Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #46

Ah hell I was installing my new off road tires and managed to do this exact same thing and cracked my front fork wheel axles holder, it didn't take much torque on the pinch bolt at all.

It sounds like there is not much luck getting a replacement part as the right side fork assembly seems to be what you can order. It looks like the piece should unbolt from the bottom but with konker out of business I'm sure it won't be easy to find a fork let alone this piece.

I'm going to look into having it welded locally here. :( Damn I was planning to take it offroading tomorrow too

Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #47

Maybe you can get that part?

B451 QM200GY-B(A) F43A-13 Front Wheel Bracket $90.00

http://www.konkermotors.com/pdfs/ret...rtsPricing.pdf

The konker manual seems to suggest you can, I'll have to see what this part is on the Qinqqi

Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #48

Interesting qingqi doesn't list the Front Wheel Bracket as a seperate part http://www.qlinkmotor.com/uploaded/P...rts%20book.pdf
like Konker does

Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by granter
Ah hell I was installing my new off road tires and managed to do this exact same thing and cracked my front fork wheel axles holder, it didn't take much torque on the pinch bolt at all.

It sounds like there is not much luck getting a replacement part as the right side fork assembly seems to be what you can order. It looks like the piece should unbolt from the bottom but with konker out of business I'm sure it won't be easy to find a fork let alone this piece.

I'm going to look into having it welded locally here. :( Damn I was planning to take it offroading tomorrow too
Ouch, that sucks! I don't think you can get that part by itself, that's why McKonker had to buy a whole fork leg. I think he had to get someone in the States to buy if from Q Link as well since Q wont ship to Canada. It's very sad that Konker had to fold up and leave everyone with such a dodgy (as in nonexistant!) parts supply :(

Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #50

I'm sorry to hear about the damage to the right fork on your Konker motorcycle, Granter. :( I agree with Stew. I think your best bet is to get someone in the U.S.A. to ship you a new right fork purchased from QLink.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #51

Yeah worst case I see the fork there for about 300. I'm going to see about the welding on Tuesday, and also sent qlink an email referencing the konker part to see if they sell just the part I need as another option.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #52

Bummer! :evil: I'm wondering if there may have been a casting issue with a group of these or something?
I've had my Q wheel on and off a half dozen times now without a problem! :?
Strange........ 8O

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
Bummer! :evil: I'm wondering if there may have been a casting issue with a group of these or something?
I've had my Q wheel on and off a half dozen times now without a problem! :?
Strange........ 8O
Possibly, I had my wheel on and off a bunch of times too with no problem. I think the torque spec is something like 14.75 foot pounds for that bolt... Not really that much torque.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #54

Bummer.

From my recent experiance with the world of welding aluminum motorcycle parts it probably can be done but you may hve to take it apart first. Plus I don't know how well the rest of the fork will hold up. On the other hand who knows how long a new part will last as this is the second failure of this type we've seen.

My guess would be a metal quality or casting issue. :?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Bummer.

...who knows how long a new part will last as this is the second failure of this type we've seen.

My guess would be a metal quality or casting issue. :?
I agree on all points, Doc. I think we should warn all QLink/Konker/Qingqi owners to avoid torquing this bolt too tight. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #56

I agree. Plus if you think about the way the bolt is stressed it really does not have to be very tight. I'd say 10 ft/lbs and maybe a dab of blue Loctite would be fine. I'm happy I did not have a problem with my Q's in this regard.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I agree. Plus if you think about the way the bolt is stressed it really does not have to be very tight. I'd say 10 ft/lbs and maybe a dab of blue Loctite would be fine. I'm happy I did not have a problem with my Q's in this regard.
Once again, I concur, oh wise physician. In fact, I would recommend every QLink/Konker/Qingqi owner to loosen that bolt right now, and relieve the stress on that part of the fork. Then apply some red loctite, and torque the bolt only tight enough to secure the axle, without placing stress on the lower fork.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #58

This reminds me of the old 'Check the swingarm pivot of your Lifan because it's gonna fall out' issues we've dealt with in the past. That was also good advise. :wink:

Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #59

Had the part welded with a tig welder, had a mandrel inserted where the axel goes during the welding to keep things round. Here are some pics of the weld. I painted the part but didn't have the original silver color so it's a little daker grey now.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #60

Incase anyone is curious, you can remove this piece, dealers will tell you that you can't. There is a little allen bolt that you have to undo, then heat it a bit and tap it with a piece of wood and hammer to turn it while holding the shock.

It jsut screws on, here you can see the threads, it's a bugger to get off though. I filled the shock back up with 10 weight 330 ml of fluid. Putting the shock together was pretty easy, nothing really unique about it except for the bottom in the shock you have to line the end of the shock up when you reassemble it which is a bit finicky.