, I've always just run a standard chain.

This is the one I put on the TT250 running a 17/47. Didn't need to cut it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #135

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I'm going to change the stock 17/46 gearing.
That is the ULTIMATE match of sprockets, as far as commuting goes. That being said, I am not sure what your other intentions are for the bike, so keep a feeler out when you start going off-road. I was very surprised at some of the Hawk owners happy with their stock gearing, but those members were planning to ride on some pretty rough dirt roads. My mind goes right to 'commuter' so seeing the Brozz comes with the 17/46 makes me want to run out to buy a new one. My only hesitation is a sub-$1k TMEC 200 new in the box with the only issue--no wheels or tires since they were sold off that unit (I already have a TMEC which I was parting out meaning I already have the wheels).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard