'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-01-2021, 12:41 PM   #662

Today is September 1st. That means as of today, I can say that I am retiring next month.

This week has just about been a total cluster. The only bright spot was that we got one of the engineers to hang with us. He now knows that we aren’t whining when we tell them that “Shit ain’t working”. And he got to see that “Fully tested” from a production guy means squat to a field guy.

I haven’t spent much time on this truck project because I have enough of my own crap to do. Yesterday, I spent time crawling over the truck and flat out told the engineer that I would never put my name on a product like this. No pride taken in building the truck. Only thing out of managements mouth to the customer is “When are we getting paid?” Somehow I don’t see it happening. No wonder Jason is ready to quit.

In other news, I learned that myself and several of the other Elgin folk have had several complaints filed against us with HR. Apparently, we expect too much from these people and they get butthurt when we say things such as “You need to do better”, “Who ties your shoes in the morning?”, and “Get your head out of your ass and do it right”. Most have come from the engineering staff. So far, HR has said nothing. I’m at the point of telling them if you don’t like the truth, fire me.

Last bit, I’ve concluded that the new CEO is just another ‘Yes Man’ with no intention of fixing anything. Only interested in his much higher than mine paycheck. I have already block his number on my phone.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #663

seems like they are making the decision for you with regard to retirement extension.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #664

More proof that our CE, Sir Geoffrey is a moron and a lyin' SOS.

This is part of an email reply as to why the air over hydraulic hi rail brakes on the truck didn't work.

"Because of the pressure differential of Denver being at one mile of elevation and Beaufort being at sea level, where testing took place, there will be a slight degradation of braking performance." I guess if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Problem with the above statement, besides being completely wrong, is that any hydraulic braking system is a closed system. Elevation is not going to make a difference. Also, the 'air' part of the air over hydraulic system, comes from a compressor, not atmosphere. And the compressed air keeps the brakes released. When the air is dumped, then the brakes set.

I later learned that the CE told the crew of monkeys with wrenches to bleed said brakes at the banjo bolt before the wheel cylinders, meaning he just wasted brake fluid and my time.

Jean Lucs' first day is today. I sure hope he will see through this guy and point him towards the door.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-02-2021, 09:27 AM   #665

Former trucker here, reading that reminded me of a quote from an old sketch show which would translate to something like "that was the most sizeable amount of bullshit I've ever managed to receive in a single hearing". Not only a blatant lie, he managed without a shadow of a doubt, to prove in a single sentence a complete and utter lack of even the tinyest understanding of what he's talking about, which is a bit of an anchievement in itself. Why is it absolutely impossible for some people to say the words "I do not know but I will find out".
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 09-02-2021, 11:15 AM   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball Matt View Post
Former trucker here, reading that reminded me of a quote from an old sketch show which would translate to something like "that was the most sizeable amount of bullshit I've ever managed to receive in a single hearing". Not only a blatant lie, he managed without a shadow of a doubt, to prove in a single sentence a complete and utter lack of even the tinyest understanding of what he's talking about, which is a bit of an anchievement in itself. Why is it absolutely impossible for some people to say the words "I do not know but I will find out".
I don't know, but I will find out.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #667

“CE” Certified Egghead !

Last edited by Bruces; 09-02-2021 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fat fingers hit extra letter !

Old 09-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #668

All I found out is that the guy is a CAWAD(Certified A**hole With A Degree)

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #669

even I could see thru that BS. What a maroon.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #670

The boss has invited me to lunch today. I suspect the offer will be placed on the table. The company insurance plan has thrown a wrench into everything. I looked into Medicare yesterday and their worst plan is better than what I have now.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-03-2021, 01:33 PM   #671

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
The boss has invited me to lunch today. I suspect the offer will be placed on the table. The company insurance plan has thrown a wrench into everything. I looked into Medicare yesterday and their worst plan is better than what I have now.
It’ll be interesting to see how the lunch date turns out. I retired at 46 years old and now I’m 51. It was by far the best decision of my life, next to investing in a retirement plan at 19 years old. It was also the healthiest thing I’ve ever done. It takes at least a year to unwind from the hustle. You can’t believe how much stress your body is under just from the every day grind. All you kids out there reading this, take note. Start investing NOW in your retirement and pay everything off early, ESPECIALLY a home. Life is too short to spend the majority of your time working for someone else.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:05 PM   #672

So the lunch was mostly a BS session because Al and Trent can't make a decision. Best they could come up with was a consulting position with no specifics. Harold and I both laughed at that.

Harold told me to submit something in writing and to ask for the moon with a deadline, which I will do tonight. I figure upper management will go "Uh uh um uh" until the deadline and come up with an insulting last minute offer.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-04-2021, 05:59 AM   #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
It’ll be interesting to see how the lunch date turns out. I retired at 46 years old and now I’m 51. It was by far the best decision of my life, next to investing in a retirement plan at 19 years old. It was also the healthiest thing I’ve ever done. It takes at least a year to unwind from the hustle. You can’t believe how much stress your body is under just from the every day grind. All you kids out there reading this, take note. Start investing NOW in your retirement and pay everything off early, ESPECIALLY a home. Life is too short to spend the majority of your time working for someone else.
I decided that I wanted to "retire" and work on real estate investing full time when we left Phoenix a couple months back. Luckily, we made an obscene amount of money selling our practically new custom built home, and we had one of the rentals back here in GA coming vacant about the time of our move. So we had somewhere to go (ever wonder what it's like to cram all the stuff from a 2,800 square foot home into a 1,500 square foot rental?) and my wife's job is 100% remote, she can work anywhere in the world with an internet connection. That's all the sunshine and butterflies of the idea. The reality is that I've been working harder since I've been back than I ever did having a nine-to-five gig. I discovered that the management companies didn't do as great of a job as they said they were doing. So I'm cleaning up a lot of those messes, looking for more properties to add to the portfolio, and trying to keep a 4 year old occupied without just dropping him in front of the TV. With all that being said, the biggest thing that surprised me was the opportunities that have popped up like mushrooms after a rainshower. I've been able to get checked out in about six airplanes that I honestly never thought I'd have the chance to fly, and have been on a couple of trips as a safety pilot that I get to log as flight time. I've also had people I have a heap of respect for come to me for advice! That's a pretty big deal to have someone in a position you want to be in (in my case, tons of flight hours or a really huge investment portfolio) come to you to pick your brain or get another opinion. The entire point of this post is that I agree 100% about planning for your time to not work, not just focusing on the job you have now.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-04-2021, 06:03 AM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
So the lunch was mostly a BS session because Al and Trent can't make a decision. Best they could come up with was a consulting position with no specifics. Harold and I both laughed at that.

Harold told me to submit something in writing and to ask for the moon with a deadline, which I will do tonight. I figure upper management will go "Uh uh um uh" until the deadline and come up with an insulting last minute offer.
Ask for the world, and title of "El Numero Uno". Make sure that everyone in the halls and office has to address you as "El Numero Uno", too. You want a seven figure salary and six-hour lunch breaks. Seriously, Cheesy, I'd say shoot for the moon, and see how comfortable they can make you for a year. My gut is telling me that with all the challenges companies are having finding and retaining even passable entry level plebes, they're going to be super sensitive to losing someone like you who's forgotten more about what makes the operation bump along than some wet-behind-the-ears newbie will ever know. Really interested to see how this pans out for you, partner!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #675

I won't go into specifics other than the deadline is very short for three different proposals which I'd be happy with, or without.
Mrs. C and I went through our finances after speaking with our insurance agent and we are sitting pretty.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800