Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #91

X2! I'd love to hear your Zong.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #92

anthony

dont know if this will be to small but i came across it when i was looking around for new fmf stickers for my muffler and repacking stuff..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item45f4603450

Old 08-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #93

thanks mizke but what sux it is ship only to usa i am in canada. i thing the size is good but i am looking more for a muffler with carbon fiber in it.

:twisted: UPDATE :twisted:

i finally won my shocks on giobikes.com and i they are all ready shipped, i had pic express shipping so i should get my shock tomorrow or Friday just in time for the weekend to try them out .
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #94

damn good deal, im jealous.. i want new shocks, but got to deal with this exhaust stuff.. i was up last looking at videos for the sound of it. but man people dont realize when you do exhaust sound videos.. the exhaust has 2 different sounds.. if you sit there and video it idling and revving it sounds one way, but the real sound is what it sounds like when there is a load placed on the motor.. wish more people woud include a video of them driving the atv then every one else would know what the exhaust truely sounds like..

i dont think you are going to find any cf name brand mufflers.. i know the auto parts stores around my town sell carbon fiber wrap.. dont think i a muffler would get hot enough to burn it off. but you could just wrap it your self..

Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #95

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-S...ts_Accessories

its a hmf powder coated black muffler.. it looks clean as hell.. but it is pricey..

but like i said above, you could buy some carbon fiber wrap and if you take your time you can wrap the muffler and have it look really good. esp round mufflers, they would be the easiest ones to wrap

Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #96

i want a Yoshimura here are 2 links and there are carbon fiber

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

or mabe this but it is not carbon fiber

and if i want fmf i found this

tell me what u thing
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #97

i like the looks of the fist 2, but the can it self seems to be on the short side.. might look a little odd..

this video is the fmf power core 4, i am getting the 2 stroke version of it so its called the power core 2.. but should sound something like this video

Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #98

well i had hoped to get my fmf pipe this weekend, but it seems the postal service is a tad bit retarded.. the pipe shipped out of mesa arizona, i checked the tracking number today since it was shipped yesterday.. they sent it to bell, ca and now its on its way to texas, wtf ? they sent it 447ish miles the wrong direction to a sorting facility just to turn around and send it back through arizona then to texas..

Old 08-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #99

:twisted: Update :twisted:

look what came in the mail yesterday

new gio air shock

i was happy that the shipping was fast and how the shock look but i am a littel worried about them. as i was getting them ready to bring up north to install on my beast, i went to check the the air pressure one of the shock readed 0 psi and the other read 24 psi. so i remove the little valve and found that it was jammed, so i replaced and now it works, then on the second shock as i lowed the psi the SAME thing happened. i fix it and now bought shock are at 8 pis each. should i tell GIO that i got 2 defected shocks??

Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #100

Don't worry about them not holding pressure, i've got 3 pairs of them and they all leak out eventually, but they still work 200% better than the stockers, when i'm at my buddies i usually use his nitrogen tank to fill them to 120psi, the best pair after 1.5 weeks will be back at 0.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #101

but should i tell gio about it

Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #102

yup

Old 08-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
but should i tell gio about it
Did you charge them up to around 100psi and then see if it will hold that pressure?

They may offer you another set for a small fee plus shipping, but really you'll probably end up with the same thing you already have, these shocks work soooooo much better than stock even without the adjustable compression dampning, so just bolt on them and run em'.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #104

i thought that shocks use fluid and not air. why do these ? are all atv shocks like these and use air

Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
i thought that shocks use fluid and not air. why do these ? are all atv shocks like these and use air
These shocks have a nitrogen filled "air bag" so you can adjust the compression dampning by adjusting the amount of nitrogen pressure in them, like i said my first pair was bad, payed GIO more to get a new set, the new set didn't leak as fast but they still did, then i got one of the new sets gold shock/black spring like the ones in the pic above, these held pressure the longest but eventually it leaks out, but they work so much better than stock that i don't even check the pressure anymore, they are just fine for me on my Beast.