Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2017, 11:25 PM   #76

Doh!

Culcune,

The guy I've been dealing there with seems to be on top of stuff. He's trying to determine the year of the storms he has in stock. I'm looking for the 2017 model though I'm not sure what the difference is, if any between the 2016s and the 2017s. I wanted a brozz, but they appear to be sold out. Everyone is saying that the next shipment may not be until fall, hence me looking for the next best thing, the storm.

I still have the hawk that I bought on the 15 of march. Still no title for that bike. PSM also owes me a seat since mine got damaged in shipping and a claim was filed, but still haven't seen any movement on their end as of yet. They keep stringing me along probably hoping I'll go away. I know the part is available because I contacted RSP and they told me they had one. If they keep it up they will find themselves dealing with my cc company since they've lied to me every step of the way either in emails or on the phone, which I have records of. I have a feeling that's my next course of action with them.

My cc company said to gather up all the emails between myself and them, and forward them when ready.

The customer service and after the sale support just plain sucks there. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy to them.

To anyone reading this go elsewhere. Save yourself the headache.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:35 PM   #77

The brozz is what I wanted but are now as rare as hens teeth... lol

Good luck with it!

Old 04-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #78

I think you should stop dealing with them regarding the seat...get your money back! There are no '17s; at least there are no '17s listed on the EPA site. Bikes are not like cars when it comes to certification and model years. Well, they are the same, but it seems that bike manufacturers keep getting certification for bikes that are mid-year, or sometimes later, into the year. If they are correct about fall (they are rarely correct about anything related to bike arrivals) those will be 2017 models.My guess is the Storms they drop-ship will either be '16 or leftover '15s.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2017, 12:16 AM   #79

The bikes do come on a slow boat from China...

Old 04-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #80

'Slow boat from china" haha

2015 still around ?! Wow! It does sound like it was that popular of a model for dealers to still have 2015s laying around. I'll find out tomorrow what year these bikes are.

Some dealers are now trying to pedal a hawk2 which is supposedly street legal in all states, so one must assume that there being manufactured by another company... wonder who that is...?

You could tell by the first three letter in the VIN, but that would be hard to get since the bikes are drop shipped and the sellers rarely know much about the bikes other than what the generic description states. Seems like all the bikes have the same description.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #81

Just found this site regarding the brozz

https://m.alibaba.com/product/600163...specifications

Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
Just found this site regarding the brozz

https://m.alibaba.com/product/600163...specifications
Trouble is, unless someone is already importing THAT particular bike, I highly doubt it would have an EPA cert. Thereby making it illegal to register. :(

My best advice is to look into purchasing a Shark (18B) through Alan @ Excalibur. I got the impression from him when I was buying my Brozz that there were plenty, and although you won't get the inverted forks, the rest of the bike is very close in design, feature wise. Plus it's $90.00 cheaper

Check this out.....sshevie's thread on his new Shark. It's a damn sexy bike.

http://http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18553&highlight=Shark

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I went with the Brozz. I really like the more on-rode tires, and the digital speedo.
YES!!! That's one more! congrats!

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 04-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #84

Here's another link that show various models of Chinese bikes out there, whether they're street legal or not... who knows

Fun to look at anyway

https://m.alibaba.com/showroom/250cc...0312.36.I1xokp

Old 04-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #85

Bigweld,

We should all pool our money together to create a Chinese bike mega distribution center and show these fly by night companies how it's done, actually offering sales, support and parts after the sale.

... it's nice to dream

Old 04-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #86

RPS, who distribute the Hawk and Magician, are as close to what you are talking about, right now. At least with the Hawk and getting parts; however, they cannot sell retail so we are all stuck finding the most reliable vendor.

As far as 2015 models, I doubt they go back that far. But, keep in mind, a distributor might have 'overpaid' for a shipment of bikes back then, while a competitor (i.e. RPS and the Hawk as an example) coincidentally brought in and started offering a bike which ends up at the dealer level several hundred dollars cheaper. It would take a while to sell off your stock even at the lowest bargain-basement price you can offer dealers if a popular bike is still selling decently for lower cost.

The Hawk 2 sounds like a sales pitch, and my guess is possibly the few Hawks offered through different distributors. For instance, there is a company called Cougar Sports or something like that, who distribute scooters and manufacture a few of their own, offer the Hawk and have offered it as the 'Cougar Hawk' or something like that. Here it is on their wholesale site (not called the 'Cougar Hawk' anymore) https://www.cougarcycle.com/dirt-bik...-street-legal/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #87

Bigweld,

We should all pool our money together to create a Chinese bike mega distribution center and show these fly by night companies how it's done, actually offering sales, support and parts after the sale.

... it's nice to dream

Old 04-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #88

That's strange! Why did my post show up twice? Hmmm

My guess is that some of the shady dealers will try anything to get rid of old stock. It's funny how some dealers advertise 12 month warranties on the motor. They may as well say 5 years because they'll never back it up. Once they get your money they move on to the next sucker.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
RPS, who distribute the Hawk and Magician, are as close to what you are talking about, right now. At least with the Hawk and getting parts; however, they cannot sell retail so we are all stuck finding the most reliable vendor.

As far as 2015 models, I doubt they go back that far. But, keep in mind, a distributor might have 'overpaid' for a shipment of bikes back then, while a competitor (i.e. RPS and the Hawk as an example) coincidentally brought in and started offering a bike which ends up at the dealer level several hundred dollars cheaper. It would take a while to sell off your stock even at the lowest bargain-basement price you can offer dealers if a popular bike is still selling decently for lower cost.

The Hawk 2 sounds like a sales pitch, and my guess is possibly the few Hawks offered through different distributors. For instance, there is a company called Cougar Sports or something like that, who distribute scooters and manufacture a few of their own, offer the Hawk and have offered it as the 'Cougar Hawk' or something like that. Here it is on their wholesale site (not called the 'Cougar Hawk' anymore) https://www.cougarcycle.com/dirt-bik...-street-legal/
Apparently available in Yellow now, too? Pffft hahahahaha

Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #90

What? ... no orange?!