Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
I am still astonished you got a woman tp let you build the bike in the house!
I had my prized ducati in the mud room, but i am divorced
I got my scooter work done in the living room via the divorce route, too.

#bachelorLife

Past: Honda NC700x, Suzuki DR650, Taotao ATM-50-A1, Taotao Evo 150cc, Honda Spree 50 2str, 1982 Katana 550

Old 03-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
well, life is good today ... the closest thing to trouble i had was that the lady said the make of bike on my insurance card did not match, showed her that i had them put the vin on it for that reason ... now my title is on the way, i have my plates, and used the bike to get my M endorsement ... yep, i am 100% legal to ride now, today was a good day
Congratulations, now where are the photos?

I had trouble with insurance as well. My company would not write a policy for it so I went to Geico. They (Geico) did not have a listing for it, so the agent called the underwriter or somebody at the main office, and they added it on the spot.
Be a Piggy!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #48

well, about 5 minutes ago, i ordered the 30mm Mikuni and 115/40 jets ... found out with gps, it hit 71mph with strong tailwind and slight downhill bone stock ... i am feeling much better about getting her out of town on the highway now ... tach still never showed up yet, so no sprocket change yet, maybe next payday

Old 03-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #49

got the carb, pilot, and main ... going to install it right now ... then i will try top speed again (dont think it will do any better) and see if she feels like she can take a small rear sprocket ... still no tach yet and they claim they have sent 2 of them ... must have a guy rowing them over from china

Old 03-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #50

got a question? those tires look a lot like the ones in the pictures of the tt250. How do you like them so far?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
got a question? those tires look a lot like the ones in the pictures of the tt250. How do you like them so far?
not any off road time yet, but you can really get it into a turn with them ... someone else that has one told me they do grip well off road as well ... so far i love them, i will let you know more when i find a spot to get them on the dirt ... oh, i did take her through a few good size ditches just to see what it felt like, pulled out of them just fine, no slipping at all

Old 03-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #52

well, not a huge power gain, but she does pull a little better with the new carb and jets ... one good thing, i have never gotten it started with the kick starter, hot or cold ... dont know about cold yet, but one kick when hot ... top speed was the same as before ... crusing speed seems to be about 50mph though ... anyone know the max rpm you can crank the counterbalanced motor at for a long haul without damage?

Old 03-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
well, not a huge power gain, but she does pull a little better with the new carb and jets ... one good thing, i have never gotten it started with the kick starter, hot or cold ... dont know about cold yet, but one kick when hot ... top speed was the same as before ... crusing speed seems to be about 50mph though ... anyone know the max rpm you can crank the counterbalanced motor at for a long haul without damage?
Yeah....max RPM is the point just BEFORE the engine blows!

I just ride mine by ear. with no tach on them, who knows. Sounds like a question for Adam!

Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Yeah....max RPM is the point just BEFORE the engine blows!

I just ride mine by ear. with no tach on them, who knows. Sounds like a question for Adam!
haha, i already knew that answer ... i have a tach on the way ... going to get an adjustable cdi next week also, i think

Old 03-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #55

I think Adams answer will be just blow it up then buy a hawk 😀

Old 03-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #56

got the tach today ... i will try to get it hooked up later today, or tomorrow while i am off work

Old 03-26-2016, 08:11 PM   #57

ok, got that tach bolted on and hooked up, it is a little slow, but seems to read just fine. the sad news is, i just do not think the engine has the power to go much faster and for the most part, 55 is wot on flat ground. strange thing is, it is the same cruising speed with 1 or 2 on it and i can get just over 50 in 4th gear. i guess the next thing i will try is the adjustable timing cdi box ... i just do not like to cruse at wot, it just seems that bad things happen at wot for long periods of time ... when it has cooled a bit i think i will try dropping the clip down a notch, i would hate to be running lean ... anyone know what the temperature of the engine and header should be running at?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9975.jpg (90.6 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9976.jpg (88.4 KB, 181 views)

Old 03-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #58

When you get a chance.

What is rpm saying at idle? What is rpm saying at wot.

Can't figure why only 55 even after mods at wot. Mine is GPS wot 63mph flat with low or favorable wind. Experiment with different jets?

If you must perist, you may have to go the more air in more air out route. Such as the cone filter etc.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
When you get a chance.

What is rpm saying at idle? What is rpm saying at wot.

Can't figure why only 55 even after mods at wot. Mine is GPS wot 63mph flat with low or favorable wind. Experiment with different jets?

If you must perist, you may have to go the more air in more air out route. Such as the cone filter etc.
idle is about 1550 ... wot in any gear but 5th is about 8000 ... 5th is about 6500
with 40/115 jets in the vm26 carb and 17/45 sprockets ... i have not moved the clip yet because i have to take the tank off to do it and i did not feel like doing that tonight ... also thinking about opening the pipe and modding the baffle for a bit more flow ... maybe i will make a short run with the filter out to check air flow to see if a filter will help, but i really dont want an open filter, i want to keep it in the box for rain and mud rides

Old 03-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #60

Math: 55 mph @ 8000 rpm is gearing. That motor is the exact same motor as the Hawk and any other Hondoid, plus counter balance shaft. A CG motor.

Bash out your cat in the muffler to let it breath (or get this http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15893 ) and get a smaller rear sprocket. There's no way that thing is only capable of 55 mph, WOT @ 8000 rpm.

I wouldn't even burn the $$$ on a voodoo CDI yet. There is no documentation here that proves they work or we'd all have them. Stick with the known and proven basics first. Remember, all of these bikes are geared to climb trees out of the box.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350