Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #76

Whether or not you run an oil cooler is totally up to you ,if it is a stock engine internally then you probably don't "need" it ., but they do help .might want to try using a good Hi Temp RTV silicone to help seal the leaking bit before giving up on it but thats just a suggestion, unless you have a heavily modified motor ,or do a lot of "stuck in traffic" riding in a very hot area of the States you can certainly get by without it.No one loves an oil leak , but having owned HD's for a number of years I have gotten used to the occasional spot of oil here and there, unless it's a significant leak it isn't really hurting anything, i sort of think of it as my Sporty "marking its territory" lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Whether or not you run an oil cooler is totally up to you ,if it is a stock engine internally then you probably don't "need" it ., but they do help .might want to try using a good Hi Temp RTV silicone to help seal the leaking bit before giving up on it but thats just a suggestion, unless you have a heavily modified motor ,or do a lot of "stuck in traffic" riding in a very hot area of the States you can certainly get by without it.No one loves an oil leak , but having owned HD's for a number of years I have gotten used to the occasional spot of oil here and there, unless it's a significant leak it isn't really hurting anything, i sort of think of it as my Sporty "marking its territory" lol !
Ya it's only like one drop oil a day, not to bad. I'm changing the oil today(now) I think I'm going to try new gasket or I do have some hi temp silicon

Last edited by Chinabike; 08-11-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #78

ugh still leaking one drop after every rider from this spot even after i put a new gasket on. I don't know if i can deal with even a little leak. ha! Oil cooler might go bye now.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:21 PM   #79

Looks like you ran into the same thing I did, when i went to mock up my oil cooler ,i noticed that the plate hangs over into the spark plug hole a good bit ,I haven't put it on yet because i am still fabbing the brackets for the radiator part but I'm either going to have to do a lot of grinding on that plate, or change my stock spark plug boot out, or both, I don't see how I'm going to get the plug boot back on otherwise, the adapter plate overhangs too far.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #80

Is it possible to easy out the broken bolt, drill up 1 size, tap, chase threads then heli coil? then you have a 2nd head ready for port, polish, valve job etc. Will having the air filter out in the breeze create too much turbulence? or can one of those vortex angled vane deals help spin in MO POWER!!!???

Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #81

Quote:
Looks like you ran into the same thing I did, when i went to mock up my oil cooler ,i noticed that the plate hangs over into the spark plug hole a good bit ,I haven't put it on yet because i am still fabbing the brackets for the radiator part but I'm either going to have to do a lot of grinding on that plate, or change my stock spark plug boot out, or both, I don't see how I'm going to get the plug boot back on otherwise, the adapter plate overhangs too far.
Ya that's what I was talking about when I though my plug was not seated. A few posts below.
The socket barely fit because of that hangover on the plate. The stock plug boot will fit with that plate but I changed my stock spark plug boot and it wouldn't fit without some modifying to the rubber top on boot.

But the plate leaks still.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #82

Quote:
Ya that's what I was talking about when I though my plug was not seated. *note.** On the other thread about my hesitation problem.

The socket barely fit because of that hangover on the plate. The stock plug boot will fit with that plate but I changed my stock spark plug boot and it wouldn't fit without some modifying to the rubber top on boot.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #83

Installed a new shock, made a video.
Love the shock it feels so much better, a lot more stiffer.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #84

The part I have been waiting for to install my rear shock is due in middle to end of this coming week, so I am about to have to do this same thing, man I hate having to strip all the plastics off but aint no way around it. I guess I'm dreading it because while I have them all off I have a lot of other things I need to do , my other fork brace is also showing about to be delivered so i am going to have to do the oil cooler install, i have a new plug wire to put on, take all the emissions off and replace all the fuel lines, and also install the carb spinner, carb, and new air filter plus of course the rear shock and new mud guard . I'm gettin' tired just thinkin' about it lmao!

Nice video and the new shock looks great !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #85

Quote:
The part I have been waiting for to install my rear shock is due in middle to end of this coming week, so I am about to have to do this same thing, man I hate having to strip all the plastics off but aint no way around it. I guess I'm dreading it because while I have them all off I have a lot of other things I need to do , my other fork brace is also showing about to be delivered so i am going to have to do the oil cooler install, i have a new plug wire to put on, take all the emissions off and replace all the fuel lines, and also install the carb spinner, carb, and new air filter plus of course the rear shock and new mud guard . I'm gettin' tired just thinkin' about it lmao!

Nice video and the new shock looks great !
The shock is so much better, you will see! Ya i feel you on taking plastic off. I had the shock for awhile now but i was waiting to install it till i got my new oil cooler in for china, taking forever so i said fk it and Installed the shock. So i'm going to have to take off plastics again soon for the cooler hopefully last time for awhile. But i'm pretty fast now at taking the plastics off, but i don't have as much as the Vader.

Oh i ordered one of those fork braces, ill prob get it in 7 month, what way is front?

Old 08-27-2018, 08:20 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Oh i ordered one of those fork braces, ill prob get it in 7 month, what way is front?

As with most parts ordered from China ,it came with ZERO instructions.,but when you get it you will see that it is "angled" so that there really isn't but one way it will fit so it's pretty fool proof, just fit it so you are tightening the screws from the top and you'll be good to go .

I finally got my GoPro ( hopefully) sorted out so if it doesn't pour down the rain today I'll try to put up a video and show how i have mine oriented,if it does rain i'll try to at least run out there and snap a pic with that low resolution Kindle Fire and post that .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #87

Quote:
As with most parts ordered from China ,it came with ZERO instructions.,but when you get it you will see that it is "angled" so that there really isn't but one way it will fit so it's pretty fool proof, just fit it so you are tightening the screws from the top and you'll be good to go .

I finally got my GoPro ( hopefully) sorted out so if it doesn't pour down the rain today I'll try to put up a video and show how i have mine oriented,if it does rain i'll try to at least run out there and snap a pic with that low resolution Kindle Fire and post that .

Ya pic good be good. Thx RedCrowRides

Old 08-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #88

Okays here are a couple of shots of how my Fork Brace is installed .

Name:  heatshield 006.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  93.1 KBName:  heatshield 007.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  95.8 KB
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #89

Hellcat vs. Llama

Last edited by Chinabike; 12-23-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:48 AM   #90

[QUOTE=RedCrowRides;289160]Okays here are a couple of shots of how my Fork Brace is installed .

The brace didn't fit the Hellcat forks, to small. I had to grind it to make it work.