Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2016, 02:46 AM   #1081

I just finalized my order for my two TT250's also (Black and White)! Looks like they may be ready next Saturday. Can't wait to pick them up.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #1082

Saw this TT250 ride video posted to the CSC Owner's group on Facebook:

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #1083

Well, after thrashing to dog crap out of the TT yesterday on a run down to Colorado Springs, a little over 200 km round tip, and with nearly 600 km on the clock total, I decided to do the first valve adjustment. Way easier than the RX-3. No cussing or scraped knuckles. The valves were tight, tight, tight. Adjusted to .07 mm, the loose end of spec as recommended in the manual.

I also found that my speedo is indicating about 10% slow when checking against a GPS speedo app. 57mph indicated, 63 mph actual per the gps as the top speed for the day.

After the valve adjustment, I moved on to jetting. Put in a 102 jet vs the 108 trying to lean it out for elevation. I only got a chance to ride around the neighborhood a little but will give it a good test drive tomorrow on my commute and see how it goes. I bought a few jets so I'll continue to tweak if needed. I also had previously moved the needle clip one notch leaner last week.

Rojo

Old 06-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #1084

Thumbs Up

went to school in Colorado Springs LOTS of adventures but long ago. Used to catch hawks/falcons out by black forest caught and trained for hunting maybe the first Great Horned Owl in North America (no kidding city sure has changed. miss those days.. dated my first Miss America there (we were in 6th and 7th grade i think lol, she moved to Ohio from there and later became Miss Ohio, then Miss America Sometimes in life , timing is everything LOL

back to your ride, How did you go? that main north/south highway is a freeway now isn't it?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Well, after thrashing to dog crap out of the TT yesterday on a run down to Colorado Springs, a little over 200 km round tip, and with nearly 600 km on the clock total, I decided to do the first valve adjustment. Way easier than the RX-3. No cussing or scraped knuckles. The valves were tight, tight, tight. Adjusted to .07 mm, the loose end of spec as recommended in the manual.

I also found that my speedo is indicating about 10% slow when checking against a GPS speedo app. 57mph indicated, 63 mph actual per the gps as the top speed for the day.

After the valve adjustment, I moved on to jetting. Put in a 102 jet vs the 108 trying to lean it out for elevation. I only got a chance to ride around the neighborhood a little but will give it a good test drive tomorrow on my commute and see how it goes. I bought a few jets so I'll continue to tweak if needed. I also had previously moved the needle clip one notch leaner last week.

Rojo
I'm trying to confirm the size of the main jet using a keihin jet. Is it the 99101-393 (8mm x 6mm x 4.9mm) that you got for replacements? Thanks

Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 PM   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post

back to your ride, How did you go? that main north/south highway is a freeway now isn't it?
Went down Hwy 83 which is a secondary/state hwy, 2 lane (one each way) that runs north and south a few miles East of I-25. Very nice scenic rolling hills.

The TT did fine except for the very gusty winds when leaving the Springs and the thunderstorm we passed thru. I was able to maintain 50 - 60 mph per GPS speedo app on all but the steeper hills and heavy winds. Still had stock jetting. Good ride overall. The seat is more comfortable than my KLR seat so A+.

Rojo

Old 06-26-2016, 11:22 PM   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopeflyer View Post
I'm trying to confirm the size of the main jet using a keihin jet. Is it the 99101-393 (8mm x 6mm x 4.9mm) that you got for replacements? Thanks
Yep. Those are the one's from JetsRUs. The stock jet was stamped 108 but no other markings. I ordered a few different sizes on 6/22 and had them in the mailbox on 6/24. Replacement jet fit and worked just fine. Bike fired right back up when everything was put back together.

Rojo

Old 06-26-2016, 11:37 PM   #1088

Quote:

. . . I also found that my speedo is indicating about 10% slow when checking against a GPS speedo app. 57mph indicated, 63 mph actual per the gps as the top speed for the day.
Rojo
Interesting that your speedo is indicating a LOWER speed than actual. Based on what I've read on here, it's usually the other way around with CB speedos.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-26-2016, 11:48 PM   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Interesting that your speedo is indicating a LOWER speed than actual. Based on what I've read on here, it's usually the other way around with CB speedos.
Yep kinda odd. Jayman a few pages back also mentioned his speedo was reading lower against gps as well. Most have said the TT speedo, for the most part, is spot on. Maybe the new mph gauge clusters will be more accurate.

Rojo

Old 06-27-2016, 03:16 AM   #1090

Quote:
Yep kinda odd. Jayman a few pages back also mentioned his speedo was reading lower against gps as well. Most have said the TT speedo, for the most part, is spot on. Maybe the new mph gauge clusters will be more accurate.

Rojo
Yea I have checked multiple ways and it is about 8% slow

My Honda is about 8% fast go figure

Old 06-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
Drilling alters the angles around the hole and usually leaves the hole rougher than original, both of which can actually yield less flow. If the jet is flat on both sides around the hole then drilling, as long as the hole is perfectly smooth, will increase flow predictably. If you decide to try be careful to keep the hole smooth and straight, might not be easy. If it acts funny keep in mind that you might have reduced flow and don't let it confuse you on your path of tuning.
red herring. drill it, feel better, good. feel worse, do something else... not rocket science. a #57 drill is slightly bigger than 1.08 mm (which is what a 108 jet is nominally). Try drilling it out with a #57 drill and see what your seat of the pants and spark plug tell you. That's all I'm saying. A #56 would take you up to a #118.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #1092

My TT 250 was picked up by Road Runner Transport last Thursday and is now somewhere between CA and MN. Delivery estimate is this Thursday June 30th. It can't come quick enough after 4 months of waiting.
2014 Ducati Hypermotard
1974 SL70 Honda
3 CT70 1971, 1974, 1981 Honda
2016 TT250 White CSC Zong

Old 06-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #1093

they normally on all motorcycles read either a tiny bit fast, or a lot fast, for liability reasons. if something bad happens and the owner can make a claim that they were going faster than the vehicle indicated then there is a potential law suit.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Last edited by kohburn; 06-27-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #1094

My speedo seems to be reading a little lower than actual speed as well. Finally got some miles in this weekend on the TT, however my SD card for my mobius action cam just happened to bite the bullet so was not able to do any pics or vids yet :(

Motor is really starting to loosen up after only 70KM, these definitely need a good break in period, already getting more power and smoothness every time I ride.

Put some cheap Acerbis brush guards on and moved the shift lever up so I can actually fit my boots under the lever (made a world of difference with shifting)

Old 06-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #1095

It arrived!!!

...and as I stated a couple pages ago, we weren't home! I got my neighbor Ron to sit and wait for the truck while we drove to Nevada that morning. He said all went well with the delivery with the exception of some bats that got into the house that freaked him out while he was watching TV and waiting.

When we got home Sunday morning, I insisted that he get a pic with the crate, since he was the one who received it. He was concerned that I'd post a pic on the internet of him in his grubby work clothes since he was working his property. I told him not to worry, I'd never do that. Hee hee hee...

Out of the crate, right onto the rack. I flipped the shark fin right away. Then, I started going over and adjusting everything. Check tire pressures. Cables, etc... The chain was loose and the rear wheel needed aligning. Expected. There was a huge glob of grease on the swingarm bolt. I'm hoping this is a sign of grease inside. I tightened all the motor mounts and checked every fastener I ran across. Also, I dropped off the headlight, rerouted what was needed. Then, I pulled out the speedo cable, cleaned and lubed it. As someone else suggested, I hit the rotors with cleaner and wiped them spotless before the first ride and bedding them in. Brakes seem just fine to me now. After assembly, I hit it with a coat of wax, some Armor All and out for the first putt. As everyone here, the bike fired up immediately.

I also installed the first mods. The Acerbus Uniko light duty hand guards and the bar pad. I have these little hand guards on everything. If you're into hitting oak trees, boulders or flopping off of cliffs, these are not for you. If you want some shrub, brush, branch and bug-at-speed protection, they work great, mount easily and are cheap.

Got about 30 miles on it now and it's already loosening up, finding neutral and everything is going well. It even seems jetted ok for 3000 feet...but time will tell once the engine mods start after break-in. I can honestly say that between the 4 other CG motors I've had, this balance shaft motor is noticeably smoother, especially out-of-crate. Most importantly, Mrs. 2LZ enjoyed her first ride and is looking forward to many miles and smiles.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.