'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 07-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #1097

Two, count 'em, two airline tickets from Edmonton to Chicago for Friday. Both for me.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #1098

A $20 hand held AM-FM radio so I can listen through the headphones at work. I used to stream radio stations at work, but that made AutoCAD run slower.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #1099

I bought a one year old dewalt 20 v radio for $5.00 in the original box with receipt from Lowe’s .It was left outside for a rainy weekend by someone’s dopey employee ,they bought a brand new one and listed the old one for sale for parts not working . I brought it to Lowe’s ,and they gave me a brand new one on the spot .It currently is selling for $199.00 ! Did I mention it had a 5 amp battery in it that is no longer working ?I will get a warranty replacement for that as well soon enough .

Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
bought a piston kit for an FS130r 4-mix weed eater from stihl... was a freebie with a broken piston but other than that good shape... so its worth the $35 piston kit...LOL

So bad news on that piston....LOL the con rod must have been stressed when the first piston let loose, after 10 min of running it threw the rod out the side of the block....LOL anywho.... last week ordered a new shortblock for it, and it came in.... so far into this fs130r for about $145 (retail is around 400-450).... and holy crap... sucker gets it done.... that was 10 min tops to clear out... was all about 4ft tall too....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180721_105612.jpg (97.4 KB, 73 views)

Old 07-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #1101

Quote:
So bad news on that piston....LOL the con rod must have been stressed when the first piston let loose, after 10 min of running it threw the rod out the side of the block....LOL anywho.... last week ordered a new shortblock for it, and it came in.... so far into this fs130r for about $145 (retail is around 400-450).... and holy crap... sucker gets it done.... that was 10 min tops to clear out... was all about 4ft tall too....
Indeed, true workhorses! Love STIHL stuff, I've got a weedeater as well and one of those big backpack blowers. If I ever buy another chainsaw, it will definitely be a STIHL as well.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #1102

I'm thinking about one of their dedicated brush cutters based on their 4 stroke string trimmer.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I'm thinking about one of their dedicated brush cutters based on their 4 stroke string trimmer.
That would be the same engine as what i have, unless youre looking at the fs91 or 111... those are smaller displacement, i assumr by brushcutter you mean a blade style head and mostlikely a bicycle bar/shoulder harness setup? Very nice machines....

Old 07-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider View Post
Indeed, true workhorses! Love STIHL stuff, I've got a weedeater as well and one of those big backpack blowers. If I ever buy another chainsaw, it will definitely be a STIHL as well.
Im actually a certified tech for stihl.... LOL that has its perks...people give you "broke" stuff for free... i havent bought a single piece of equipment, just repaired freebies... left to right, front to back, fs130, fs250, 056, ms170, br600... i have about $200 invested in the whole pile... one shortblock for the fs130, an intake boot and ebay gas tank on the 250, a roll of electrical tape for the 056 coil grounding wire, choke shaft and carb off ebay for the ms170, and a $35 piston for the br600...

**edit**darn...photo isnt oriented correctly...LOL that makes it bottom to top, right to left...LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1532263058249486695680.jpg (98.1 KB, 74 views)

Old 07-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #1105

Quote:
That would be the same engine as what i have, unless youre looking at the fs91 or 111... those are smaller displacement, i assumr by brushcutter you mean a blade style head and mostlikely a bicycle bar/shoulder harness setup? Very nice machines....

I'm not up on all the Stihl models but yes. The one with the handlebars, shoulder harness, and four-stroke engine. I'm not real sure what they sell for new. Right now dinero is tight.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:04 PM   #1106

Quote:
I'm not up on all the Stihl models but yes. The one with the handlebars, shoulder harness, and four-stroke engine. I'm not real sure what they sell for new. Right now dinero is tight.
If the clams arent plentiful, you may want to try and find used.... not sure how different pricing is by area, but the store i work at sells the fs91/bike handle for $369+tax... and thats the smallest of the 4mix power heads at 28.4cc... the fs111 is a 31.4cc, retailing at 409, and the 131 (current model of what i have)is 36.2cc, retail 439... but at the end of the day, you certainly get what you pay for.... i have run numerous trimmers, homeowner and big box "pro" versions (yeah im talking about you Poulan) LOL and none of them even come close to a stihl product.... oh yeah i forgot rhis morning... i have an fs55 as well, stihls home owner straight shaft weedeater job, a 27cc 2 stroke, retails for 199, routinely on sale for 160-170.... that thing can cut circles around a 33cc poulan "pro" (i have one of those too...LOL more freebies, and a 26cc homelite....and...)

Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #1107

Quote:
If the clams arent plentiful, you may want to try and find used.... not sure how different pricing is by area, but the store i work at sells the fs91/bike handle for $369+tax... and thats the smallest of the 4mix power heads at 28.4cc... the fs111 is a 31.4cc, retailing at 409, and the 131 (current model of what i have)is 36.2cc, retail 439... but at the end of the day, you certainly get what you pay for.... i have run numerous trimmers, homeowner and big box "pro" versions (yeah im talking about you Poulan) LOL and none of them even come close to a stihl product.... oh yeah i forgot rhis morning... i have an fs55 as well, stihls home owner straight shaft weedeater job, a 27cc 2 stroke, retails for 199, routinely on sale for 160-170.... that thing can cut circles around a 33cc poulan "pro" (i have one of those too...LOL more freebies, and a 26cc homelite....and...)

I feel that I need a bigger model. I have a lot of thick vines that grow out of the wood lot behind me. They can be as thick as three inches and I have to break out my hand saw. Most of the stuff I would use the brush cutter on it under an inch. It's rare to see brush cutters come up for sale here.

I currently only have a 25cc curved shaft Homelite weed whipper. I own mobile homes and I need a clutchless trimmer that can maintain low trimmer head rpm. It helps to prevent the string from busting holes in the vinyl skirting. I tried a small straight shaft Stihl but it needed to high rpm to keep the clutch engaged and trimmer head spinning. It cut right through the vinyl skirting like a knife through hot butter.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #1108

Quote:
I feel that I need a bigger model. I have a lot of thick vines that grow out of the wood lot behind me. They can be as thick as three inches and I have to break out my hand saw. Most of the stuff I would use the brush cutter on it under an inch. It's rare to see brush cutters come up for sale here.

I currently only have a 25cc curved shaft Homelite weed whipper. I own mobile homes and I need a clutchless trimmer that can maintain low trimmer head rpm. It helps to prevent the string from busting holes in the vinyl skirting. I tried a small straight shaft Stihl but it needed to high rpm to keep the clutch engaged and trimmer head spinning. It cut right through the vinyl skirting like a knife through hot butter.
I know exactly what you mean...i used to live in a double wide....LOLgiven the vines, i would recommend the fs131 if you can afford it, or consider the r version of the 111 or 131, loop handle saves a few buck on the front end, and if you really want to, they come with a harness loop as well, so the bike bars arent really 10p% a necessity, unless you are more comfortable with them for clearing.... saves about $40 off msrp to go loop handle instead of bike handle...

Old 07-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #1109

A new mailbox. My neighbors' mom backed into it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #1110

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean...i used to live in a double wide....LOLgiven the vines, i would recommend the fs131 if you can afford it, or consider the r version of the 111 or 131, loop handle saves a few buck on the front end, and if you really want to, they come with a harness loop as well, so the bike bars arent really 10p% a necessity, unless you are more comfortable with them for clearing.... saves about $40 off msrp to go loop handle instead of bike handle...

I prefer the bike bars for clearing. It's gotten out of hand the past few years. There are hidden stumps in there and I want to be able to handle a kickback. I own a couple singles for storage.I keep them looking livable to keep code enforcement off my back. One was my father's and one was my uncles. All on the same property that the house is on. It used to be my grandfather's homestead after he returned home from WWII.