Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #106

Yeah I was going to call in the morning. I hope that's what happened.

He didn't seem interested in checking the catalog, and if I wanted the snowmobile fuel line like you have I would have had to order quite a large quantity of it. He suggested 3d, so I'll try them tomorrow.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #107

Were they busy? Ed is usually more accomodating.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #108

Nope, but it was lunch time... The only fuel line he had was quite thick, definitely far more heavy duty then I require.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #109

I called back today, no he didn't order it, even though I gave him the part number and he found it on the computer and I asked him to order :roll: I asked him if he could order it now and he told me he needed to know the size but I insisted he use the part number. We'll see how it goes. He said he'll call back.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #110

I'm glad that 'helpful' clerk didn't go to medical school.... :roll:

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #111

I don't I just have bad luck, he's probably regularly pretty good.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #112

He didn't call back, but I called him back and got him to order it. Now he says it's about $30 I think, more along the lines of what I expected then what I heard the first time. So hopefully it will be in on Tues as well.

3D cycle also had no fuel valve, he suggested I try wakefield on s fraser. Otherwise I'll go get the one we can piece together from Lordco.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #113

I would be pleased to go in and ask Ed on your behalf if you like. I know they can get what you want for a decent price.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #114

It doesn't matter, he maybe could try but he just told me to try 3d. Maybe he was trying to save me the wait time on having to order it in, I'm not sure. I'm getting my air filter and bushings, and I got some fuel line and a filter, I just need to grab a valve somewhere. I can get what I need at lordco it just takes up a bit more space.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #115

I picked up my bushings and uni filter from Clearbrook Yamaha. I got a fuel valve from I think it's called diamond bar equipment, that lawn mower and tractor shop across from Aldergrove Auto Sales on Fraser Hwy. I think it's the same one you have, $16.

Yesterday was organizing day at my parents place, juggling parts and projects between the shop barn and garage... I seem to have won, my quad, my pickup, and my honda are all in the shop The gator ended up in the barn and the met and impala got into the garage. It makes for a lot more room for everything.

We did a bit of work on the beast today (only a bit, earlier in the day was spent help moving for family). I had started the bushings with a socket and sledge hammer, and managed to knock the inner tube and rubber out. Today my dad helped out, and with the aid of the air chisel we got the outer tube out. The new bushings are now in the freezer awaiting my return.

With the aid of Weld&Grinds relevant topic (stickied), I took the rear axle apart and knocked out the seals and bearings. They were impossible to turn by hand.

That's as far as we got today, the bushings coming out was our victory, anything beyond that was a bonus. Next time I'll clean up the axle housing and install the new bearings and seals, reassemble the axle, and put in the new bushings. Then it will be time to sort out the swing arm. I have no axle/chain adjusters, and it is also missing the bottom chain guard piece. I may or may not stick something under there.

I also have a new set of shocks coming on Monday, as mine would not hold pressure (still, over a year later from when the problems were first made apparent), but I think John was going to toss a clutch lever in the box for me, so that's a bonus.

I have the new fuel line, valve, and filter I can install too, as well as the new carb and uni filter. All I need is the jets. 3D did not have the main in stock I believe and Clearbrook told me to come back with the jets to compare rather then going by part number.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #116

Good news on the bushings! Glad to hear that you were successful. Wipe a little bit of grease inside the tube where the old bushing was (after making sure that there are no burrs), and the new frozen bushings will easily tap in place.

The axle wouldn't turn huh? Sounds exactly like TurboT's. It must've been under water a few times. One of our fine members recommended marine grease, which is what I'll use at rebuilding time.

3-D doesn't carry the correct jets, but Clearbrook will have no problem ordering them for you if the jets aren't in stock.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #117

Is your Dad able to make axle pullers for you?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #118

Do you mean to put the new bearings in with?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #119

No, I mean what you call chain / axle adjusters. Yamaha calls them axle pullers, so that's what I adopted.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #120

Oh gotcha. Yeah I'm sure we can figure something out. Heck there might be something usable on that parts Honda that's out back.

Have you had any time to get your Beast back together at all yet?