Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Just an FYI but I should have the tach cluster ready for the TT in 2-3 weeks. Waiting on 2 prototype speed sensors to arrive at the moment but other than that it will be a bolt on no muss no fuss with an accurate speedo and an odometer in MPH......

Now that's funny, a 10,000 RPM readline...

Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #1112

Well, I tore into the TT again last night. I know there's been mention here elsewhere of the Hawk having a removable baffle(?). I was really hoping the TT250 was the same way but alas....not to be. It's the same welded up bazooka setup as all my other CB's, since my Hensim's. Maybe it's a "50 state" thing? So much for just removing the cat and "reformatting" the baffle on the stock muffler. Looks like a whole new pipe is in order down the road. I just need it to be USFS Approved and not be too loud.

Also, anyone who's had their seat off....was your CDI just sitting there? It has the (guaranteed to fail) rubber strap around it but it's not hung on the hook. I was just wondering if others were like that. I left it where it sat. Seems safe enough.

Reason for taking off the seat...and tank....is I was installing the little tach last night. I tried just to feed the pickup wire under the tank and got the damn thing snagged on something and couldn't pull it out! I didn't want to tug too hard so I decided to disassemble. Ended up getting hooked on the fuel gauge sender. Glad I didn't tug on it. Anyway, should be able to finish that tonight. I'll get a pic when I'm done. I will say the tank fits nicely and it's not like the old days where you have to make sure you don't snag any wires in the mount grommets. Lots of room under there and the mounts are way forward. Nice touch.

All in all, I'm fairly impressed with this "next generation" CB. It seems they took an older design and worked out all the bugs. Everything fit well and the plastics seem pretty high quality. The Hawk is also probably like this but I was impressed with how the seat hooked not only on the front, but also on the rear. It really seats down snug, even prior to putting in the mount bolts. All the side plastics plugged into little rubber grommets (like Q) and took just one bolt to hold it in place. Seems well thought-out.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Now that's funny, a 10,000 RPM readline...

Working with the Chinese manufacturer is like pulling wisdom teeth. Very painful sometimes. I had to pick my battles and the redline was not one of them as in my opinion WITHOUT a tach people have no clue what RPM they are running anyways. I will attempt to address it again on the next order but no promises.......

Old 06-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
ordered an assortment of the OEM equivalent jets from jets r us.
I just ordered the 110 through 120 jets (stock is 108) for when I put the new exhaust on. I'll let everyone know how it goes. This will be my first time tuning a carb!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughmas View Post
I just ordered the 110 through 120 jets (stock is 108) for when I put the new exhaust on. I'll let everyone know how it goes. This will be my first time tuning a carb!
same - my jets arrived but I'm holding off till more broken in.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughmas View Post
...and I'm really looking forward to your exhaust review! I hope it's not too loud. I'm still not completely happy with the way I have Q set up, regarding noise level. I'm not wanting "whisper quiet" by any means....but I don't want to attract any unwanted attention, either.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
...and I'm really looking forward to your exhaust review! I hope it's not too loud. I'm still not completely happy with the way I have Q set up, regarding noise level. I'm not wanting "whisper quiet" by any means....but I don't want to attract any unwanted attention, either.
I'm all for waking up the neighbors Motocheez said it is not that much louder than stock but a deeper tone... we shall see.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #1118

That exhaust is very quiet at idle and when you get on the throttle it is a little louder but much deeper than stock. Just keep the throttle low and it's not loud at all.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #1119

So you guys that have received your TT250's, do you feel a new spark plug is needed for it like everyone says about the Hawks and Storms? Or is the spark plug it comes with good?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #1120

Thumbs Up New TT250 check maintenance checklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNrider View Post
My new White TT250 will be delivered tomorrow. Wow 5 days to get cross country, even beat the US Mail with my MSO.
***Day 1***
Let's see. No MSO yet, but.
Shark fin reversed and blue loctite on bolts
Loctite on chain guard bolts
Loctite on licence plate bracket
Loctite on rear brake line bolts x 2
Rerouted front brake line
Replaced parking light bulb with led bulbs
Replaced instrument cluster bulbs with led
Loctite triple tree bolts
Loctite headlight bracket bolts.
Turned in base idle screw 1 turn on carb.
Clean brake rotors with brake cleaner
That's it for tonight
***Day 2 ***
MSO arrives.
CSC Roost Buster Hand guards installed.
Remove skid plate and take in for Line X coating
Ride for 24 km
***Day 3 ***
Take MSO in register in MN and get MN custom plate Z TT250. No other Motorcycle in MN will ever get this licence plate.
Get Skid plate back from Line X coating. Wow does it look nice
Discover the last 3 numbers of my VIN are 0250. Nobody else will have this on a CB.
Remove more hardware and apply Blue Loctite. Note to other users, you better do this or you will loose lots of hardware!!!
2014 Ducati Hypermotard
1974 SL70 Honda
3 CT70 1971, 1974, 1981 Honda
2016 TT250 White CSC Zong

Last edited by MNrider; 06-30-2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: additional information

Old 06-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #1121

Well done MN....rest well and tomorrow play hard!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 PM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNrider View Post
Let's see. No MSO yet, but.
Shark fin reversed and blue loctite on bolts
Loctite on chain guard bolts
Loctite on licence plate bracket
Loctite on rear brake line bolts x 2
Rerouted front brake line
Replaced parking light bulb with led up
Replaced instrument cluster bulbs with led
Loctite triple tree bolts
Loctite headlight bracket bolts.
Turned in base idle screw 1 turn on carb
That's it for tonight
Loctite/inspect
Shifter
Manuel crank starter
Reroute check speedo cable
Steering collar nut

And 1/2 dozen other things I can't Remember, your doing a great methodical job at it. There will be a literal thank you down the road.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-28-2016, 11:26 PM   #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
So you guys that have received your TT250's, do you feel a new spark plug is needed for it like everyone says about the Hawks and Storms? Or is the spark plug it comes with good?
Does it have an Iridium Spark Plug? If not, I would upgrade it... it's only $5 - $10 for a Denso or NGK Iridium after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Does it have an Iridium Spark Plug? If not, I would upgrade it... it's only $5 - $10 for a Denso or NGK Iridium after all
Yeah, might as well, huh?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #1125

Iridium Spark Plugs help in a lot of areas they: Foul less often, usually improve MPG and acceleration, last several years and usually up to 50,000 - 100,000 miles before needing replaced... it's well worth the price

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.