Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
sounds like you guys need some Trailtech vapors......LOL i loved mine on my KE100, and have an old vector on my Roketa... no issues in 5 years....

I had one. Couldn't read it without my glasses.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #1172

Two Brembo rotors for the Ural and a 1979 Illinois MC plate for the CX from a swap meet today. $15 all told.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #1173

I bought a Tesla ! ..... well not exactly l.o.l. ,I bought a little min Kota 40 electric trolling motor ,my storage property-camp is 100 ft across a river ,and my neighbours there use them on little aluminum fishing boats to go back and forth so I figured I will try one on one of my boats .Its not too far to paddle if it doesn’t do it ,or I keep running the gas motor for 20 seconds at a time like I have done so far .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0780CF35-62C5-471C-B00D-F59D1DDA17EE.jpg (9.3 KB, 60 views)

Old 09-10-2018, 12:53 AM   #1174

A 1992 Jeep YJ (Wrangler in the us) for an easy payment plan of $10/day lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180907_102618_HDR.jpg (96.8 KB, 59 views)
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #1175

The last generation of leaf springs.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
The last generation of leaf springs.

Def makes things like lifting it a lot easier..though that part has already been done for me it seems. It has a suspension lift of some type and a body lift. However since the body lift was done half ass i will be removing it and going back to stock on that part of things. Have already been to the local truck accessories shop to get prices on some of the parts it needs like the front bumper and rear tire carrier. It has a 2x2 square tubing rear bumper currently which it will probably keep other then doing some work on it to beef it up.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #1177

I bought my son a haircut and lunch so he would be in spec for ROTC color guard this evening for a high school sporting event. Volleyball I believe.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #1178

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jumped out the back side of the oem cig lighter style plug and hardwired this in with a sae connector so I can remove it. That oem cigerattee connector just wont hold a tight connection on rough gravel roads so hoping this will take care of it. Sucks when you lose nav. My gpx navigation app tells me about the on coming next 2 turns. Great when it works, sucks when phone dies because you discover it has not been charging all that time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jumped out the back side of the oem cig lighter style plug and hardwired this in with a sae connector so I can remove it. That oem cigerattee connector just wont hold a tight connection on rough gravel roads so hoping this will take care of it. Sucks when you lose nav. My gpx navigation app tells me about the on coming next 2 turns. Great when it works, sucks when phone dies because you discover it has not been charging all that time.
Good idea. I cut the lighter adapter off my compressor and attached an SAE plug so I can go directly to battery charger plug on the Ural.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
sounds like you guys need some Trailtech vapors......LOL i loved mine on my KE100, and have an old vector on my Roketa... no issues in 5 years....

Quote:
Two Brembo rotors for the Ural and a 1979 Illinois MC plate for the CX from a swap meet today. $15 all told.
I have a vapor on my DR. Love it! Took me about 3 hours to install, and it has been worth every second. The only complaint I have is that I have to use an old fashioned light bulb for the turn signal indicator, while I upgraded the rest of the idiot lights to LED. You can't use an LED on the turn signal indicator because it reverses the ground, so it would only indicate for one direction. Oh well, guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Cheesy, that was a great deal! I'm thinking about doing something with the rear and hack brakes, the front is already a brembo. I still haven't had a chance to dig into why it's stalling out at lights. I'm inclined to think it's just a bunch of trash in the fuel filter and the pump is starving at the lower speeds. I think I'm going to replace the sealed black OE part with one of the cheap clear plastic off the shelf units from an auto parts store. It's before the fuel pump, so pressure shouldn't be an issue at all.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I have a vapor on my DR. Love it! Took me about 3 hours to install, and it has been worth every second. The only complaint I have is that I have to use an old fashioned light bulb for the turn signal indicator, while I upgraded the rest of the idiot lights to LED. You can't use an LED on the turn signal indicator because it reverses the ground, so it would only indicate for one direction. Oh well, guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Cheesy, that was a great deal! I'm thinking about doing something with the rear and hack brakes, the front is already a brembo. I still haven't had a chance to dig into why it's stalling out at lights. I'm inclined to think it's just a bunch of trash in the fuel filter and the pump is starving at the lower speeds. I think I'm going to replace the sealed black OE part with one of the cheap clear plastic off the shelf units from an auto parts store. It's before the fuel pump, so pressure shouldn't be an issue at all.

I didn't seriously dislike the unit, I just could read it without my glasses. Numbers were just black fuzzies. I gave it to another Uralista in Canuckistan.

I almost hurt my shoulder reaching for my wallet when the seller said five bucks each. They are off of an over powered Yamaha sport bike, so the hubs are incorrect but I was able to find the correct rotor button kit at kurveygirl.com for around $40 so I can swap out the hub. $50 and an hour of my time beats the heck out of $400 from Brembo. My rotor is still in spec, but just. Project for the winter.

I hear there are still some issues with the parking brake not completely releasing with the all disk bikes. Any experience with that? Some of the guys at Soviet Steeds have come up with obdII readers and software to trouble shoot and balance the throttle bodies, but, yes, change the fuel filter first.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #1182

I bought myself a colonoscopy on Saturday. You can buy a nice Japanese bike for the cost of that procedure.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I bought myself a colonoscopy on Saturday. You can buy a nice Japanese bike for the cost of that procedure.

Boo. My Dr is having me do Cologard.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post

When mine was done I got some good sleep. When I woke up five hours later, I found out they had done emergency surgery on me. They removed three sections of my colon to prevent cancer. That was six years ago when I was 35. All clear now but my gastroenterologist keeps a yearly check on me because I have bile acid malabsorption due to a bad ilium that has never worked in me. It may also have been the cause of the precancerous lesions.

Quote:
Boo. My Dr is having me do Cologard.

I'm not sure if I trust those. From my understanding, they test for cancer cells, which would indicate the cancer is already present. I may not be understanding that correctly though.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #1185

A possible Cure for Cancer :)

1.1 pound organic/raw/unrefined honey
~3 tablespoons of "grappa, whisky, cognac" alcohol
~0.8 pounds (~350 grams) of Aloe Arboresncens/Barbadensis

(Lakewood makes a good Aloe Juice... it can be found at most Kroger/King Soopers and Natural Grocers type stores... it's less $$ at Kroger)

Adults drink 1 tablespoon, 3 times a day for 15+ days

Children drink about 1 teaspoon, 3 times a day for 15+ days

Has been known to cure several types of cancers in Africa, South America, and in European clinical studies...

I add 1/4 cup coconut water (usually C2O or Vita COCO brand) to the 1 tablespoon Aloe/Alcohol/Honey mixture and I drink it 3 times daily.

A while back I had several problems, and the Dr's wanted to do a colonoscopy to make sure it wasn't some kind of colon cancer... I did tons of research (most of it was translated from Latin, German, French, and Spanish) on potential cures for cancer...

To my surprise the human race has known of a "natural" cure for cancer basically since the beginning of (written) time and as early as the late 1800's it was well documented on what to do... and by the early/mid 1900's they had several options to pick from too...

* Ozone (3 parts oxygen) infused in either water or olive oil... taken a few times a day would cure cancer quickly

* Nutrient K... up your daily Vitamin/Nutrient K (natural non synthetic sources) up to 120% or so and watch the cancer disappear

** Aloe/Alcohol/Honey mixed up and taken in a 'small' dose can help fight off cancer cells and cure it within a month of daily use

----------------------------

* Found by Jewish and other 'kidnapped' scientists who were forced to find several cures for Hitler way back in WWII...

** No one knows when the mixture was originally created (one recipe goes back a few thousand years!), but similar recipes started showing up around the (late) 1800's... a Pope way back in 60's or 70's was traveling the world and seen several small (and poor) villages in South America and Africa using the same kind of "Aloe treatment" to "heal the sick within a month"... the "sick" ended up being people with various forms of cancer

And yes... there is a reason most of the world doesn't know about these cures... actually curing cancer with only a few dollars worth of Aloe, Honey, and Alcohol doesn't keep their greedy bank accounts full

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.