Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Knows what a trb looks like, color? suuurrreee, uh uh, WAIT.... trunk on back.....unless thieves remove it.....!!!

I liked dan's story....big bad dan, big Dan....one could sing that old song about Big Bad John. Dan rips the shed apart stealing his OWN possession back. Big Bad Frank. One could only imagine these two big dudes (Dan and Frank) together stealing back what was theirs. I can just see these 2 big dudes get out of a jacked up pickup......crap.... I would run till the soles of my shoes fell off, because if one of those guys with big paws got ahold of ya....would be ugly...
Two giant disabled guys (bad back, 1 leg) that are always teetering on the edge of anger hidden under a smile because they never get proper sleep.

I am not really that dangerous, just lacking tolerance for those that help themselves to other peoples property. The funny thing is, if people steal out of need (food, clothes, etc.) I don't care. I will be irritated, but only because they didn't ask me first. I would give them what they took and more if they were in need because I have been there myself. Stealing bikes, cars, tools, etc. has nothing to do with desperation, and everything to do with lazy greed. I don't like lazy or greedy people.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #47

"Hawk Investigations" Frank Falk. Frank can be seen wearing a trench coat with the name (Hawk) above the pocket. Packs a magnum. Slight limp. Energy drink in one hand. Rides a quiet, 150mph, turbo bike. Irrigating shovel strapped on the rack.

Jay Rockford. Jay was last seen incognito, under cover, wearing $700 blue designer shorts, white and blue sneakers, with traction nobbies on the soles. Rayban aviator sunglasses. Printed on Jay's shorts (77), could be carrying a 7 or 8 round shooter, maybe a 15 round magazine. 77? Thus 8 more.

Their cousins, prosecuting attorneys, are Dewey, Barium, and Howe.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Two giant disabled guys (bad back, 1 leg) that are always teetering on the edge of anger hidden under a smile because they never get proper sleep.

I am not really that dangerous, just lacking tolerance for those that help themselves to other peoples property. The funny thing is, if people steal out of need (food, clothes, etc.) I don't care. I will be irritated, but only because they didn't ask me first. I would give them what they took and more if they were in need because I have been there myself. Stealing bikes, cars, tools, etc. has nothing to do with desperation, and everything to do with lazy greed. I don't like lazy or greedy people.
Good point, Dan, you are right. Some people that steal out of need, maybe, cannot ask, or have too much pride. Bike, tools, cars, and etc., is lazy greed, untaxable income. Like you, I do not have tolerance for lazy or greedy people. I do not like people that try to befriend me or my family, for personal gain of some kind. Don't kiss my_ss, just ask me. If a person wants something, just ask. We are generous and kind. BUT WAIT, we have some signs that say "We don't dial 911."
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #49

Jay's alright he was just sleeping after keeping up the surveillance till 6am.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Good point, Dan, you are right. Some people that steal out of need, maybe, cannot ask, or have too much pride. Bike, tools, cars, and etc., is lazy greed, untaxable income. Like you, I do not have tolerance for lazy or greedy people. I do not like people that try to befriend me or my family, for personal gain of some kind. Don't kiss my_ss, just ask me. If a person wants something, just ask. We are generous and kind. BUT WAIT, we have some signs that say "We don't dial 911."
Why Dial 911, when a 1911 can be right at hand.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #51

The Pa state police are less then effective around here, yes they may go through the motions with zero effort, unless you’re related to one of them! or you financially motivate the “right” guy quietly. Yes I’m serious.

Wait some time.... then we can never speak of this again. You have your Fire-mission. Leave the cell at home.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 09-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #52

Trust me, if I was my usual 80% this event would be going alot differently. I've always been cursed/blessed with a lack of self preservation and the ability to hit a fella really hard and really fast. Most are unconscious within the first 3 blows.

My landlord Gladyss (who's since passed) when I lived in Corning Oh let her little shitzu out to do it's business and didn't return. She came over to my house with tears in her eyes and told me she had seen a black guy and a young woman walking up the lane earlier. I knew exactly who she was referring to and told her I would see what I could find out. These people were responsible for most of the crime in the neighborhood and he always carried a little 380 that he liked to flash.

So I went over the hill and grabbed up Rooney (fellow bruiser and serious dog lover) and his brother Tony (notorious brawler) and headed to the colored fellas house. There was a time back in the day that us 3 had been barred from every drinking establishment in the county for our love of booze and brawling. We could clear a bar out in about 5 minutes and be the only ones left standing.

Well Rooney bellered for the fella to come outside and when he didn't Rooney kicked the door in closely followed by myself and Tony. Rooney blasted the fella once and put him on the couch and then I took a seat next to him incase he had any thoughts of fleeing or pulling his little pistol. We not so politely explained to him we knew he had taken the dog and it's immediate return would greatly benefit his health. All the while Tony was searching the house and calling for the dog.

The fella said he had just came across it wandering along the road (it was in a fenced in yard with a locked gate) and had "given" it to a friend. So we kept him company while his girlfriend went and retrieved the dog. The funniest part was Tony said he was hungry and got in the fella's fridge and made himself a ham sandwich with plenty of mayo while we waited.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #53

The fella in red is Rooney (aka Terry Bobb) and he's standing next to my brother in law Dale. Roon is about 8" shorter than me but built like a bulldog and surprisingly quick. I had to fight him on prom night because he threw a beer that hit my date in the face. I didn't lose but I was in for the fight of my life. All I could do was keep swinging as hard and as fast as I could to keep him from getting the upper hand.

Afterwards we became the best of friends and still are today. He's the one that convinced me to get back on a bike 2 years after losing my leg. A really good guy.

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #54

So sorry to hear that! I live out in the Boondocks, but that by no means means that I’m except from theft. People get robbed out in the sticks around here because criminals don’t get much in the way of jail time. I wish I could help.
I’m going to ask if it is possible to set up some kind go fund me account that I or whoever wants to can pitch in towards the purchase of a new bike? I’m not tech savvy, hell I don’t even know if it legal. Point is if someone will put it together I will donate.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
So sorry to hear that! I live out in the Boondocks, but that by no means means that I’m except from theft. People get robbed out in the sticks around here because criminals don’t get much in the way of jail time. I wish I could help.
I’m going to ask if it is possible to set up some kind go fund me account that I or whoever wants to can pitch in towards the purchase of a new bike? I’m not tech savvy, hell I don’t even know if it legal. Point is if someone will put it together I will donate.
I will also...

Old 09-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #56

Duckman and Wedooit wow, that's an incredible act of generosity and I really appreciate it. I think it's a little too soon to know right now what path to take. I hadn't considered a Go Fund Me account because I generally prefer to handle things myself. That being said I should probably replace my Toyota 4x4 before spending money on another bike.

What we've been talking about is finding a used Hawk even if it's a couple states away. But we're still hopeful the TBR may be recovered, doubtful though. Jay has finally admitted he likes the offroad capability of the Hawk more, bigger wheels and more traction. This just really sucks because I'm just now getting back to walking and he won't have a bike to ride with me.

I will consider starting one though because if I could raise half the money I could pay the other $700 without much trouble. This is just more proof we have a great bunch of guys here at China Riders.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:45 PM   #57

You can setup a go fund me for another person. I forget all the logistics behind it, but it isn't that complicated - mainly an e-mail so they can contact said person for the financial deposit side of things. I set one up a while back for Jerry when he was in a bit of a rough spot. If you get one setup I will gladly pitch in.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:52 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post

What we've been talking about is finding a used Hawk even if it's a couple states away. But we're still hopeful the TBR may be recovered, doubtful though. Jay has finally admitted he likes the offroad capability of the Hawk more, bigger wheels and more traction. This just really sucks because I'm just now getting back to walking and he won't have a bike to ride with me.
I will keep looking the Idaho/Utah classified sites, to see if I can find one. I am a little far away, but one never knows. I have a friend that hauls camp trailers out of Indiana.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
You can setup a go fund me for another person. I forget all the logistics behind it, but it isn't that complicated - mainly an e-mail so they can contact said person for the financial deposit side of things. I set one up a while back for Jerry when he was in a bit of a rough spot. If you get one setup I will gladly pitch in.
Yes Go Fund Me, does work quite well
Look at this history:
She took a 90 pounds (115 usd) ticket to a date with his tinder match, her tinder match called her fat and left... She made a go fund me to get those 90 pounds back.
Instead she raised at the time 1001 pounds

https://www.gofundme.com/f/want-my-9...-called-me-fat

I'm pretty sure with the history of the TBR theft you could get funded to buy a new one.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Yes Go Fund Me, does work quite well
Look at this history:
She took a 90 pounds (115 usd) ticket to a date with his tinder match, her tinder match called her fat and left... She made a go fund me to get those 90 pounds back.
Instead she raised at the time 1001 pounds

https://www.gofundme.com/f/want-my-9...-called-me-fat

I'm pretty sure with the history of the TBR theft you could get funded to buy a new one.
The best comment on that page is the guy that said it was full of turbo virgins and feminists.