Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2016, 10:48 PM   #106

Is that canister on the head pipe a Cat? I'm going to have to order one of these exhausts and see if it will fit the Brozz.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Is that canister on the head pipe a Cat? I'm going to have to order one of these exhausts and see if it will fit the Brozz.

At 2:57 MotoCheez pushes a rod through the header pipe. It's empty.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #108

Quote:
At 2:57 MotoCheez pushes a rod through the header pipe. It's empty
COOL! It's just there to look the part. It sucks he had to bend it so much. Was yours that close to the air box? If mine turns out that close a minor modification to the air box with happen captain. I have to do it though, the poor motor on my bike is choked to death. Plus the bike is too quiet, I was keeping the rhythm today listening to the rocker arms. Can't hardly hear the exhaust lol. I'm going to remove that air line or whatever it is coming off the right side of the head and the rest of that crap. I'll have my machinist friend fab me up a nice block off plate for it. Anyone else remove that stuff?

Old 12-15-2016, 11:50 PM   #109

Quote:
COOL! It's just there to look the part. It sucks he had to bend it so much. Was yours that close to the air box? If mine turns out that close a minor modification to the air box with happen captain. I have to do it though, the poor motor on my bike is choked to death. Plus the bike is too quiet, I was keeping the rhythm today listening to the rocker arms. Can't hardly hear the exhaust lol. I'm going to remove that air line or whatever it is coming off the right side of the head and the rest of that crap. I'll have my machinist friend fab me up a nice block off plate for it. Anyone else remove that stuff?
Not many people have the bike you bought. You should search for the Storm on this site. Some of us used a plate to hook up the muffler.

I can't remember that guy's username here but that picture was taken from his video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust.JPG (54.2 KB, 143 views)

Old 12-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #110

Quote:
Not many people have the bike you bought. You should search for the Storm on this site.
This is true. I'm just using Hawk info for my bike. Close as I can tell they are pretty close. The frames even look the same to me. Yeah I knew I was going against the grain with the Bashan, but I couldn't resist LOL. Good tip on the Storm.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #111

Hawk, TT250, Brozz, all very similar.....and we all run most of the same mods. Being in the hills, the Mrs. loves the 17/47 gearing. Still has some low end for trail riding but will sustain 60+ mph all day without a hitch.

Here's the build thread. Lots of good info, though long..

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...hlight=phoenix

I'm glad to see you finally got 'er out!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #112

So awesome that you got out for a rip, Letsride! I'd love to be riding right now, but Mother Nature has other ideas.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #113

http://www.chinariders.net/member.php?u=29499

That's the guy with the orange Hawk.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #114

SC has some weird weather going on today its 81 degrees out there, SO YA KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!! I went for another 25 mile ride today, have I mentioned how much I love this thing!! Anyway, when I got back I changed the oil again. While it was draining I checked the front sprocket. Its sporting a 17 toother and the rear is NOT a 49 its a 46. So I may just drop the rear down to a 42 or 43 and call it good, whattaya think? Also after the ride today my swing arm is squeeky. I guess just greasing the swing arm bolt isn't good enough. So I guess I'll have to remove the thing and drill and tap it for some grease fittings.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #115

I'm so jealous right now. I've been stuck in Florida since Wednesday, and won't be headed back to Atlanta until Wednesday. I should have sent you some picture from when I landed in Charleston, but didn't think about it. The weather down here in Florida has been perfect for riding, and the hotel I have my team staying at is on one of the main drags in Clearwater. We see bikes going up and down the street all day, and we're stuck in a shop truck puttering along. Hopefully after the Tuscaloosa job next week I'll have some nice weather in Atlanta, and no out of town travel for a few weeks. Then I can get caught up with my riding. Letsride, I'm really excited for you that you got the bike you wanted, and that you've been able to ride it some more. Did you see anything odd/out of place during your most recent oil change? I plan to roll the 500 mile mark on the Hawk when I get back over the weekend, and I'll be making a magnetic drain plug when I change the oil at that time. Other than that, I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and New Year's!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #116

Quote:
SC has some weird weather going on today its 81 degrees out there, SO YA KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!! I went for another 25 mile ride today, have I mentioned how much I love this thing!! Anyway, when I got back I changed the oil again. While it was draining I checked the front sprocket. Its sporting a 17 toother and the rear is NOT a 49 its a 46. So I may just drop the rear down to a 42 or 43 and call it good, whattaya think? Also after the ride today my swing arm is squeeky. I guess just greasing the swing arm bolt isn't good enough. So I guess I'll have to remove the thing and drill and tap it for some grease fittings.
Check the side bushings/washers on the swingarm. That could be causing the squeaking. if the bolt is too tight without enough grease, that will cause it. It could also be the rubber mounts for the shock. Same principle: too tight of a bolt with not enough grease on the bolt/washers.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'm so jealous right now. I've been stuck in Florida since Wednesday, and won't be headed back to Atlanta until Wednesday. I should have sent you some picture from when I landed in Charleston, but didn't think about it. The weather down here in Florida has been perfect for riding, and the hotel I have my team staying at is on one of the main drags in Clearwater. We see bikes going up and down the street all day, and we're stuck in a shop truck puttering along. Hopefully after the Tuscaloosa job next week I'll have some nice weather in Atlanta, and no out of town travel for a few weeks. Then I can get caught up with my riding. Letsride, I'm really excited for you that you got the bike you wanted, and that you've been able to ride it some more. Did you see anything odd/out of place during your most recent oil change? I plan to roll the 500 mile mark on the Hawk when I get back over the weekend, and I'll be making a magnetic drain plug when I change the oil at that time. Other than that, I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and New Year's!
I had to go out for another 20 miler right at sundown to check the lights out. They work great! That digital gauge is SO easy to see and well illuminated. The LED turn signals are very bright. I need an LED bulb for the tail / brake light. But the lighting on the bike makes me happy happy happy. I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary for a 50ish mile oil change. I did see a few very tiny metal shavings in the oil screen. She feels like she is loosening up a bit. I still haven't taken it past 6k rpm and its only been to 6k once. I'll let her break in a little while longer before I do any WOT run. And ya know I may NOT change the sprocket. With the 17 / 46 set up on it, is 6k rpms at 55 mph a bad thing? And how much would a 42 tooth rear drop it? I also found the squeek its coming from the top of the rear shock. So I'll take that sucker out in the morning and grease it up too. If anyone is on the fence about a BROZZ don't be just DO IT! Awesome bike for 1500 smackers. We will see how she holds up and I plan to ride it till the wheels fall off. And I'll put em back on and go some more!! Merry Christmas to all of my CB Brethren!! I hope your day is filled with love and Joy!!

Last edited by letsride; 12-18-2016 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added content

Old 12-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #118

Quote:
I had to go out for another 20 miler right at sundown to check the lights out. They work great! That digital gauge is SO easy to see and well illuminated. The LED turn signals are very bright. I need an LED bulb for the tail / brake light. But the lighting on the bike make me happy happy happy. I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary for a 50ish mile oil change. I did see a few very tiny metal shavings in the oil screen. She feels like she is loosening up a bit. I still have taken it past 6k rpm and its only been to 6k once. I'll let her break in a little while longer before I do any WOT run. And ya know I may NOT change the sprocket. With the 17 / 46 set up on it, is 6k rpms at 55 mph a bad thing? And how much would a 42 tooth rear drop it? I also found the squeek its coming from the top of the rear shock. So I'll take that sucker out in the morning and grease it up too. If anyone is on the fence about a BROZZ don't be just DO IT! Awesome bike for 1500 smackers. We will see how she holds up and I plan to ride it till the wheels fall off. And I'll put em back on and go some more!! Merry Christmas to all of my CB Brethren!! I hope your day is filled with love and Joy!!
Merry Christmas to you and Iam glad your liking your Brozz I think its the best of class.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #119

Jets

I want to order an assortment of jets. The carb is a Keihin. On the side of it is the letters "PD" on top of the inlet (air filter side) there is 'PZ30" on it. So do I get jets for a Keihin PD or PZ30? any help is as always MUCHO appreciated!

Old 12-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #120

What would I do if I still had a PZ or Keihin? Unless someone can come up with some numbers here, I'd take out your main and pilot, write down what size they are and take pics of them. Then go to Jets-r-us and start shopping to make sure you order the correct jets.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350