Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I ordered this. I just wanted something to get Mrs 2LZ through break-in, more than anything. She's always had a tach on her other bikes and is used to using them. It got decent reviews and seemed like it would do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm starting to think buying one of these CB's is like when you buy a house - you have all kinds of other stuff to buy that goes with it like curtains, painting and painting supplies, furniture, landscaping, other décor type stuff, etc. It is fun though.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #2

Well, I tore into the TT again last night. I know there's been mention here elsewhere of the Hawk having a removable baffle(?). I was really hoping the TT250 was the same way but alas....not to be. It's the same welded up bazooka setup as all my other CB's, since my Hensim's. Maybe it's a "50 state" thing? So much for just removing the cat and "reformatting" the baffle on the stock muffler. Looks like a whole new pipe is in order down the road. I just need it to be USFS Approved and not be too loud.

Also, anyone who's had their seat off....was your CDI just sitting there? It has the (guaranteed to fail) rubber strap around it but it's not hung on the hook. I was just wondering if others were like that. I left it where it sat. Seems safe enough.

Reason for taking off the seat...and tank....is I was installing the little tach last night. I tried just to feed the pickup wire under the tank and got the damn thing snagged on something and couldn't pull it out! I didn't want to tug too hard so I decided to disassemble. Ended up getting hooked on the fuel gauge sender. Glad I didn't tug on it. Anyway, should be able to finish that tonight. I'll get a pic when I'm done. I will say the tank fits nicely and it's not like the old days where you have to make sure you don't snag any wires in the mount grommets. Lots of room under there and the mounts are way forward. Nice touch.

All in all, I'm fairly impressed with this "next generation" CB. It seems they took an older design and worked out all the bugs. Everything fit well and the plastics seem pretty high quality. The Hawk is also probably like this but I was impressed with how the seat hooked not only on the front, but also on the rear. It really seats down snug, even prior to putting in the mount bolts. All the side plastics plugged into little rubber grommets (like Q) and took just one bolt to hold it in place. Seems well thought-out.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #3

That exhaust is very quiet at idle and when you get on the throttle it is a little louder but much deeper than stock. Just keep the throttle low and it's not loud at all.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #4

So you guys that have received your TT250's, do you feel a new spark plug is needed for it like everyone says about the Hawks and Storms? Or is the spark plug it comes with good?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
So you guys that have received your TT250's, do you feel a new spark plug is needed for it like everyone says about the Hawks and Storms? Or is the spark plug it comes with good?
Does it have an Iridium Spark Plug? If not, I would upgrade it... it's only $5 - $10 for a Denso or NGK Iridium after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Does it have an Iridium Spark Plug? If not, I would upgrade it... it's only $5 - $10 for a Denso or NGK Iridium after all
Yeah, might as well, huh?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #7

Iridium Spark Plugs help in a lot of areas they: Foul less often, usually improve MPG and acceleration, last several years and usually up to 50,000 - 100,000 miles before needing replaced... it's well worth the price

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #8

I forgot to post, I called in the other day to pay the balance for my bike and they said I was "in the next few" to be prepped, so I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear back from them. That'd be really cool to get a custom plate, maybe I'll look into it...

Current: CSC TT250

Old 06-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #9

insurance

I'm trying to sign up for insurance at Progressives web site. Adding the CSC TT250 to my policy with my other 2 bikes.

They don't have CSC as a manufacturer in the pull down list, nor do they have Zongshen.

What are folks using?

Mike

Old 06-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I'm trying to sign up for insurance at Progressives web site. Adding the CSC TT250 to my policy with my other 2 bikes.

They don't have CSC as a manufacturer in the pull down list, nor do they have Zongshen.

What are folks using?

Mike
When I called Progressive to get an idea of how much to plan for with the TT250, it wasn't in their system but the rep I spoke to was able to use the CSC website and my description of the bike to come up with a preliminary figure. She actually gave me the option of continuing my old bike's policy with the new bike before it even arrived, but I didn't know how long it would be until I got the bike, so she didn't actually add it at that point. I do plan to use Progressive whenever my bike arrives, but I'll certainly call them instead of trying to use the online menu that's designed for major brands.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post

What are folks using?

Mike
I did an online quote from GEICO. They had "California Scooter" as a manufacturer in their dropdown list. They didn't have the TT250, but they ask what type of motorcycle and dual sport (or on/off road or something like that) was a choice. Then they asked for displacement and that was enough to satisfy the quote engine so it gave me a quote.

At that point when I got the online quote a few days ago I was just getting a quote to get a ballpark rate. I want to wait until I actually have the bike in my possession before I get insurance on it and then I will have the VIN too. So far it looks like it won't be a problem (fingers crossed).

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #12

I used other on the Progressive website for my Hawk. My insurance card has 2015 RPS Hawk on it.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
I used other on the Progressive website for my Hawk. My insurance card has 2015 RPS Hawk on it.
I used progressive to and had no problem did not even have bike yet

Old 07-01-2016, 10:20 AM   #14

Heads Up!

Hey TT250 gang.

After the first go-around, I put the TT back on the rack to set up the rear shock and front fork dampening to Mrs. 2LZ liking.

Last night I got home from work and rolled it off the rack for a ride to make sure it wouldn't bottom out with me on it and as I was warming it up, I smelled gas. At first I thought it was a hose connection to the fuel filter so I checked those...and found out it was the filter leaking at the glue seam.

It took virtually zero effort to pop it apart. This was probably just a fluke because I've had bad filters in the past, but I'll let Ryan know that they may have some filter issues afoot.

Keep your eyes open.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Hey TT250 gang.

After the first go-around, I put the TT back on the rack to set up the rear shock and front fork dampening to Mrs. 2LZ liking.

Last night I got home from work and rolled it off the rack for a ride to make sure it wouldn't bottom out with me on it and as I was warming it up, I smelled gas. At first I thought it was a hose connection to the fuel filter so I checked those...and found out it was the filter leaking at the glue seam.

It took virtually zero effort to pop it apart. This was probably just a fluke because I've had bad filters in the past, but I'll let Ryan know that they may have some filter issues afoot.

Keep your eyes open.....
That's the second report of a leaky fuel filter I've seen. The other one was on the CSC Owner's Group on Facebook. Thanks for the heads up!