Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #76

To clear it up--Excalibur will sell directly to consumers if they do not have a dealer geographically close to them--it might be something like 50 or 100 miles. There is a dealer somewhere in Wisconsin, I believe, but you have to call them and they will check using your zip code. Also, not all the dealers carry all of Excalibur's products; they might carry the HiSun UTVs from Excalibur, but not the TMEC. Otherwise, if the brick and mortar dealer sells near enough to you, Excalibur will not sell directly to you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #77

Same way here.. Just for primarily pavement fun with an occasional off road adventure. I know I am not doing business with riders wholesale.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #78

if you go to excalibur website, they have a little "info" box. you can fill it out asking if they have a dealer in your area.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
To clear it up--Excalibur will sell directly to consumers if they do not have a dealer geographically close to them--it might be something like 50 or 100 miles. There is a dealer somewhere in Wisconsin, I believe, but you have to call them and they will check using your zip code. Also, not all the dealers carry all of Excalibur's products; they might carry the HiSun UTVs from Excalibur, but not the TMEC. Otherwise, if the brick and mortar dealer sells near enough to you, Excalibur will not sell directly to you.
Thanks culcune.. gonna check that now. I'm pretty sure the TMEC 200 is the bike I want. I appreciate all your helpful input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
if you go to excalibur website, they have a little "info" box. you can fill it out asking if they have a dealer in your area.
Heading there right now. Thanks!

Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #80

my bike was shipped yesterday! today he sent me some pics and a video!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6332.jpg (18.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6335.jpg (15.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6338.jpg (16.6 KB, 93 views)

Old 07-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #81

Quote:
my bike was shipped yesterday! today he sent me some pics and a video!!
Sweet!!! I see you got yours with the knobbies! Please do a review on those tires for road.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #82

here is the video. couldn't figure out the whole converting thing to get it to play in this window…

SpudRider edited your post so the video is embedded.

Last edited by SpudRider; 07-03-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattybikejones View Post
Sweet!!! I see you got yours with the knobbies! Please do a review on those tires for road.
yeah ill have to get one of those cameras everyone has on their helmet, heck i have to get a helmet first. ill let you know what i think of the tires. the street version would probably have suited me better, but I'm partial to the knobby look and the larger front tire… i see thru tracking the order, its still in LA but will be here within ten days. TEN LONG DAYS!!

Last edited by footer; 07-02-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #84

Cool to see it with the knobbies! I hear you on the knobbies vs. street tires but you will be better off for trails and dirt roads.

Ten days is a long time to wait for 'Christmas.' My proximity to Chino, Cal. is only about 250 miles or so; I ordered my bike on a Friday, and it was delivered by that Monday! But it took me a while to put everything in order and together, in spite of already owning the same bike and using it for side by side reference! Yours is ready to roll!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #85

Quote:
I wasn't clear if you got the same knobbies or the street tires...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #86

Quote:
Ten days is a long time to wait for 'Christmas.'
well WITHIN 10 days. may be sooner… I'm sure ill be checking the package tracker every few hours! lol i bet i have watched the video 50 times already. haha.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #87

Quote:
I wasn't clear if you got the same knobbies or the street tires...
I got the motardo street tires. footer is having his delivered soon..I think he ordered his bike with the knobbies. I am thinking which I should choose. I suppose I do live in the city. I plan to use this bike for a commuter, round town grabber as well as an adventure tool. I guess the motard would be best.
I have to take a look an see what knobular tires would run for my bike down the line.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #88

Quote:
well WITHIN 10 days. may be sooner… I'm sure ill be checking the package tracker every few hours! lol i bet i have watched the video 50 times already. haha.
Post some pics once it arrives. I can't wait for the day myselF

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #89

Quote:
I got the motardo street tires. footer is having his delivered soon..I think he ordered his bike with the knobbies. I am thinking which I should choose. I suppose I do live in the city. I plan to use this bike for a commuter, round town grabber as well as an adventure tool. I guess the motard would be best.
I have to take a look an see what knobular tires would run for my bike down the line.
im not the best to answer this, but from what i learned - if you get the street edition, it comes with 17 inch tires, and can't get the knobby unless you buy different (bigger) rims as well. with the dirt bike style / 21in front, 18 in rear, you can get dual tires that are less knobby?? but you can also buy more aggressive street tires than it comes with I'm sure. you can buy extra set of rims and keep one set for off road and one for on, which i may do eventually… but I'm sure other people can tell you more. look back on mychinamoto forum - i made a thread on tire preferences under modifications. people kinda explained it all to me.

i just like the look of the bigger / knobby tires. plus i live in a small town so no big speeds needed - and the atv trail is only two blocks from my house. plan on taking it out to a friends farm down the trail a lot to ride in the woods. plan to at least. i also have hounds i need to take running out there. so may buy a trailer hitch carrier so i can take the dogs and the bike. then they can chase me through the woods! was going to start a thread to see ways people travel with their bikes. the hitch carrier would work good for me because i have the dog box taking up most of my truck bed, but also looks like it would bounce around a lot. something like this…http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hitch-Haul...ystem/24093683

Old 07-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #90

21"/18" are far more 'universal' when it comes to finding tires. I have seen some of the '09 TMECs with what appear to be 17/17" knobbies, but they might have been 18"/18" knobbies, as well as a video put out by Excalibur on youtube with one '09 bike that has the far more traditional 21"/18" enduro tires (not as 'knobbly' looking)

You can also see the bikes had different colored rims, but were simplified in '13 to be the silver rims for the new bikes. Also, the '09 came in white which is not available.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150