Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2024, 08:59 PM   #106

It was my understanding that the ones for the TT250 actually read correctly when installed into the tank on a Hawk. But, you talked me right out of it. I will use the odometer, reserve and if and when this one breaks. replace it then. thanks. if it aint broke dont fix it i guess. my best friends dad told me that many years ago..still hasnt sunk in.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:12 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Yeah the rim is damaged where the spoke goes in. It looks as though it was ripped out. I slapped a gob of JB Weld over it
Gotcha. I remembered you had plugged the hole with JB Weld, wasn't sure there was damage besides the missing spoke. I priced a replacement wheel for mine in case the repair went south, but it worked out for me thankfully.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, GPS verified, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 01-31-2024, 09:17 PM   #108

Quote:
It was my understanding that the ones for the TT250 actually read correctly when installed into the tank on a Hawk. But, you talked me right out of it. I will use the odometer, reserve and if and when this one breaks. replace it then. thanks. if it aint broke dont fix it i guess. my best friends dad told me that many years ago..still hasnt sunk in.
I don't know, maybe they do read more accurate.. I wasn't necessary trying to talk you out of doing it, but was just giving you my thoughts on the matter.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:39 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I don't know, maybe they do read more accurate.. I wasn't necessary trying to talk you out of doing it, but was just giving you my thoughts on the matter.
well I am going to wait until I have to mess with it. Took the bike out today and got all of the mud off of her. about to hit 1000 miles on the new gauge. I have to ride, it is necessary.

Old 02-01-2024, 12:15 PM   #110

Quote:
well I am going to wait until I have to mess with it. Took the bike out today and got all of the mud off of her. about to hit 1000 miles on the new gauge. I have to ride, it is necessary.
I'm fixing to go on a ride today, but don't know were to go. LOL. I usually like to stop, and eat, especially if I go to Mason, or Point Pleasant, but I realize that I have gained a good bit of weight recently. My Hawk has always ran great, but now that I have modded the motor about all that I plan on doing, I realize that the best performance upgrade that I can do now is loose weight.

Old 02-01-2024, 01:22 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I'm fixing to go on a ride today, but don't know were to go. LOL. I usually like to stop, and eat, especially if I go to Mason, or Point Pleasant, but I realize that I have gained a good bit of weight recently. My Hawk has always ran great, but now that I have modded the motor about all that I plan on doing, I realize that the best performance upgrade that I can do now is loose weight.

yeah get the old horsepower to weight ratio a little better. hehehe

Old 02-01-2024, 06:59 PM   #112

Quote:

yeah get the old horsepower to weight ratio a little better. hehehe
Yeah. The term muscle car really was overused, but it was originally a car that made at least one HP for every ten pounds the car weighs. So the Hawk weighs over 300 lbs, and with my boots, and heavy coat, and the recent weight gain. I only need just shy of ,60 HP .LOL

Old 02-02-2024, 08:38 AM   #113

Comment changed and removed so that I don't accidentally encourage people to engage in overindulgence in alcohol and the purchasing of motor oil that may or may not be needed. So. that being said, good night.

Last edited by Zapkin; 02-03-2024 at 11:23 PM. Reason: funny and also a bit embarassing

Old 02-04-2024, 02:50 PM   #114

Went for a short ride today. This is how she sits now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	420728138_3622353144648293_8828480858776272236_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	30761  

Old 02-16-2024, 06:21 PM   #115

Thinking about ordering this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYSLJMD/ref=twister_B0B8VWFKWW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How hard is it to make a bracket and do any of you have any suggestions for a person of my limited skillset? Like..the cheapest easiest (not necessarily most durable) solution?

Old 02-16-2024, 07:30 PM   #116

have you fixed the back wheel yet...

I'd prioritize that over a new muff

Old 02-17-2024, 10:42 AM   #117

Quote:
Thinking about ordering this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYSLJMD/ref=twister_B0B8VWFKWW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How hard is it to make a bracket and do any of you have any suggestions for a person of my limited skillset? Like..the cheapest easiest (not necessarily most durable) solution?
You really don't have to use a drop bracket, especially if you don't mind it melting a corner of the airbox, but if you do want to use one, you could probably just buy something at Walmart in hardware, for probably around $2.00 . I had a hard time getting the muffler up quite high enough on my TBR7, and I used one of those light duty, fairly long U bolts that come with a little metal strap. I put the U bolt on the frame, right above the resivoir for the rear brake fluid, and then using the strap, and nuts pulled the exhaust up with it. I still had to make a bracket, about an inch long, is so , because the mount on the muffler has either a little to far forward, or backwards. On my Hawk, I have the exact exhaust as you show in the link, and the mount on the muffler lines up perfectly with one of the bolts in the passenger grab handle. I just used that hole with no bracket, BUT, it did put the pipe right against the corner of the airbox. I got my money's worth of use from that U bolt ( probably $2-$3 ), because I am still using it. I didn't want my saddlebags to get against the muffler, so I reshaped it into a muffler guard, and it's on the bike now.

Old 02-18-2024, 03:12 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
have you fixed the back wheel yet...

I'd prioritize that over a new muff
yeh well its a more expensive thing to deal with and we lifted the bike onto a stand and the remaining spokes seem to be fine and the wheel is not terribly out of true, so I am going to procrastinate about it. my stock exhaust looks like crap..rust all over it now. oh well, who knows what I will end up doing.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:45 AM   #119

Get the exhaust,wheel might last forever. You will know when its bad and then fix ,

Old 02-19-2024, 12:10 PM   #120

If (when) that wheel collapses at 60mph ,I bet you will wish you fixed your stupid wheel that you have known about for months already .