Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #91

My first kit fitted

Here is the progress - waiting on oil and need an exhaust gasket to finish

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #92

It would be nice if a list of part numbers on gaskets and seals and such was available, or, even better, a kit of all the parts to install the kit. I'll be cleaning up the head a little while it is off. Not really a porting, just matching the edges and doing away with any casting décor.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
It would be nice if a list of part numbers on gaskets and seals and such was available, or, even better, a kit of all the parts to install the kit. I'll be cleaning up the head a little while it is off. Not really a porting, just matching the edges and doing away with any casting décor.

Hey i am adding in a few small gaskets and parts just incase you need it while fiting this kit.
A complete gasket kit is easy to get or just each gasket etc - Non are very expensive here to buy but shipping alone would get a bit crazy I think.
I will post a few pics of the kit once bits n bobs arrive and show what I think will cover your arse worst case seeing I did one and a couple small things I saw and had issues with etc.

I will add:
Left side cover gasket
Tensioner gasket
Pair of dowels that align the head in case your are stuck in cylinder and you damage getting them out
1 spare pin that aligns the rocker box to head - in case you loose 1
O rings for all 3 filters
Exhaust gasket (Might not be the copper one as RX3 has, RZ3 had other material but will be fine)
Free oil filter (paper or mesh type, free O ring) check the size and order in the USA I suggest as the package shows 30mm x 2.6mm
Free 1 of those plastic tube oil screens (O rings are included) unsure on size now
Sump plug copper washer, not genuine tho.

Any suggestions as to what else?
I suggest you order more when you buy a large item such as the 300cc kit (2.49kg max) use the space etc as shipping is no more expensive

Price has increased sadly for the 300cc kit but not massively (my price is 50% more) I am thinking I will do for $250 with the list above.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #94

A kit that includes the following (like a big bore refresh) might be a good seller:

1. Big bore head gasket
2. Ring set
3. New base gasket

Are you hearing anything about performance camshafts for the NC250?

Old 05-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
A kit that includes the following (like a big bore refresh) might be a good seller:

1. Big bore head gasket
2. Ring set
3. New base gasket

Are you hearing anything about performance camshafts for the NC250?
Hey cheers for that
The kit factory has the cylinder piston rings base gasket and head gasket etc
I was more talking extending things beyond that to cover a few more bits n bobs etc

No performance cams or cranks that I’ve seen etc and I have a few people who locally sell and advertise etc

Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Hey i am adding in a few small gaskets and parts just incase you need it while fiting this kit.
A complete gasket kit is easy to get or just each gasket etc - Non are very expensive here to buy but shipping alone would get a bit crazy I think.
I will post a few pics of the kit once bits n bobs arrive and show what I think will cover your arse worst case seeing I did one and a couple small things I saw and had issues with etc.

I will add:
Left side cover gasket
Tensioner gasket
Pair of dowels that align the head in case your are stuck in cylinder and you damage getting them out
1 spare pin that aligns the rocker box to head - in case you loose 1
O rings for all 3 filters
Exhaust gasket (Might not be the copper one as RX3 has, RZ3 had other material but will be fine)
Free oil filter (paper or mesh type, free O ring) check the size and order in the USA I suggest as the package shows 30mm x 2.6mm
Free 1 of those plastic tube oil screens (O rings are included) unsure on size now
Sump plug copper washer, not genuine tho.

Any suggestions as to what else?
I suggest you order more when you buy a large item such as the 300cc kit (2.49kg max) use the space etc as shipping is no more expensive

Price has increased sadly for the 300cc kit but not massively (my price is 50% more) I am thinking I will do for $250 with the list above.
Sounds like a lot of gravy!

Old 05-19-2018, 08:32 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Sounds like a lot of gravy!

What do you mean? I do not make a shit ton of money on it, the small things add in a lot of extra time for me.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #98

Quote:
What do you mean? I do not make a shit ton of money on it, the small things add in a lot of extra time for me.
Sorry, didn't think you might not understand gravy used this way.

There are potatoes, can be eaten with butter and sour cream, but much better with any of several types of hot sauces prepared on a stove. Those sauces are called gravies. Homemade mashed potatoes, Vidalia onion and bell pepper chunks cooked in leftover grease from cooking sirloin steaks with a little milk and flour stirred in (that's the gravy), fresh ground black pepper, Golden Queen sweet corn on the cob drowned in real butter, cold Bud, ..., come by some time, I'll fatten you up.

Lots of folks selling the 300cc kits. Those are the potatoes. Easy. You are tossing in nice prizes and doing a lot of work for us other bore kit suppliers don't even think of. That's the gravy. We appreciate the extras you provide. Awesome gravy.

Big complement promoting your new business. Understand now?

Old 05-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
Has anyone here had successful dealings with Yoycartcom?

My credit card company is freaking out about the charges and I just got an email from yoycart saying that my payment is suspect.

Better dealing with me, I am adding in extra gaskets an oil filter and few other bits - 1 price total price no nonsense

Old 05-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #100

Quote:
Better dealing with me, I am adding in extra gaskets an oil filter and few other bits - 1 price total price no nonsense
First time in a long time I've done business with someone who does the whole package deal straight up. Most suppliers price a bare minimum to make theirs look cheaper, then charge for everything else needed. Sometimes, since buyers already have a significant investment, sellers jack up prices on all the little bits. They are rip offs and call it "marketing", just the opposite of the customer services you are providing. That is why the 30. It's fair.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #101

Finally got around to tearing it down yesterday. Now it's a matter of finding the time to put it back together!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1714.jpg (53.0 KB, 333 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #102

That's fascinating. I did a double take and thought it was a dual sport for a moment. I'm really interested to read your observations on the 300cc kit.

It's a narrowband lambda sensor on the RX3, right?

My biggest concern after the mechanical work would be the fuelling. If it uses existing fuelling tables you're going to be very lean, unless you can find a carb kit.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
That's fascinating. I did a double take and thought it was a dual sport for a moment. I'm really interested to read your observations on the 300cc kit.

It's a narrowband lambda sensor on the RX3, right?

My biggest concern after the mechanical work would be the fuelling. If it uses existing fuelling tables you're going to be very lean, unless you can find a carb kit.
I'm not camming or porting it so I'm hoping that the EFI will be able to adjust to the extra cc's.
I thought about cleaning up the ports while I had it apart but figured I'd be pushing it. I'm not up enough on this type of injection to take huge swings at it. I do wish that CSC would come up with a performance mapping though.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I'm not camming or porting it so I'm hoping that the EFI will be able to adjust to the extra cc's.
I thought about cleaning up the ports while I had it apart but figured I'd be pushing it. I'm not up enough on this type of injection to take huge swings at it. I do wish that CSC would come up with a performance mapping though.

My guessing is that it runs 'closed-loop' at low or maintenance throttle, aiming for a near stoichiometric ratio using measurements from the sensor. This is the predominant emissions-friendly strategy. At high throttle demand and RPM it will switch to 'open-loop' and use a lookup table. For this reason I'm not convinced you're going to see more injector pulses than if it was a 250cc.

If that is the case, a carb conversion may be the way to go if there isn't a tuning kit for the Delphi stuff.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
My guessing is that it runs 'closed-loop' at low or maintenance throttle, aiming for a near stoichiometric ratio using measurements from the sensor. This is the predominant emissions-friendly strategy. At high throttle demand and RPM it will switch to 'open-loop' and use a lookup table. For this reason I'm not convinced you're going to see more injector pulses than if it was a 250cc.

If that is the case, a carb conversion may be the way to go if there isn't a tuning kit for the Delphi stuff.
I'm not sure if it bounces to open loop and goes straight mapping at full throttle or not. I was hoping it would stay in closed loop and let the sensors do their jobs.

I'd love to go carb kit on it. Then it wouldn't be locked into a certain mapping.

2009 Q Link XP 200