Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Yes that is it.Sorry I have no computer skills.
That's okay. Thanks for helping.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
. also do you know what kind of power the emissions stuff takes? is it worth taking off the bike? ...
Barlow, I hope you took no offense to my post. It wasn't meant as such. I would hate to see you spend $$$ on something that no one here has had luck with so far, trying to make your bike go faster.

That's nice that you have a replaceable header pipe, minus cat! Every CB I've had, including all the Hondoids, have had it in the muffler and it's a horrid task to remove.

From what I've found, the air pump doesn't rob any power,. It just opens a valve to inject air into the exhaust, to toss fresh oxygen on the cat when you're wide open throttle to burn the extra HC and CO that comes through. I left mine on the bike after I removed the cat, but put a bb in the vac line and blocked off the injector tube. I leave it on for CA paranoia. If they ever decide to get super strict here, at least it looks like it works.

If you ever get a different muffler with fiber glass packing, and don't block off the air injection, it will cook your glass packing quickly.

If anyone has any other info on this or I may be incorrect, please share.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
BARLOW thank you for putting the correct link up for the head pipe.
you are welcome, if not for you, i would not have found that pipe, and i think i may get one later this week

Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #79

I see they also have a header pipe for my "DB-03-200"... but the pic is horrible and I can't tell if it has a "Cat" or "Restrictions" of any kind after the bend...

http://parts.powersportsbest.com/ind...-03-250cc.html

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 AM   #80

where can you order parts for this bike? I was wanting to buy this rack and modify it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachmentEL4L5TRE.jpg (84.6 KB, 371 views)

Old 03-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #81

well, i have been trying to figure out why people are telling me there hawk is running so much faster than my storm when they have the same size engine ... it would seem that we are reasonably smart people here, so why has it not occurred to us that the rim/tire size could have a lot to do with it, or at least it makes sense to me, at the same engine rpm with the same size sprockets, the larger rim/tire size would make the hawk go faster, right?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #82

Quote:
well, i have been trying to figure out why people are telling me there hawk is running so much faster than my storm when they have the same size engine ... it would seem that we are reasonably smart people here, so why has it not occurred to us that the rim/tire size could have a lot to do with it, or at least it makes sense to me, at the same engine rpm with the same size sprockets, the larger rim/tire size would make the hawk go faster, right?
Definitely, does the Storm have significantly smaller tires than the hawk?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #83

not only the rim size, the hawk knobbies are gnarly. a bigger out side diameter than the dp tires.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
where can you order parts for this bike? I was wanting to buy this rack and modify it.
maybe you can get adam to get some extra racks shipped over with the new 250 Magician.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
i have no clue where to buy parts without going to the place i ordered my bike ... there are a lot on ebay though, dont know if this exact one is there or not

Old 03-30-2016, 01:24 PM   #86

Quote:
what sprockets are stock on the storm? is it the same 15/50 as the hawk?

Old 03-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
what sprockets are stock on the storm? is it the same 15/50 as the hawk?
17/45 came stock

Old 03-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #88

I find my parts on ebay or rarely amazon. Most of the parts sites charge double plus shipping.
Poop happens

Old 03-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #89

Quote:
17/45 came stock
Must be to offset the tire diameter difference. based on what we're doing to the hawk, you need to go to a 19/40 or something there around. of course the 19 probably won't clear in the front. can you get a 40 rear though?

Old 03-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #90

I over-geared my Q at one point when I was building up the "mod ladder". It wouldn't push my 200lbs as well at speed in 5th gear, though 1st through 4th was longer legged and more useful. I dropped a tooth on my countershaft and it reved higher, but I picked up about 5 mph on the top end in 5th because it stayed in the powerband.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350