Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #601

AT&T was kind of hit or miss with us at the start in the mid ninties but it has gotten much, much better as far as I'm concerned. I remember calling the office from Puerto Rico and it sounded like I was in the same room with them, yet I couldn't call across the street in Manhattan. AT&T is also available all over Mexico, which is part of my territory.

I also learned today that T-mobile does not offer the Kyocera mil-spec phone I have been using for the past 2 years. I'm getting stuck with another Samsung Galaxy and past experience means it may last a year while costing double what my Kyocera did.

I even spoke with T-mobile today about mil-spec phones. I got the spiel about military grade(not mil-spec)phones; Samsung S21, Google Pixel, and Motorola Razr; and about how great 5G is. Told them I have no experience with the Pixel or the Razr and that I've never had a Galaxy last more than a year. Also, 5G doesn't exist in most places I work. I was brushed off after that. I do not have a good feeling about this.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #602

They'll (management) learn. On second thought, probably not!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:49 AM   #603

well hell....stop your damn whining! you get to retire in 8.5 months!

Old 02-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
well hell....stop your damn whining! you get to retire in 8.5 months!
I don't want that time to be a living hel...Oh, wait. It already is.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-12-2021, 04:35 PM   #605

All i can say is i beat the crap outta my Galaxy S7 going on 3 yrs now... it hardly has a scratch on it....

Old 02-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #606

I never broke a Galaxy, they just died. I think the best I got was my S1 lasted 14 months.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #607

Are you forced to use the phone they provide? Couldn't you just move the SIM card to whatever phone of your own choosing (provided of course you buy it with your own money)

Sent from my Blackview BV9500 PRO. Thick and heavy but I bet this thing could stop a stampeding rhino, not to mention the massive 10000mAh battery that easily lasts two days of constant net browsing/audiobook listening/ wifi hotspot without recharging
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 02-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #608

More or less, but they actually seem to be listening to me. I may be able to take my current phone and get it unlocked from AT&T, then I'd just need the SIM card.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #609

Well, crap. They sent the new phone anyway. Too bad they sent it to the place I haven't lived for the past 15 months. Yet, they have my new address.

In other news, tires needed for a machine in Minnesnowta arrived at Beaufort on Tuesday. They didn't get turned around until yesterday and it's looking like the tires won't be delivered until the 1st. Geez, back in Elgin, we'd have slapped a new shipping label on them and sent them right back out the door the same day.

I went looking for some knock out plugs at the local hardware store for a machine being built in Beaufort. No luck. The guy helping me said I looked frustrated and I went on a polite tear why Beaufort was a poor choice for a factory; lack of infrastructure, shallow talent pool, lack of urgency, etc.

He agreed with me. Said the only reason he stayed was for the weather. He was pissed himself because he had some guys coming to do some interior work in his house and they cancelled because it was raining. Cancelled inside work because it was raining outside. I ain't making this up.

8 months, 11 days.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #610

Slam my hand in a car door several times. Please.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Slam my hand in a car door several times. Please.
bad day, huh?

Old 02-23-2021, 10:31 AM   #612

The new cell phone fiasco and people getting butt hurt for no reason.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-25-2021, 01:37 PM   #613

well hell....everyone is butt hurt about something these days. We're now a butt-hurt society.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #614

This guy had no reason to be. Yes, something happened under his watch, but because the ineptitude of higher ups with not following through on their part, it wasn't his fault.

Harold, Al, and I asked the shop supervisor why a certain option wasn't installed on the machine when it was spec'd. He got all defensive and belligerent about it and took it that we were calling him out on it. We weren't. Turned out that the boob who gave him the build list didn't give the guy the last page that had that missing item on it.

I tried to tell him how many times that happened to me in Elgin. Yes, I'd get majorly pissed but it was because I worked from a work order that didn't have the options listed on it. Those were listed on the sales order that I wasn't allowed to see because it had pricing on it. After the dust settled on that little bit of Elgin stupidity following my explosive string of expletives(Elgin was effed up, too, but in a different way)I worked from a work order with an attached options list. That was replaced with a build sheet.

In the end, with some co-operation with everyone involved, the spec'd item got installed before the machine shipped today. I even got kudos from the CEO and the CE because it went in like I said it would and in the amount of time I quoted.

But the phone fiasco is still ongoing. The changeover is supposed to take place tomorrow morning.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #615

Well, the phone fiasco continues. The change over happened Friday morning while I was in mid call was a customer. What was supposed to be about five minutes of silence stretched to 2.5 hours. When I was finally able to get back in touch with the customer on my new phone, he was a bit miffed. He calmed down after I explained that GNA is run by a bunch of idiots and I'd do what I could to help.

Get that done and finally get home so I can sit down and set up the new phone with what I need for apps. WTF, no signal in the house. Not a bar. I set the phone on wi-fi calling and at least that works. I let those in charge and responsible know that it wasn't acceptable and up to them to fix it. Harold called and said I should go to T-Mobile and see about a signal booster for the house. I said no, it was GNA that did this, they need to correct it, not me.

Then I find out that the local SC service guy was given a T-Mobile to try out for a week or so. He told the PA responsible that the service didn't even work in his house yet the changeover was done anyway.

In the past, when something like this happened, we'd say it meant someone was getting a new boat.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800