Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Ya know, we're all chompin' at the bit for our TT's....but I bet no where near the urgency of CSC wanting to start bringing in all that $$$ they have laying out for all of these.
I was thinking about this earlier. Considering they had to spend approximately $100,000 to certify EACH of their three motorcycles for EPA and CARB compliance, they've made a serious investment indeed. Obviously, they're not publishing their profit margins on the bikes, but even if they're selling them at a 5% profit, that'd take something like 500 RX3s or 1000 TT250s sold just to break even on the compliance issue. I hope the RX3s have been selling well enough to support the brand, since it seems like that's probably the biggest seller right now. We'll have to see how the RC3 does, since it's got stiffer competition in the 250cc entry sport level.

Quote:
...and white is definitely the fastest. It reflects the light spectrum, hence, less friction.
I was thinking about this, too! Reflecting takes more energy away from the surface doing the reflecting, so the fastest color should be black, since it absorbs all of the light... Actually, if you painted any rearward-facing surface white and forward-facing surface black, that'd REALLY optimize your energy.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 05-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #707

Thumbs Down

hmmm dare i say it? sounds like "white privilege?"
he he.

Politically INCorrect Disclaimer: NO! I am NOT black, but i Am related to obama, {on his mother's side) , I AM substantially more Native American than
"goofy" liz warren (who was a new TA at harv law when i was there (and who was/is a bit left of Karl Marx, (actually more than a bit lol, and whom can't drink worth a chit( necessary trait for any wannabe politician!-u gotta be able to swim with the sharks

and re 5% profit, u need to reconsider that. these bikes more than likely cost somewhere around 1k to 1.2k US, if that. I'm guessing that the miss the boat deposits funded the majority of the production. Don't believe me? get a friend at a dealership to go online and request initial pricing for a container of bashan storms, etc. there IS a reason some "dealers" have offered the HAWK for around $1090.oo US. And that price included RPS's share.......
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #708

Quote:
...and white is definitely the fastest. It reflects the light spectrum, hence, less friction.
I was thinking about this, too! Reflecting takes more energy away from the surface doing the reflecting, so the fastest color should be black, since it absorbs all of the light... Actually, if you painted any rearward-facing surface white and forward-facing surface black, that'd REALLY optimize your energy.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #709

Thumbs Up

re color. any cop will tell u that Red, or in this case Copper, draws their attention so much it MUST be the fastest cause those WILL get the most citations/tickets LOL ask the vette guys lol.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
I agree completely. That's very sound scientific thinking there. Are you a physicist? It's obvious that BLACK is the fastest color.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I agree completely. That's very sound scientific thinking there. Are you a physicist? It's obvious that BLACK is the fastest color.
Haha I'm a chemist, actually, but it's close enough for government work. I figure I have to think these things through so people don't get confused about independent scientific truth!

Old 05-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
Haha I'm a chemist, actually, but it's close enough for government work. I figure I have to think these things through so people don't get confused about independent scientific truth!
Absolutely! I knew you were a scientist of some kind. Thank you for setting these guys straight about black being the fastest color of them all.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-12-2016, 05:18 PM   #713

I ordered this bike 6 months ago thinking it would be here in 3
I don't think we need to argue to much about how fast they are
has anyone received a email on a delivery

Old 05-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
has anyone received a email on a delivery
Over on ADVRider, user longhaul747 got notification and had to defer shipping 'til the 24th, and kohburn was told that his would be one of the first sent out, so they're getting there. On the CSC site, it says that the TT250 has arrived but to allow at least 30 days to ship, so I assume they plan to get through the ones that were preordered in the next month.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
I ordered this bike 6 months ago thinking it would be here in 3
I don't think we need to argue to much about how fast they are
The motorcycle or CSC?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #716

Quote:
Absolutely! I knew you were a scientist of some kind. Thank you for setting these guys straight about black being the fastest color of them all.
then why were they the last one,s off the boat?

Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #717

Head Scratching

Hey all,
Received an email from Ryan and he said that my order was 189 and that they are building 10 bikes per day and that means my bike should be build in 19 days, then a few for testing, and then shipping is probably a week or so, so it looks like another month+ for me.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
then why were they the last one,s off the boat?
Because they were the first ones on.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 AM   #719

Quote:
Because they were the first ones on.
I knew somebody was going to say that!

Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #720

However long it takes, I got time. I'm glad they aren't rushing the assembly, though I'm sure they're going as fast as they can, want these things gone and want the $$$ in the bank. In the meantime, Mrs. 2LZ will just have to go "slummin' and settle for riding her Vic..... ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350