Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2021, 02:32 AM   #691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Matt; you're correct, the VE-35's are the V-tails. They're very unique airframes, but have a pretty bad stigma as the "Dr. Killers", not to mention the airplane that killed Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper. Fun trivia fact for today: Waylon Jennings was supposed to fly with Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens, but gave up his seat to J.P. “Big Bopper” Richardson because Richardson wasn't feeling well. All the V-tails are only four place, and if you read the accident report, they had overloaded that airplane to about 130% of max takeoff weight. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but the weather was pretty bad, and by all accounts the pilot didn't do a proper weight distribution in the airplane. Regrettably, Beechcraft stopped making the V-tail Bonanza's, and parts are becoming harder and harder to find. There are several people I know personally that found it cheaper to buy a whole other airframe for parts and scavenge what they need and sell what they don't. That's enough hijacking of Cheesy's Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes thread, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

It sounds like this highjack could easily turn into its own interesting thread if you were so inclined...Now excuse me while i go seeking out more popcorn for the next cheese filled update!
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #692

For the next Cheesy filled chapter, today is the deadline for a response from corpulent to my maybe to sticking around another year. I ain't heard 'Boo' yet. I'm not expecting, too. Not because I was asking too much but because my glorious leader, Harold, only reads the first line of an email. The bottom line of my email to him was that 'if I hear nothing by the end of the day, Wednesday Sept. 15, I am assuming that GNA is not as interested in my services as they claim to be and my requests are off the table. My retirement will be effective Oct. 31."

It's a game he plays. One time it cost us $35K.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #693

cheesy, your office sounds straight out of Dilbert. Does your boss have pointy hair?
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 09-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
cheesy, your office sounds straight out of Dilbert. Does your boss have pointy hair?
Al, the former CEO and current General Sales Manager is a dead ringer for the pointy haired boss. About as sharp, too. Old Weird Harold, not so much. Think Walter Cronkite with less integrity.

Whenever a bad idea is acted upon by the two of them, and they know it’s a bad idea, Jason and I will say that all they saw were dollar signs, despite all of the red flags that were brought to their attention.

Wally could be our CE, he draws a paycheck but contributes nothing. Wally is better at bullshitting, though, because we know the CE is lying when his lips move.

The new Production Manager has Asok written all over him. Not a clue.

Our current CEO I haven’t quite figured out but he’s been on the job almost nine months and still hasn’t bought a home in the area. I’m guessing he’s a ‘one year and done’ guy.

We don’t have an Alice, unless you count the international CEO. Some call her a take charge kind of women. I called her a mean, spiteful, foul mouthed bitch to her face. She can’t handle people that stand up to her. She wanted to can me but her two cousins that sit on Board told her she needed a change of attitude when dealing with the US staff.

Our receptionist, she’s not like the pointy haired boss’ nemesis. She’s a sweetheart.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #695

I got a bigger box of popcorn. You should get a bigger box, too. The bonuses and pay raise to stick around until the end of June were too good to walk away from.

Stay turned.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #696

Old 09-17-2021, 12:41 AM   #697

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
30% pay increase with a $5K bonus on June 30, 2022, the end date of the contract, was hard to walk away from. More than I was asking for. A lot more.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-18-2021, 07:01 AM   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
30% pay increase with a $5K bonus on June 30, 2022, the end date of the contract, was hard to walk away from. More than I was asking for. A lot more.
Make sure you get all that in writing. Written in blood and notarized would probably be best. Sounds like a great deal, but with the shenanigans that have been blowing through that place, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to back out after you hold up your end. Otherwise, best of luck keeping that place ticking over!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #700

It's all in writing with a copy to my lawyer. Got to admit that my eyes about popped out of my head when I read the offer.

After it leaked out that I was sticking around for a few more months, I got calls from most of the sales staff, and a few emails from cohorts in Europe, saying with a sigh of relief that I wasn't going just yet.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #701

I'm willing to bet you'll be sorry. At least it'll take some of the sting out of dealing with the incompetence, but June is a long off. If things are as bad as you say, do you really think they'll last that long?

Old 09-21-2021, 05:56 AM   #702

We'll see. I was once told if you can survive a 24 hr bicycle Time Trial, you can survive anything the corporate world can throw at you. You'll lose a few battles along the way but you will win the war. If I have more days like yesterday it will be a piece of cake. I know I won't, but the last several weeks have had better days than not. Mostly because Beaufort is not involved as much in my schedule anymore. It's become "Can you?" instead of "You will."

Sadly, though, my Kyocera mil-spec phone met its demise yesterday. A software glitch made it unreliable and I shut it down for the last time. Worse, that model is no longer available through AT&T. As noted in the "What Did You Buy Today?" thread, I picked up an unlocked phone. A Ulefone Armor 8. A mil-spec phone is a must have for my job and this one seems to fill the bill.
https://www.ulefone.com/us/armor-8.html?PageName=specs
The specs have been updated to Android 11 with 128GB of memory. Still learning it. A tad larger than I'd like but I can live with it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-21-2021, 06:24 AM   #703

Heartily recommend checking out the offerings of Blackview next if you got them. Currently writing on a bv9500pro, slightly smaller than the ulephones but IMO beats them on comparison. Can be used as a PTT walkie talkie with an external antenna if need be, battery lasts two days of heavy use and you can bash nails to a wall with these. The only way I've managed to break a Blackview is a dead slap belly flop screen first into a pebble on the asphalt, 99% of the time the rubber bumpers save you.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 09-21-2021, 06:59 AM   #704

Thanks for the recommendation, matty. I'll keep Blackview in mind for the next time.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-21-2021, 07:05 AM   #705

My mistake, I got this one.
https://www.ulefone.com/us/armor-8-pro.html

It's way early here.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800