Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #61

Just curious, when I popped the valves out of my new Brozz head to do some bowl blending, I noticed there weren't any valve seals. Is this common? I bought some Viton Kibble white seals to install, but just curious if it's common for these heads to not come with seals.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #62

No, is not common, you should have two of these.

Name:  123.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  21.7 KB

Old 01-11-2021, 09:38 AM   #63

Sometimes they do, sometimes not. I've seen Hondas that don't have them, it just depends.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:44 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Thanks for that info, your at my same elevation with similar mods, are you running the stock carb? if so, any washers under the needle jet?
if not stock carb, have you moved the clip down on the needle jet? thanks
I haven't changed out my pilot jet for reference
I moved to the common HWBNDE branded vm26 clone. While I wasn't necessarily having major issues with the stock carb, once jetted, and with only minor mods, like a pod filter and exhaust, the VM26 clone started the engine so much easier (think, like 1.5 crank rotations- it starts like EFI).

Once I had the head ported and installed though, it was necessary to change the pilot jet, and the stock carb has that weird pilot that was super hard/impossible to find (NZbrakelathes found them, but I think they are NLA again).

So I have that vm26, needle clip is moved down one notch from middle (stock position), just to richen up my part throttle roll on, which is where I spend most of my time.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I moved to the common HWBNDE branded vm26 clone. While I wasn't necessarily having major issues with the stock carb, once jetted, and with only minor mods, like a pod filter and exhaust, the VM26 clone started the engine so much easier (think, like 1.5 crank rotations- it starts like EFI).

Once I had the head ported and installed though, it was necessary to change the pilot jet, and the stock carb has that weird pilot that was super hard/impossible to find (NZbrakelathes found them, but I think they are NLA again).

So I have that vm26, needle clip is moved down one notch from middle (stock position), just to richen up my part throttle roll on, which is where I spend most of my time.
I may have to look into that aftermarket carb option as well as i notice slight lean surge at 0-1/4 throttle and i think this is due to the pilot still being stock and unchanged

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Sometimes they do, sometimes not. I've seen Hondas that don't have them, it just depends.
If you find a CG (Honda or not) without them. It's an overlook from the factory, they should use it and the Honda part # is "12209-GB4-681"

I know it is in Spanish, but no need to read. That image is straight from a Honda CG workshop manual.

Name:  CYLINDER-HEAD-Kawasaki-MOTOS-650-2011-KLR650-KL650EBF-B_03.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  20.8 KB

Old 01-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post

Is that the "cold start" type pilot jet or the snorkel type?

Old 01-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #68

Thanks guys. I assumed they were supposed to be there. Glad I bought some.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"