Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
What about parts for the Zongshen TT250? Supermoto wheels, better carb, performance intake, LED headlight?
It is possible yes.....................But I found that the owners of this type of bike (Hawk 250 etc etc) do not spend much or any money and my shipping is expensive.

The CSC TT250 has an uncommon front hub which I doubt I can buy in China yet if I could yes I could make a wheel, rear should be easier as hub generic
These bikes are too old fashioned for China mostly - only Honda sells this style now and it is and was just an export bike so next to no panel parts sold in China.
Carb upgrade and CDI/Ign coil easy enough and infact a decent power motor upgrade is all easy enough as it is generic etc.
They have the old old push rod motor not the OHC and there are a couple more powerful engines that would fit like a 230cc or 249cc OHC then add carb coil etc.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #77

How much would a 249 OHC with carb & coil go for? If it could be shipped with ported heads, extra jets & spare gaskets then it might be worth it. I'm in Canada, we're used to expensive shipping.

Supermoto wheels are too expensive, some cost more then a CB does new. It would be nice if we could get supermoto wheels for CB at Chinese prices. Then it would be worthwhile to put them on CBs.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
How much would a 249 OHC with carb & coil go for? If it could be shipped with ported heads, extra jets & spare gaskets then it might be worth it. I'm in Canada, we're used to expensive shipping.

Supermoto wheels are too expensive, some cost more then a CB does new. It would be nice if we could get supermoto wheels for CB at Chinese prices. Then it would be worthwhile to put them on CBs.

Email or Skype me plz

Old 09-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Hi mate
Rim is 19 inch by 2.15 inch which is the same width as stock.
Are you asking rim and spoke prices only? Please email me bud as I can work with you and send it while I am in the USA if needed
Complete wheel assembly. I'll keep the steel rim wheel for a different tread type tire. Already have a 4.00-18 Kenda K270 for the original wheel.

How about a complete wheel with your brake upgrade when it is ready. Would there be a discount for both? I've already installed the CSC front brake upgrade, a significant improvement, but still could be better.

Price it both ways, please.

Adventure tire tread patterns are high speed wet tire treads with expanded gaps between the flat spots, maybe a little taller. Remember, adventure tires were originally designed for the Paris to Dakar event, which included expressways and the Sahara, so the tires had to compromise here and there to cover both extremes. I don't go that fast so I can choose less compromising treads, good universal treads for mostly paved roads, occasional dirt, then cruiser treads and heavier ply ratings for longer tours, then knobbies for rides with significant dirt sections. Extra wheels don't go to waste.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:59 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Complete wheel assembly. I'll keep the steel rim wheel for a different tread type tire. Already have a 4.00-18 Kenda K270 for the original wheel.

How about a complete wheel with your brake upgrade when it is ready. Would there be a discount for both? I've already installed the CSC front brake upgrade, a significant improvement, but still could be better.

Price it both ways, please.

Adventure tire tread patterns are high speed wet tire treads with expanded gaps between the flat spots, maybe a little taller. Remember, adventure tires were originally designed for the Paris to Dakar event, which included expressways and the Sahara, so the tires had to compromise here and there to cover both extremes. I don't go that fast so I can choose less compromising treads, good universal treads for mostly paved roads, occasional dirt, then cruiser treads and heavier ply ratings for longer tours, then knobbies for rides with significant dirt sections. Extra wheels don't go to waste.

How about I send it from Utah? Look up the USPS or UPS from Salt lake city area?
The disc is a fair bit off ready - need to change some design things in the center as the holes are too small and I do not have a bracket as yet etc.
How ever the outer part of the disc and buttons holding t together are stock and if you want I could add 1 disc with the not correct yet center (can be used for now tho) to the wheel and this would save maybe shipping weight later?
I can surely send the wheel from Utah and anything else if that suits you mate.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #81

Nc 300cc

Would this help for Mods etc?
Anyone tried or an equal to this unit?
AJP runs Delphi EFi and NC250 etc

http://electronicjetkit.com/DirtBike...number=8110061

Old 09-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
How about I send it from Utah? Look up the USPS or UPS from Salt lake city area?
The disc is a fair bit off ready - need to change some design things in the center as the holes are too small and I do not have a bracket as yet etc.
How ever the outer part of the disc and buttons holding t together are stock and if you want I could add 1 disc with the not correct yet center (can be used for now tho) to the wheel and this would save maybe shipping weight later?
I can surely send the wheel from Utah and anything else if that suits you mate.
Let's keep it simple. Between dain bramage from landing on my head at 65mph on concrete , an abusive older brother parents allowed to bash my head for 17 years, and bad DNA, I'll screw something up otherwise. I'll buy the whole package when you get it together. The engineering, quality, and services of the packages I've received from you already has been excellent. I don't expect that you'll change any of that. When the wheel and brake is ready as a complete kit I'll buy the first package. Just text me and PayPal will deliver the bucks. Winter is coming so I'll have a few nasty weather days to do the upgrades. Right now I'm riding all I can while the weather lasts.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #83

Elegance can be had for the RX3
What do you guys think? This is the more suttel style.
Various patterns are available too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7EF0AF12-0438-4246-84FF-A236233B0A7F.jpg (9.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg B9D6AD9D-85E0-4FEE-85F3-0B41E91776D2.jpg (11.0 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg 8A8C1BBA-2555-4969-A2F5-1E3EF9CA41A6.jpg (14.4 KB, 198 views)

Old 09-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #84

Price? Seems for the price of seats and covers that are actual improvements these days I can buy a used commercial upholstery machine and do my own. Thanks, Harley riders.

Comfort improvement? Last couple of highly recommended "improvements" I've tried might look better, make a little difference, but fact is, still giant failures due to the fashion seat design.

Thinking about whacking off the rear subframe and building a new one that will accommodate a conventional old school motorcycle seat. Sad, but apparently the only solution to Roxy's poorly designed fashion statement rump.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #85

I saw somewhere a picture of someone… (damn, my memory) who joined both parts of the seat, re padded it, made a new upholstery and then voila! A one piece, flatter seat. And one that can be removed in one step with the key only, no tools.
Might try that some day …

Old 09-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #86

Don't tempt me, but making the seat one piece sounds like a grand idea. Problem is, my legs are way to short for the kicked up subframe if the seat was flat. I'll have to do something with the subframe.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #87

Please, don't go the angle grinder way

Old 09-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #88

Angle grinder? Man, I've seen lots of really nasties done with angle grinders. I have a couple sizes of circular saws that take blades similar to angle grinders. They are even nastier.

Now that the idea of modifying bases has come up, I really just need to make the front part where one sits a couple inches longer, the pillion part just a bit shorter, or maybe just convert it to a luggage rack. 10 cm would be awesome.

Thinking about just redoing the foam in the OEM seat. Whacking completely the front and back vertical parts for space, cutting some stiff foam rubber to raise and flatten the sway. Maybe that would be enough. Making the base one piece would make maintenance easier. Making a trunk with tiedowns to fit over the back lid that used to be the pillion since that I don't have.

Problem is the older I get the more I forget, and since I forget to bring this computer from the truck how the heck am I supposed to remember all these great ideas????

Old 09-24-2018, 11:51 PM   #89

Would the RX3S or RX4 one piece seat works?!

Old 09-25-2018, 01:07 AM   #90

Not as great as I had hoped
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat 2.jpg (89.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Seat1.jpg (89.2 KB, 190 views)