Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #886

Supplements as i am getting back into working out in the gym.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 03-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #887

Another plane ticket to SC. Seems like I just got back home.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #888

New panniers on my E-bike

my bike trips to Papa Murphys is actually faster than getting in the car and finding a place to park. I recently took my mountain bike out and quickly figured out how hard it is to go up to 20mph on it. Or even try to sustain 20mph. With a simple input change on the LCD screen this bike will go about 24mph. A flying dove nailed me right on the chest going 20 and that was a shocker. Even the birds probably think hey whys that guy going so fast on his bike!

http://<iframe style="width:120px;he...color=ffffff">
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6563.jpg (92.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6568.jpg (91.7 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Musictrek; 03-10-2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added link

Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
I bought a mesh jacket and the shoulder and elbow pad upgrades from Revzilla.
This one: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-flux-air-jacket

It fits good and doesn't look bad. Hoping to have more protection than a T-shirt gives, now that we're already in summer here in FL.

It showed up today with 3 out of the 6 snaps on the elbows broken and missing. Now we're gonna see if Revzilla's customer service is as good as they claim to be.
Quick follow up:
Revzilla's customer service did really well. Emailed them a couple of photos and they sent me a new jacket and a prepaid shipping label for the old one.

The jacket is nice so far, but as soon as it showed up the weather cooled back down. Lots of good air flow! Should be nice for the summer.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #890

18 miles on E-bike

Gone 18 miles on the e-bike so far. Still got 75% battery life on mostly level 3 assist. Level 3 is still like zero effort. I'm just moving my legs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6570 (2).jpg (90.4 KB, 107 views)

Old 03-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
The e-bikes are definitely more expensive, but they can legally go places that a motorcycle cannot, like multi-use paths. They can sometimes be parked in doors.
I actually wanted an E-mountain bike with a Yamaha or Bosh direct drive motor that's right on the crank. But, I got the vibe that parks take a view on these as motorize vehicles and could face a ticket while doing so.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
I actually wanted an E-mountain bike with a Yamaha or Bosh direct drive motor that's right on the crank. But, I got the vibe that parks take a view on these as motorize vehicles and could face a ticket while doing so.
From rumblings I’ve heard, and felt, Washington state is in the process of, or have already enacted, bans of e-bikes on back country trails. No idea yet on mup trails.

I have a ‘sit back and watch’ opinion on e-bikes. I’m enjoying the technical advances made in the last five years and can appreciate how the bikes can aid those whose physical condition would otherwise keep them off of two wheels. On the other hand, I can imagine the S-storm if someone on an e-bike is involved in crash on a crowded mup trail, especially if a child is injured.

I know that if I were to ride one of my stinky Solexes on the local mup, at the very least I’d get a spendy ticket because of the big sign that says ‘No Motorized Vehicles’ and I would expect e-bikes to fall in that category. I do believe that a niche will be found, though, for mup use.

The above are mutterings of a “Curmudgeon In Training” and should only be taken as such.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #893

I ordered a 12 volt conversion for my 8N Ford tractor. Hopefully no more dead battery at the back side of the yard. Also better lights and ability to run the sprayer.

My Dad is wanting a 3 wheeled bike and I was looking at installing an electric motor so that he can get out. He can no longer balance on two wheels and runs out of steam quickly. Its all flat where he would be riding.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #894

Ordered 2 rolls of "Bulk Foam Filter, 60 ppi, 24 inch x 5 foot" from McMaster-Carr... one roll was 1 inch thick and the other was 1/2 inch thick

https://www.mcmaster.com/#foam-air-filters/=1bxlv5z

Have several air filtering projects that need to get done and this was the "least expensive" way to tackle all the projects

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:46 AM   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
I ordered a 12 volt conversion for my 8N Ford tractor. Hopefully no more dead battery at the back side of the yard. Also better lights and ability to run the sprayer.

My Dad is wanting a 3 wheeled bike and I was looking at installing an electric motor so that he can get out. He can no longer balance on two wheels and runs out of steam quickly. Its all flat where he would be riding.
Food for thought, kato. https://electricbikereview.com/guide...-ebike-motors/

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #896

It's not even 8 am here and I have already spent $27.60 on 5200 gallons of water.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
From rumblings I’ve heard, and felt, Washington state is in the process of, or have already enacted, bans of e-bikes on back country trails. No idea yet on mup trails.

I have a ‘sit back and watch’ opinion on e-bikes. I’m enjoying the technical advances made in the last five years and can appreciate how the bikes can aid those whose physical condition would otherwise keep them off of two wheels. On the other hand, I can imagine the S-storm if someone on an e-bike is involved in crash on a crowded mup trail, especially if a child is injured.

I know that if I were to ride one of my stinky Solexes on the local mup, at the very least I’d get a spendy ticket because of the big sign that says ‘No Motorized Vehicles’ and I would expect e-bikes to fall in that category. I do believe that a niche will be found, though, for mup use.

The above are mutterings of a “Curmudgeon In Training” and should only be taken as such.
A true advocate del diablo
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #898

Ben to go...speaking of water . Got this 1.5 L bladder for my arc jacket

https://www.amazon.com/AONIJIE-Hydra...+bladder&psc=1

Going out to big bend next week for 4 days and occurred to me , I may need some serious h2o in the desert.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115671
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
A true advocate del diablo
Or a Cranky Old Fart.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 AM   #900

Apparently, a lot of east coast turnpike tolls.

When the shop was in Elgin, I covered all the shop vehicles I-Pass transponders through my budget, which rarely totaled $150 a year.

A new sales dude ended up with one of my old trucks with an IPass transponder in it and has racked up $180 in two weeks! We've had a little discussion about that. He's getting his own EZ-Pass.

Good thing is that our new CFO isn't a nit pickin' troll like the last one was. Old one would have flung accusations without any knowledge of how high the tolls are in that part of the US.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800