Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Today was another fun filled day of spending $$... just shy of 1,000 miles on the new Subaru Forester XT so it was time for the first "Break-in period oil change"...

5.0 quarts of Castrol 0w-40 European Car formula + 0.4 quarts LubeGard Bio-Tech Engine Protectant and Mobil 1 75w-90 + LubeGard Gear Protectant for the differentials... also bought and installed the AEM intake the other day, I have gold heat reflection tape to install on the AEM intake/heat shield but it was getting HOT today and I was done working on the car

Reason I added LubeGard, it has LXE (Liquid Wax Esters) that help coat metal parts and it also help in transferring heat better then most synthetic oils being sold today...

Engine Oil temps before lubegard: 221 degrees F (constant) with spikes of 223...

Engine Oil temps after lubegard: 214 constant, no spikes yet, even with several miles of hooning about

Was well worth the $$ to lower the engine oil temps about 4%
All that money into lube.. and not even a happy ending is included?
Save
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 07-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
All that money into lube.. and not even a happy ending is included?
Only cost $60 soooo, I just an hours worth of oil massage this time

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #588

Technically was yesterday but who cares.... in true china rider fashion i found a great deal on some previously "loved" (in a fifty shades of gray sort of way) Motegi DP5 wheels for Scooby.... just gotta clean them up with a fresh coat of paint and get new rubber thats the appropriate size... total cost for the 4 rims? $80....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170715_132929.jpg (99.8 KB, 103 views)

Old 07-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #589

$700 for oil change, transmission, and rear axle service on my 'NEW' shop truck. I can play that game, too.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #590

$532 dollars later for set of 4...

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...ng-a-s/p/19669

2 old tires were prorated so got some money off the bill. Every time I go to the discount tire it's bad news for the wallet...but nice new tires

Like the conti's , they are oem on the sorrento ang gave a better ride than that set of michelin's I bought for it once.

I take tires seriously , 100 degrees and 85 mph is no joke with shitty tires...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #591

Paid another visit to Gander Mountains' clearance sale. Didn't need it but scored a Realtree 3/4 helmet for $12. First thing out of Mrs. C's mouth was, "You are going to paint that, aren't you?" You should have heard the comment on the camo cargo shorts I got.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #592

Giving Aliexpress a shot on a pair of BT headsets for Mrs. C and myself. Price is pretty good and they can't be any worse than the Blinc III I had. FM radio sold Mrs. C on it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LCD-...1-dc6092fc1ca7

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #593

Picked up an unequal length header for scooby, the uneven gives the boxer burble that subaru is known for) also got a pair of barely used DC snowboard boots....both of which were practically a steal...also picked up a $10 carb to see if i can get a Stihl fs250 running that was given to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-07-22-20-39-39.jpg (9.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-07-22-20-40-29.jpg (7.9 KB, 80 views)

Old 07-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #594

Burble is good.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Burble is freakin awesome
Fixed that for ya....LOL heres a good comparison on equal length vs unequal length headers.... i know most people will say thats not a subaru......BUT.... subie made the engine, along with ya know.... the br-z....colaboration between toyota/scion and subaru....hehe

Old 07-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Fixed that for ya....LOL heres a good comparison on equal length vs unequal length headers.... i know most people will say thats not a subaru......BUT.... subie made the engine, along with ya know.... the br-z....colaboration between toyota/scion and subaru....hehe
One of my dream cars right there... Toyota AE-86 chassis (Hachi Roku makes me drooool!) with a Subaru engine (Direct Injection tuned by Toyota/TRD, it's one of the cleanest DI engines out there)

My forester XT came with a ELH... no "Boxer Burble" sound for me... just a whistle from the turbo/air filter had someone say it almost sounds like a diesel

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #597

Going out on the China Bike to buy some "Weatherstrip", trying to lower the coefficient drag (CD) on all our cars to help squeeze some extra MPG out of them... not that we get horrible mpg in any of our cars the lowest is our '82 Trans Am FB with a 350+ hp carbie engine and it still gets around 18 to 22 mpg and I don't baby that beast, I always race up to the speed limit then cruise could probably beat the GEO Metro in fuel economy if I would just keep my foot off the gas from the stop lights...

Anyways

Starting with Weatherstripping the hood/quarter panel, headlights/hood/bumper/quarter panel, and the door/roof areas on our cars.

Except for when I'm driving the TA, I spend a lot of time "at highway speeds" so blocking all those unnecessary air gaps to the engine compartment on my vehicles should help lower CD and raise mpg a good amount

Old 07-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
One of my dream cars right there... Toyota AE-86 chassis (Hachi Roku makes me drooool!) with a Subaru engine (Direct Injection tuned by Toyota/TRD, it's one of the cleanest DI engines out there)

My forester XT came with a ELH... no "Boxer Burble" sound for me... just a whistle from the turbo/air filter had someone say it almost sounds like a diesel
Yeah..... pretty much everything post 2005 came with the elh.... and even the stock uel pre 06 is almost an equal length... barely any burble.... hence why i got the aftermarket...LOL

Old 07-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #599

Boxes...

Mountains and mountains of boxes...

You never know how many boxes you need to pack up all your crap until you're through the first 20 or so, look up, and you're not even done in the first room...

I'm really excited about [I]being[I] out in Arizona, not at all excited about all the things that need to be done to actually [I]get[I] out to Arizona...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

$532 dollars later for set of 4...

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...ng-a-s/p/19669

2 old tires were prorated so got some money off the bill. Every time I go to the discount tire it's bad news for the wallet...but nice new tires

Like the conti's , they are oem on the sorrento ang gave a better ride than that set of michelin's I bought for it once.

I take tires seriously , 100 degrees and 85 mph is no joke with shitty tires...
I will see your tire bargain and raise (really lower...LOL) you mine....picked up a set of cooper built Starfire WR all season performace tires from the local pick and pull today... still have the mold tits in the tread grooves and all, and they were manufactured april of last year... grand total? $189 with tax.... hehehe now i just gotta mount them up and balance them (gotta paint my last tim too....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-07-27-20-20-27.jpg (9.9 KB, 73 views)