Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2016, 02:20 AM   #1021

[QUOTE=rojo_grande;221761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
good job rojo g. i'm looking at also the plastic fit and finish. not sure if you know about the crappy brittle plastics on the bashans and hawks. Does the plastic seem flexible and not brittle on the zong?

BB,
I've read the plastics on the bashans and hawks are brittle. The plastics on the TT250 seem to be pretty good quality. I've seen other tool tubes attached to the plastic but don't think that's a good/strong attachment point even with good plastics. That's why I went with brackets and solid mounting points to bolt to.

Will see what I can do about loading it up with a real burrito for testing purposes of course....

Rojo
It was well placed the way you did it. I just was admirering the fitment of the plastics and so forth. Looks well put together so to speak.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #1022

rojo, it's good to hear that the jetting at least seems close and not super-lean like most are. I have yet to buy a CB that I haven't had to rejet to get it rich enough or re-carb to run decently, along with re-gearing. Hopefully both the carb and countershaft sprocket are going to be acceptable.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightbaal View Post
Well crap now I feel dumb buying a Hawk 250 3 weeks ago lol. O well little late now...
Oh hell no. Both the Hawk and Storm are the CB smokin' deals of the year. I'd probably be on one of them if they were legal here. I'm looking forward to the TT250 showing up and the extra doo dads it comes with, but it's not an earth shattering difference to me. Also, I'm sure many of the parts on your Hawk can be purchased at CSC. The TT and Hawk share many of the same parts like brake pads, cables and many of the other "wearing" parts. Many people will be able to benefit from CSC's great customer service, not just CSC customers.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
rojo, it's good to hear that the jetting at least seems close and not super-lean like most are. I have yet to buy a CB that I haven't had to rejet to get it rich enough or re-carb to run decently, along with re-gearing. Hopefully both the carb and countershaft sprocket are going to be acceptable.
I'm in the Denver area at ~5,000 feet. My assumption is its set up lean at sea level, rich at 5,000 feet, and gasping for air at 9,000+. Currently, the bike starts right up with only half choke or no choke. I did have a couple of occasions where it was hard to start. Intermittent issue I attributed to break-in being in process and no hard start issues in the last week or so. Otherwise, its been running well and really fun for buzzing around town, daily commuting (no highways).

So far, I've only been able to get the bike up to ~55mph +/- indicated at WOT and my svelte 190#+gear. Bogging or a slight hesitation, if any, has been at 3/4 to WOT. So, I'll start with a smaller main jet and go from there. Will look at a 15T or 14T counter sprocket for steep/rocky/gnarly trail use and use the 17T for general commuting, street riding and moderate trails.

I'm really enjoying the TT so far. Very light compared to my KLR.

Rojo

Old 06-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
I'm in the Denver area at ~5,000 feet. My assumption is its set up lean at sea level, rich at 5,000 feet, and gasping for air at 9,000+. Currently, the bike starts right up with only half choke or no choke. I did have a couple of occasions where it was hard to start. Intermittent issue I attributed to break-in being in process and no hard start issues in the last week or so. Otherwise, its been running well and really fun for buzzing around town, daily commuting (no highways).

So far, I've only been able to get the bike up to ~55mph +/- indicated at WOT and my svelte 190#+gear. Bogging or a slight hesitation, if any, has been at 3/4 to WOT. So, I'll start with a smaller main jet and go from there. Will look at a 15T or 14T counter sprocket for steep/rocky/gnarly trail use and use the 17T for general commuting, street riding and moderate trails.

Rojo
Use your gps my speedo was 10% slow so at 60 you are 66 mph

Old 06-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #1026

Quote:
I'm in the Denver area at ~5,000 feet. My assumption is its set up lean at sea level, rich at 5,000 feet, and gasping for air at 9,000+.

Rojo
Thanks Rojo, that sounds like it may be very close at my 3000'....and it comes with a 17t? That's amazing. Usually these Hondoids (minus my Rhino) are geared to go straight up a telephone pole.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #1027

its 17/50 stock

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
Use your gps my speedo was 10% slow so at 60 you are 66 mph
thats backwards of normal. the speedo normally reads fast for liability of the manufacturer. user could otherwise blame a crash on going faster than they thought they were.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
thats backwards of normal. the speedo normally reads fast for liability of the manufacturer. user could otherwise blame a crash on going faster than they thought they were.

Is your new speedo accurate Kohburn?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
That is how my gps is telling it and if I go speed limit I am Runing up on traffic but I have not had anyone Run next to me I will try that soon

Old 06-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #1031

I was speculating on the speedo being off. I was riding with Marzhere a couple weeks ago when I mentioned I was only hitting 50 mph she said her RX-3 was showing ~65 mph. Eventhough the RX-3's speedo is generous, i must be going a bit faster than 50mph. I'll have to verify by GPS. Was also planning to pull and lube the speedo cable.

Rojo

Old 06-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #1032

Quote:
I was speculating on the speedo being off. I was riding with Marzhere a couple weeks ago when I mentioned I was only hitting 50 mph she said her RX-3 was showing ~65 mph. Eventhough the RX-3's speedo is generous, i must be going a bit faster than 50mph. I'll have to verify by GPS. Was also planning to pull and lube the speedo cable.

Rojo
Well, from what I've seen here, on ADVRider, and on the CSC owner's group on Facebook, it looks like the RX3s have been pretty consistently displaying about 10% higher than the true speed. If that's the case, Marzhere's bike would have been going around 58 mph, so your TT would have been about 15% lower than the true speed. If her speedometer was off by about 12%, the true speed would have been closer to 57 mph, and your speedometer would be about 14% low.

I found a free app for my smartphone that I plan to use to determine my true speed. I'll be curious to see what my error turns out to be when I get my bike.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 06-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
Well, from what I've seen here, on ADVRider, and on the CSC owner's group on Facebook, it looks like the RX3s have been pretty consistently displaying about 10% higher than the true speed. If that's the case, Marzhere's bike would have been going around 58 mph, so your TT would have been about 15% lower than the true speed. If her speedometer was off by about 12%, the true speed would have been closer to 57 mph, and your speedometer would be about 14% low.

I found a free app for my smartphone that I plan to use to determine my true speed. I'll be curious to see what my error turns out to be when I get my bike.
Hey odd...if the GPS app is satisfactory , link it here for others.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Hey odd...if the GPS app is satisfactory , link it here for others.
Sure, here it is. Now, I've only tested it on my bicycle so I don't have much of a reference to determine its accuracy. In any case, it uses my phone's GPS to determine speed, so it should be fairly accurate.

I also just thought, if the app I used doesn't turn out to be all that accurate, you could use an app like MapMyRun that records distance and time, then start and end a segment while maintaining speed... but that'd be dependent on how well you can maintain speed across enough distance to make an accurate assessment.

The reason I went with the app above is that it's simply a widget you can put on one of the screens of an Android phone and it doesn't have to be used all the time. You just tap the widget to activate it, then it displays your speed in both analog and digital, with your choice of km/hr or mph.

I'm sure that most any app for either iPhone or Android phones would work. I just searched Speedometer Widget and that's the first one that looked like what I wanted.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #1035

Confirmation

WOO HOO! I finally got the email asking me to verify color, name, and address. I hope that means I can finish paying soon and that my bike will be here before too much longer. I know they're working hard to get them out, but it sure feels like it's been a long time coming! Now that I consider it, I'll probably call them and give them my account information so the bike can be readied and sent without any delay.

I ordered at the very end of March, back when it said that the expected delivery date was April 15. I totally understand the delay, since I prefer a quality product delivered later over a piece of junk delivered before quality checks. I am definitely glad to be getting the bike soon though! I'm not cut out for months of driving during the nice weather!