Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #91

I do not think you could modify the handlebars without removing fairing.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #92

Those look like clip-ons in the photo. Perhaps a top triple from another China bike would bolt on to the fork tubs and accept handlebars. If so, you could start with a low profile drag bar and go from there. Maybe Kato has one.

That might be enough to take the pressure off of your wrists (and your back).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #93

im sure once you get use to it you will grow to love it. or sell it good profit on selling a free bike.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #94

Ron would you rather have gotten an S version? They do not have the downward swept controls the R has.

You do realize you are entitled to compensation for damages incurred during shipping, that is not minor damage the bike was dropped and slid, cracks and abrasions. The cost of the damage is the cost of replacing the damaged parts.

You should get costs for the parts that are damaged to file a claim and also could get part prices to convert the bike to an S.

You could easily convert it to an S version and you should be getting a check from the shipping company as they did damage the bike in shipping. That’s assuming that Bennche did not ship you a damaged bike and if it was damaged it would have been noted by the shipping company and as preexisting damage.

I am just saying that if it is a street style you like….it is definitely not out of feasibility to convert it to that version of the bike. Based on what you did to that GY200 altering the Meggeli to an S would not be outside your ability. The S version does not have the downward swept handle bars…but are the foot controls set back on the R because that’s another issue and that is more difficult to modify.

You may also want to discuss the dammage with your insurance company, they can help they are not liable but they can ensure the liablity is assumed by the shipper.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #95

You've had some good advise but I'd recommend enjoying it the way it is for the rest of the season and decide how you feel about it in the Fall. You may like it more, or less by then and be better able to decide.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #96

Sorry I've been absent here and for some reason ,I'm not getting these topic e-mails . I have been way over the top busy . I will be starting a thread in the street section soon . Over 300 miles on it now . 30 dollars fixed the right rear panel . had a front rotor vibration (new rotor 35.00 ) still have the brake vibration ,just a little less . Bennche has not been all that helpful in resolving that issue . it's still hard on the back ,but tolerable for my 15 Min's each way to work and back . longer rides take there toll . really need to soften it a bit and get some of the hammer out of it , before thoughts of a naked conversion . taller riders with longer arms can ride it more upright than i can . 8)

Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #97

Hey Ron,

Any play in the front wheel bearings? Are the triples nice and tight?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Hey Ron,

Any play in the front wheel bearings? Are the triples nice and tight?
Everything on the front is tight . I believe it has to be in the rotor . i can feel a pump in the brake lever .

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #99

Have you tried setting up a dial indicator to see if the rotor is warped?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #100

i'll have to do a dial indicator ,still crazy busy . i keep trying to get part interchange info from megelli uk . for sprockets and rotors . no replies to 3 e-mails . thought if there was a floating rotor out there id try it .