Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #76

I haven't look it over real well, but most of the parts have rust or dings or something.

The bike only has 10K on it.

Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #77

1st. good ride since I sold my chinabike.
Jetting is very close now. The ride was cold and short, but the bike ran flawlessly. Other things to do on it now, but sure looks like I'll have a good, strong ride for the summer. Today was a gooooooood day good riding to all and to all a good night. N2r.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #78

About 2' snow everywhere...but I can see pavement...and gravel .
About 3 more weeks before 2 wheeler season for me.
My co-worker has put on 5 miles ( 1/2 mile rountrips ) on his new 08 crf 230 L...He lives next to the highway though.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 05-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #79

First bad experience with ebay.
Bought a headlght bucket and it was delivered today. It's not the one in the picture. This one is not useable. The damage isn't where it is in the picture, and where the rim mounts to the bucket, the tab is just gone. I could post a pic but it's obvious they stuck the wrong on in the box. I called the toll free # but they were short staffed, so they said.
"We will get back to you by end of business Saturday." I emailed a pic with what they sent, and and what they advertised, all in one pic with arrows and stuff. I hope they make good, but I reallydon't feel good about this one at all. They gave me good feedback when they cashed my cheque, and before I got the part. They have a great rating. BUT :( I just wanted the bucket. :(

On top of that, they included the shipping on the part's value, I had to pay duty tax on the part and the shipping.
Part+shipping+handling+ import tax on the whole thing. $55, and a NOS bucket in perfect condition just went for $49. Feeling kinda glum/n2r :(

Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #80

My friend, that sucks. If you need a bucket to ride, I can send you mine-- It's ugly, but it'll hold the headlight in until you can find a decent one... I assume '72 and '74 would be the same...

--Vince the inVince-able.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #81

Thanks!....but no... I'm set and safe.
Just tryen to hammer down the details. I won't go into what I've done. It's quicker to say what hasn't been renewed. Mine would have lasted the season, but because of the cracking around the rim, it wasn't near rain tight.(ok, truth, it has little cracks, they drive me crazy and I'm looking for perfection on a shoestring budget)

I don't care how the company makes up for their mistake. They have other good stuff they could send to make me happy As long as they don't hang me out to dry for their mistake. If they make ammends, I'll post their name.

I tell ya just changing 2 teeth on the rear sprocket makes a huge difference. Like 6th gear for highway. You might look at a 34 tooth once you get that beast plated for your girl, Vince. Way more travel in the lower gears. Power comes from near the top end of the powerband. Tap the throttle at 6000rpm's and hold on. 55mph in 4th gear no problems. 8O . The real bonus is turning left at a stop light, 1st takes you all the way through the turn. 8) I don't know how but I've got 550 miles on the bike already. If I ride hard enough I could put 36 years of miles on it this season/ The season is just around the corner, get fixen

Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #82

Does it take the same headlight as the CB550? I've got a plastic headlight for one of those around somehwere...

Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #83

If it's plastic, and it has HM16-M stamped on it yes, for sure. It should have something stamped on it? These Ebay guys might come through, and I'll give them the opportunity to make good, but if it's laying around then please take a look, but I don't want to be a bother. If you're looking for gas money, and don't need the part then take a ya I'm interested.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #84

The Ebay store said they are gonna issue a check for $25. I'm out $55, with shipping, cost of money order, handling fees, and I had to pay duty tax. But if I get the $25 back for the headlight bucket I'll bew happy. The unuseable one they sent me had the really cool highbeam indicator and I get to keep it. They go for about $12 - $19 anyway. I'll post the store name when the cheque cashes.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #85

I'll check it out tonight.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #86

Old 05-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #87

It's HM-20M. I don't know if that means it won't work or not.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #88

Ya I think its a different size.
Thanks for trying Kawazacky. Used, they aren't too expensive, when they come up on ebay. New they are more like $50 +++shipping.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #89

A link to my latest bike pic.
Warning, "May contain dogs".
Hope you like it. N2r.
http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=8280

Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #90

Not sure if you got a rack or not? if not is this the right one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...em350077747167