Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #961

Heading home tomorrow from Mexico. I love it in Yucatán but it’s too damn hot here. The past two weeks have been an absolute cluster as far as the job goes. The sales dweeb down here needs an intervention and the tech is ready to jump ship, because of the sales dweeb. You guys have heard enough about our high quality product, so I won’t go there.

The new guy is an absolute keeper, though he did piss off Harold with his honesty. He took one look at the plumbing and wiring on these machines down here, which he calls rigging, and went ballistic. He told Harold about it over my phone and Harold did his “I have call coming in from Al” and hung up. That’s a Harold code word for “I don’t want to hear this so I’m hanging up.” Other Harold codes are, “I’m getting on a plane.”, which blew up in face with me recently because I was at the same ice cream place he was. He’ll text back that he’s on a conference call with Al and the sales guys, although I just got off the phone with Al before calling him. Good times.

So, this is the next to last work trip for me before June 30th. I’ve been unloading tools to coworkers. I’m considering selling my tools and toolbox at Beaufort to the new guy because I really have no place for it. He buys it and I don’t have to haul it back home. The tools and tool bags I brought Mexico are staying here for the tech. I’m still trying to find a home for the Fusion. July 1st, it becomes a Beaufort problem that will cost them $200 a month until it’s gone.

I’m looking forward to the sales meeting, which could be very loud, and I have a pretty strong suspicion that another reorganization will be following. The Field guys have just had it with our management team.

Although there is a possibility of pocketing some extra coin as an ‘Advisor’ in the future(the younger guys say ‘That old guy has some neat tricks’), I will be definitely be retired at the end of the month.

Who knows, maybe I’ll bore you some of my shenanigans from the late sixties and early seventies in the future.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Who knows, maybe I’ll bore you some of my shenanigans from the late sixties and early seventies in the future.
Yeah, it could be an entire prequel series. Like Better Call Saul was for Breaking Bad.

Possible thread title: "cheesy, the early years". Or "cheesy begins".
"Young cheesy, fresh out of school with the ink on his mechanical engineering diploma still wet, finds out what really goes on in the business world....."
"At the sock hop young cheesy is introduced to Doris*, the wild local party girl who, unbeknownst to either of them, is destined to become cheesy's wife. He invites her to the malt shop to chat."

Given that fcukwittery has existed throughout all of human history, it's amazing that civilization got this far.....I'm not sure if the aliens are engineering WW3 or are just sitting back with a bowl of popcorn to see what we do.

* A pseudonym
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 06-16-2022, 07:47 AM   #963

Hmmm. Doris* was never a ‘party girl’. The only diplomas I have are from high school and a hydraulics class I took almost 25 years ago.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-16-2022, 12:08 PM   #964

Quote:
Hmmm. Doris* was never a ‘party girl’. The only diplomas I have are from high school and a hydraulics class I took almost 25 years ago.
So you ended up in a no doubt well-paying job by the old school way, before degrees became pretty much mandatory. Hard work, common sense, mechanical ability. Sounds like that hydraulics class was a good investment.
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
So you ended up in a no doubt well-paying job by the old school way, before degrees became pretty much mandatory. Hard work, common sense, mechanical ability. Sounds like that hydraulics class was a good investment.
Welcome to my world. High School education yet I can repair just about any mechanical engine, build and repair computers , CAD drafting, Worked with both architects and engineered doing most of the designs and engineering. All this is self taught by asking a lot of question why and how thing are done. I figured it this way, if somebody else can do it, so can i. What's the worst that can happen? Screw it up half as bad as the guy with all the papers on the wall.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-17-2022, 06:45 AM   #966

Yessir, the School Of Hard Knocks. Best school out there.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-17-2022, 07:57 AM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Welcome to my world. High School education yet I can repair just about any mechanical engine, build and repair computers , CAD drafting, Worked with both architects and engineered doing most of the designs and engineering. All this is self taught by asking a lot of question why and how thing are done. I figured it this way, if somebody else can do it, so can i. What's the worst that can happen? Screw it up half as bad as the guy with all the papers on the wall.
Sounds to me like you fall into the category I like to call "smart redneck".

Old 06-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #968

Quote:
Sounds to me like you fall into the category I like to call "smart redneck".
I don't know about Redneck. Maybe a smart "Coon Azz" or "Cajun" as most of you Rednecks may say. I was brought up learning whatever you can whenever you can because you can't count on someone else to do it for you. Doing so got me through lots of hard times where others couldn't get a job because they only knew how to do one thing. It use to aggravate my daughter when she would ask me to do something for her and I would tell her no. But i can show you how to. Now she understands and can't wait to show me something new she learned how to do on her own.

Sorry Cheesy. Didn't mean to high jack your thread.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 06-17-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #969

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I don't know about Redneck. Maybe a smart "Coon Azz" or "Cajun" as most off you Rednecks may say. I was brought up learning whatever you can whenever you can because you can't count on someone else to do it for you. Doing so got me through lots of hard times where others couldn't get a job because they only knew how to do one thing. It use to aggravate my daughter when she would ask me to do something for her and I would tell her no. But i can show you how to. Now she understands and can't wait to show me something new she learned how to do on he own.

Sorry Cheesy. Didn't mean to high jack your thread.
The hijacking continues.....
Ok then, a redneck with hot sauce. No wait, that would be a Mexican. Cajun sauce.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:25 AM   #970

Hijack away.

Methinks shenanigans are afoot with the international management team. Rumors have been circulating that the reason for all of the field staff being required to attend the annual sales meeting is that there will be a 'major announcement'. Last time there was a 'major announcement', there were layoffs, Elgin got shut down, and Beaufort happened. The top rumor, from a couple of my conspiracy theory loving coworkers, is that we may have been sold to a competitor.

Hmmm, could be. Signs are there. Huge amount of sales on the books that we don't have the capacity to handle in the US. Hired a big shot from a competitor that's very involved in the entire workings of Beaufort, especially with the field guys. The owner of the company has gone dark. And both Al and Harold are seriously talking retirement and already seem to have one foot out the door. That's from two guys that wanted to die at their desks.

Could be all bullshit, too. Either way, 12 days to go.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-18-2022, 07:50 AM   #971

Quote:
Could be all bullshit, too. Either way, 12 days to go.
That's the spirit!

Luckily, the company was very dysfunctional right up to the time of your retirement, providing us with gobs of drama.....once they get things sorted out, it will be very boring. In desperation, we might now have to turn to fake reality TV shows for the drama fix.

So when is the sales meeting?

Old 06-18-2022, 06:57 PM   #972

Quote:
So when is the sales meeting?
Everyone starts arriving on the 27th. Dog and pony show, along with recriminations, starts the 28th and ends the 1st. I'm high tailing out mid day on the 30th.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #973

Quote:
Everyone starts arriving on the 27th. Dog and pony show, along with recriminations, starts the 28th and ends the 1st. I'm high tailing out mid day on the 30th.
Good plan. But keep us informed of the festivities up until the hour you check out.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #974

Can we get a livestream ?

Old 06-18-2022, 08:49 PM   #975

I'm picturing a giant free-for-all fight like when rival Chinese kung fu schools go at it in bad Taiwanese movies.

Cheesy, while filming, stay on the perimeter near an exit door.